Finals Week 1

Talk on the national game

Re: Finals Week 1

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:49 pm

heater31 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Brodlach wrote:So they won by 62, what margin constitutes a good win?

They won by 62 against a team who has one 2 of their last 12 games. Nothing too special about that. North are useless. You'll get torn a new arsehole next week.

Won't go anywhere kicking 15 behinds in a game....

Three of the four winning teams kicked 15 points or more :-? :-?
Last edited by Brodlach on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:51 pm

am Bays wrote:I don't think Adelaide will go much further in the finals because:

1. They are not as good at ground balls as the other finals teams - their players have a tendency to lift their heads before taking he ball - good teams don't. They were better at it last night but against Collingwood and West Coast they were poor at it.

2. There hand ball more often at the feet of their team mattes or they loop it. makes them easy to break down.

3. Their goal scoring accuracy - poor goal kicking against St Kilda, North Melb, Melbourne and West Coast earlier in the season arguably cost them 4th spot on percentage.

This is not the to say the Crows are hopeless but compared to Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong and GWS they aren't in the same class, IMO

What the Crows do do well though is their team defence and press. They certainly make it hard for teams to transition out of their D50 which gives Adelaide opportunities for repeat F 50 entries.

Nice summary, can't disagree with too much of that
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Tough game next week. What would be interesting is if Adelaide some how got through and then an entire team of blokes going to the MCG and playing against a team that has a bloke that left them for a few reasons, but one major reason was to win a flag. Wouldn't need more motivation than that as a group.

I reckon who ever wins the this match will go through to the GF.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:02 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tough game next week. What would be interesting is if Adelaide some how got through and then an entire team of blokes going to the MCG and playing against a team that has a bloke that left them for a few reasons, but one major reason was to win a flag. Wouldn't need more motivation than that as a group.

I don't think Danger has ever stated he left for a premiership, was always about returning home.
Crows fans just love Booing, Christ they even Boo former delisted/traded players :oops:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

They won by 62 against a team who has one 2 of their last 12 games. Nothing too special about that. North are useless. You'll get torn a new arsehole next week.

Three of the four winning teams kicked 15 points or more :-? :-?

It is a regular occurrence for Adelaide....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:09 pm

LMA wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Tough game next week. What would be interesting is if Adelaide some how got through and then an entire team of blokes going to the MCG and playing against a team that has a bloke that left them for a few reasons, but one major reason was to win a flag. Wouldn't need more motivation than that as a group.

I don't think Danger has ever stated he left for a premiership, was always about returning home.
Crows fans just love Booing, Christ they even Boo former delisted/traded players :oops:

FWIW I don't boo him or blame him for anything. He can leave in what ever terms he wishes and he more than did enough in his 7 years in Adelaide.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby MW » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:29 pm

heater31 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

the 21 goals seemed to be ok though right?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Crows are third in the comp for goal accuracy.

Hawks 2nd, GWS 4th, Sydney 8th, Geelong 10th

Nice try though.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

They won by 62 against a team who has won 2 of their last 12 games. Nothing too special about that. North are useless. You'll get torn a new arsehole next week.

How much did Sydney, Hawthorn, GWS, Geelong & Bulldogs beat North by in that run of 12 games?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:52 pm

cracka wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

They won by 62 against a team who has won 2 of their last 12 games. Nothing too special about that. North are useless. You'll get torn a new arsehole next week.

How much did Sydney, Hawthorn, GWS, Geelong & Bulldogs beat North by in that run of 12 games?

Totally irrelevant. High margins in finals only mean that the game was over early, and one team has given up. And yes, that's what happened to PA in 2007. 119 points from memory... :oops:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:19 pm

am Bays wrote:I don't think Adelaide will go much further in the finals because:

1. They are not as good at ground balls as the other finals teams - their players have a tendency to lift their heads before taking he ball - good teams don't. They were better at it last night but against Collingwood and West Coast they were poor at it.

2. There hand ball more often at the feet of their team mattes or they loop it. makes them easy to break down.

3. Their goal scoring accuracy - poor goal kicking against St Kilda, North Melb, Melbourne and West Coast earlier in the season arguably cost them 4th spot on percentage.

This is not the to say the Crows are hopeless but compared to Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong and GWS they aren't in the same class, IMO

What the Crows do do well though is their team defence and press. They certainly make it hard for teams to transition out of their D50 which gives Adelaide opportunities for repeat F 50 entries.

Do you even football? ;)

They finished a game behind the top 4, percentage had nothing to do with it and therefore neither did accuracy
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Do you even football? ;)

They finished a game behind the top 4, percentage had nothing to do with it and therefore neither did accuracy

Game behind the top three.... 8)

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:37 pm

If Adelaide had kicked 28 12 against North in rd 14 instead of 12 28 they'd have finished top 4...

Not to mention they 2 pts they would've got if they had matched North goals and points (they had the same number of scoring shots) in Rd 1....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:37 pm

am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Do you even football? ;)

Game behind the top three.... 8)

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder

Point is there percentage was good enough, they just didnt win enough games
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:22 pm

There was NO pressure in that final. There was even more heat on the contest in the West Coast game. But Tippett and Mills out helps the Crows. The Crows were awesome but that's the end of bruise free goal feasts...and the Crowval.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Any love for the Bullies? They absolutely tore the eagles apart and pressure was intense!

Really looking forward to next Friday and i give us a red hot crack at putting the hawks out in straight sets, now wouldn't that be sublime!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby GWW » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:26 pm

I personally would love to see the Dogs win the flag, not sure if they can though given GF is at MCG, not Etihad.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Grahaml » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:49 am

nuggety goodness wrote:Any love for the Bullies? They absolutely tore the eagles apart and pressure was intense!

Really looking forward to next Friday and i give us a red hot crack at putting the hawks out in straight sets, now wouldn't that be sublime!!!

Lots of love, just a massive task with so many good players hurt, underdone or out of form.

Stringer is a serious headache. If he turns it on he can do anything, but he's given so little for so long I'd be asking whether the dogs need to call up someone who they know will give them soemthing.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 am

5 minutes of brilliance from Stringer is worth more than the bloke who they pull up to replace him. It's worth sticking with him.

Dogs were very solid Thursday night, West Coast however were an absolute embarrassment especially with what after they achieved in the past 3 weeks. I don't think it was so much the pressure from the Dogs, they just worked harder and WCE tapped out in the second quarter. Definitely not a talent issue in that game, was all between the ears.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:55 am

nuggety goodness wrote:Any love for the Bullies? They absolutely tore the eagles apart and pressure was intense!

Absolutely I give you guys a chance. Were very good Thursday and the pressure was very good as well. Didnt allow us to get going. And again you'll be true underdogs.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL