Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

by woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 am

Jim05 wrote:
Hondo wrote:
stan wrote:But if Danger ia going to leave, well you probably wont get a better deal than that.

It's too good to be true IMO. Even Chris Judd in 2008 in his prime and arguably the second best player in the comp (plus club captain, premiership player and Brownlow medalist) only commanded pick 3 plus Josh Kennedy. Plus the Eagles had to give up a late draft pick to sweeten the deal.

Are we saying Dangerfield 2014 is >> Judd 2008?

Times have changed. The advent of FA has seriously inflated player values.

agreed. Frawley asking for 700k is a prime example of that..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

by mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

if I was the Crows, I would be exploring all the deals possible.

as Jim pointed out FA has inflated player values and you might as well cash in on those players and look to the future if they aren't interested.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11879 times
Been liked: 3610 times

by Hondo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 am

OK, so Brisbane say Dayne Beams is only worth pick 4

Yet Melbourne say Dangerfield is worth picks 2 AND 3

Sorry, I still don't buy it but if it is on the table take it and run!
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

by mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Hondo wrote:OK, so Brisbane say Dayne Beams is only worth pick 4

like anything really

items (players) are only worth what clubs are prepared to pay

sometimes they pay overs and sometimes they snag a bargain
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11879 times
Been liked: 3610 times

by daysofourlives » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:Given everyone is enquiring about him this year, if he wanted to move, why wait another year? He will get just as much money this year as next to be coaxed away from the crows. No need to get to be a free agent to pump up his value, he would already be in the top 5 earners on the market if he left.

He wont be able to get to the club of his choice if he goes now, there is no way a Hawthorn or Geelong could satisfy Adelaide. And no way Dangerfield will agree to a trade to a club that is unsuccessful with draft picks to give.
If he wants success he just has to bide his time and wait for free agency next year.
My earlier post about 2 out of Spangher/Shoenmakers and Ceglar/Lowden/McEvoy plus pick 18 maybe a better option for the crows than waiting until next year and getting pick 10-12 depending where the Crows finish. They could also tank for the year and get pick 2 for him, thats an option ;)
Solves the Crows KPP problem in defence and 2nd ruck problems
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

by bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:41 pm

That would still be unders imo.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by stan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Hondo wrote:OK, so Brisbane say Dayne Beams is only worth pick 4

Thats not how Collingwood roll.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by the joker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:So for the crows fans out there.

Seems like Melbourne have offered picks 2 and 3 for danger. Assuming it gets to the point where danger says yes, which I don't think he will, but assuming he does - what do we think about it?

To me this would be a super tempting offer. If the crows could replace him with two pacy skilful young midfielders it would change the makeup of the side a LOT and I think would give us that midfield balance we were lacking. Would leave sloane and the crouch brothers to do the heavy lifting and then if we could get some young mids who can use the ball well I don't think we would lose out that much.

As much as I love danger I think that would be a win win.

Best case scenario is he stays with the crows and wins a brownlow next year though.
no way it's a win win. Dangerfield a out and out gun. Top 5 player in the comp for two guys who you are guessing will be good players.
Danger is going no where
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

by the joker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Hondo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:No guarantee they will be elite. Plenty of top picks are duds plus if you recruit interstate guys you will find yourselves in a similar situation to what you have now with regards to guys wanting to go home

There's no guarantee of course but look at the top 3 picks from 2007 to 2011

2011: Patton, Coniglio, Dyson
2010: Swallow, Bennell, Day
2009: Scully, Trengove, D Martin
2008: Watts, Naita, Hill
2007: Kruezer, Cotchin, Masten

Not everyone has worked out but I don't think you could say of that list "plenty are duds". Overall the quality is there and hypothetically Adelaide would take say Coniglio and Dyson for Dangerfield.
danger is better than any player there
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

by The Gimp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:42 pm

the joker wrote:
Hondo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:No guarantee they will be elite. Plenty of top picks are duds plus if you recruit interstate guys you will find yourselves in a similar situation to what you have now with regards to guys wanting to go home

There's no guarantee of course but look at the top 3 picks from 2007 to 2011

2011: Patton, Coniglio, Dyson
2010: Swallow, Bennell, Day
2009: Scully, Trengove, D Martin
2008: Watts, Naita, Hill
2007: Kruezer, Cotchin, Masten

Not everyone has worked out but I don't think you could say of that list "plenty are duds". Overall the quality is there and hypothetically Adelaide would take say Coniglio and Dyson for Dangerfield.
danger is better than any player there

Yeah but he's not better than 2 of them together! Give me Cotchin AND Masten over Danger by himself.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

by bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

the joker wrote:
bennymacca wrote:So for the crows fans out there.

Seems like Melbourne have offered picks 2 and 3 for danger. Assuming it gets to the point where danger says yes, which I don't think he will, but assuming he does - what do we think about it?

To me this would be a super tempting offer. If the crows could replace him with two pacy skilful young midfielders it would change the makeup of the side a LOT and I think would give us that midfield balance we were lacking. Would leave sloane and the crouch brothers to do the heavy lifting and then if we could get some young mids who can use the ball well I don't think we would lose out that much.

As much as I love danger I think that would be a win win.

Best case scenario is he stays with the crows and wins a brownlow next year though.
no way it's a win win. Dangerfield a out and out gun. Top 5 player in the comp for two guys who you are guessing will be good players.
Danger is going no where

My win win was under the assumption that if he walked the next year we would only get a single first round compo pick probably 8-10
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by kickinit » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm

the joker wrote:no way it's a win win. Dangerfield a out and out gun. Top 5 player in the comp for two guys who you are guessing will be good players.
Danger is going no where

No way near top 5 player in the comp. If Melbourne do offer those 2 picks I'd be running with them.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

by GWW » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 pm

His best is as good as anyone in the comp, but he is coniderably more inconsistent than the best best players in the comp such as Ablett and Pendlebury.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

by am Bays » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Not even top 10 player, five of the six best players were playing on Sunday: Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Franklin and Kennedy,

Chuck in Pendlebury, Ablett, Priddis, Fyfe, Selwood, and Boak/Grey and Dangerfield is not even top 10.

AS GWW said, his best is up there but he is too inconsistent even allowing for his injuries this year.

To me he is in a group of players such as Sloan, Heppell, Watson, Swallow, Roughead, Birchell, Goddard, Martin, Cotchin, Murphy, etc that is 10-20.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1819 times

by valleys07 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Forget top 10 status. Adelaide simply must take 2 &3.

The nature of FA suggests that clubs will now consider taking suitable trade options with any players who haven't signed- to get compensation, rather than running the risk that the player will await until their current contract expires, then p*sses off to the club of their choice, or to the biggest pay cheque- leaving their former club high and dry.

If Adelaide keep Danger this year, and he racks off to a Geelong/Hawthorn next year- Crows fans- how would you feel?? Regretful that 2&3 was there for the taking??

If Danger leaves under FA- going to Adelaide games will be an experience for booing opposition players, as much as cheering for their own :shock:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by daysofourlives » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm

valleys07 wrote:Forget top 10 status. Adelaide simply must take 2 &3.

The nature of FA suggests that clubs will now consider taking suitable trade options with any players who haven't signed- to get compensation, rather than running the risk that the player will await until their current contract expires, then p*sses off to the club of their choice, or to the biggest pay cheque- leaving their former club high and dry.

If Adelaide keep Danger this year, and he racks off to a Geelong/Hawthorn next year- Crows fans- how would you feel?? Regretful that 2&3 was there for the taking??

If Danger leaves under FA- going to Adelaide games will be an experience for booing opposition players, as much as cheering for their own :shock:

Just one small problem with this, Dangerfield has to agree to be traded whilst under contract, He will wait out the year and join a club he wants to easily under Free agency
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

by saintal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 pm

am Bays wrote:Not even top 10 player, five of the six best players were playing on Sunday: Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Franklin and Kennedy,

Chuck in Pendlebury, Ablett, Priddis, Fyfe, Selwood, and Boak/Grey and Dangerfield is not even top 10.

AS GWW said, his best is up there but he is too inconsistent even allowing for his injuries this year.

To me he is in a group of players such as Sloan, Heppell, Watson, Swallow, Roughead, Birchell, Goddard, Martin, Cotchin, Murphy, etc that is 10-20.

Agree 100%. Highly overrated/overexposed in this city, especially by the media. Can play no doubt, but has flaws in his game. His 2014 was sub-par by his standards (don't let the Brownlow result suggest otherwise)

Take picks 2 and 3 if available and move on.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 429 times

by RustyCage » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 pm

He is one of the best at getting ball, but unless he is having a shot at goal, his disposal is terrible.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

by valleys07 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 am

daysofourlives wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Forget top 10 status. Adelaide simply must take 2 &3.

Just one small problem with this, Dangerfield has to agree to be traded whilst under contract, He will wait out the year and join a club he wants to easily under Free agency

Good point Daisy.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Attachments
ronald.JPG
(179.76 KiB) Downloaded 806 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL