AFL Round 19

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 19

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:25 am

I hate Geelong, I can't stand Dangerfield, my view is completely biased and I see absolutely nothing in the Dangerfield tackle and it will be a mockery if he is suspended for that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7502 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 am

Booney wrote:I hate Geelong, I can't stand Dangerfield, my view is completely biased and I see absolutely nothing in the Dangerfield tackle and it will be a mockery if he is suspended for that.

Agree
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1856 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 am

Would love to have access to the umpires review of the Port / Saints game from Saturday night.

It was the most inconsistent display of umpiring I have been witness too. It was, in every aspect, disgraceful. There were several holding the ball / push in the back decisions that were baffling, there was at least 4 deliberate out of bounds / showing insufficient intent non-decisions and the video review that clearly showed Bruce hit the point post AND THE BALL hit the point post only to go as umpires call were deplorable.

I'm glad we stole that one, would have been a bitter yellow maggot pill to swallow if we had lost.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:35 am

Booney wrote:I hate Geelong, I can't stand Dangerfield, my view is completely biased and I see absolutely nothing in the Dangerfield tackle and it will be a mockery if he is suspended for that.

McCarthy got 2 for doing the same thing. Players have been given games for less.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:38 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

McCarthy got 2 for doing the same thing. Players have been given games for less.

Game Day yesterday showed Burgoyne on Reid in Sydney, exactly the same thing, outcome the same ( concussed, no further part ), no games.

He should not miss a game for that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:43 am

Agree with Booney, Geelong and Dangerfield can neck one, but if thats a suspension we'd might as well just all give up the sport and go home. Would happen a dozen times every game and nothing.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:45 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Game Day yesterday showed Burgoyne on Reid in Sydney, exactly the same thing, outcome the same ( concussed, no further part ), no games.

He should not miss a game for that.

Burgoyne didn't have both Reid's arms pinned did he?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5498 times
Been liked: 5137 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby morell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:45 am

Booney wrote:Would love to have access to the umpires review of the Port / Saints game from Saturday night.

It was the most inconsistent display of umpiring I have been witness too. It was, in every aspect, disgraceful. There were several holding the ball / push in the back decisions that were baffling, there was at least 4 deliberate out of bounds / showing insufficient intent non-decisions and the video review that clearly showed Bruce hit the point post AND THE BALL hit the point post only to go as umpires call were deplorable.

I'm glad we stole that one, would have been a bitter yellow maggot pill to swallow if we had lost.

I said publicly that I want the umpires bank accounts forensically inspected as that was just about the only explanation for it. Either that, or they got the sad sacks and decided to willfully favour a team.

Was utterly extraordinary.
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:57 am

Booney wrote:Would love to have access to the umpires review of the Port / Saints game from Saturday night.

Great weekend for goal reviews :roll: :evil: :evil:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 am

St Kilda veteran Nick Riewoldt is reportedly set to announce his retirement from AFL football later today.

Riewoldt will hold a press conference at 2pm AEST this afternoon and Fairfax reports the six-time club best and fairest winner will call time on his illustrious career.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 3902 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:02 am

morell wrote:Agree with Booney, Geelong and Dangerfield can neck one, but if thats a suspension we'd might as well just all give up the sport and go home. Would happen a dozen times every game and nothing.

Except if your name is Jarod Waite.
I agree he shouldn't get a game but it comes down more to who you are rather than anything else.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

On scores alone Wubbzy Swans still lose by a point.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 am

Wedgie wrote:St Kilda veteran Nick Riewoldt is reportedly set to announce his retirement from AFL football later today.

Riewoldt will hold a press conference at 2pm AEST this afternoon and Fairfax reports the six-time club best and fairest winner will call time on his illustrious career.

If this is accurate then it's a sad day.

Champion footballer and one of the best I've seen. Definitely better than Brown. And Tredrea.
morell
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am

morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:St Kilda veteran Nick Riewoldt is reportedly set to announce his retirement from AFL football later today.

If this is accurate then it's a sad day.

Champion footballer and one of the best I've seen. Definitely better than Brown. And Tredrea.

Morrell as some stupid character from Frozen said .."Let it go... Let it go"
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am

Brodlach wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

On scores alone Wubbzy Swans still lose by a point.

Rather that than a dodgy call... It shifted momentum straight after it happened.
Not the first time this year goal review has been wrong with us. Luckily last time we just got over the line...
Don't mind the idea of goal review, but they need the right technology. Otherwise don't have it.

Anyways, after 0-6 start I am ok with where we are at
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Rather that than a dodgy call... It shifted momentum straight after it happened.
Not the first time this year goal review has been wrong with us. Luckily last time we just got over the line...

Hey don't rain on our parade- it's the first one in our favour all year.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL