2021, Your Big Call

Talk on the national game

2021, Your Big Call

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:31 am

Ok weve had a round to form some sort of opinion on the season ahead.
Whats your big call?

Geelong will miss the 8 on the proviso that we stay at 20 minute quarters.
The recruitment of old players and ageing list will bite hard with the longer quarters and reduced interchange rotations. Injury toll will mount to under these conditions.
Ports to lose with such a young list
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: 2021, Your Big Call

Postby stan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ok weve had a round to form some sort of opinion on the season ahead.
Whats your big call?

Geelong will miss the 8 on the proviso that we stay at 20 minute quarters.
The recruitment of old players and ageing list will bite hard with the longer quarters and reduced interchange rotations. Injury toll will mount to under these conditions.
Ports to lose with such a young list
Richmond still the ones to beat.

Your blues to make the 8 is probably a big call.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Commentators will be able to explain terminologies such as “perceived pressure” or how the “pressure gauge” is measured. Both terminologies are the biggest load of dead set bullshit I’ve ever seen.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:55 am

Easy to sink in the boots whilst there down my biggish call is Geelong wont make top 4.

A lot not to like on Saturday, they kicked their first goal of the day and there simply wasn't any emotion, no spirit, no enthusiasm, no energy.

I believe the new man on the mark rule is going to hurt Geelong more than any other side, games seemed to be real quick on the weekend and now Geelong cant really slow teams down other than doing it when they have possession. For mine they seriously lack leg speed in the side.

They will have enough talent to make the 8 but I don't see them finishing above the likes of Richmond, Port, Western Bulldogs (amazing midfield depth) , West Coast (home form will win them enough games)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:57 am

F*ck me "longer quarters" we played 16 minute quarters for ONE YEAR!

If one more player/coach/fan blurts on about the "longer quarters" please remind them last year had less games played over shorter quarters so they should be fresher than ever!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:58 am

Port flag, Clarko to coach the Pies next season.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Crows in top 8, Walker the leading goal kicker

after round 1
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:17 pm

whufc wrote:Easy to sink in the boots whilst there down my biggish call is Geelong wont make top 4.

A lot not to like on Saturday, they kicked their first goal of the day and there simply wasn't any emotion, no spirit, no enthusiasm, no energy.

I believe the new man on the mark rule is going to hurt Geelong more than any other side, games seemed to be real quick on the weekend and now Geelong cant really slow teams down other than doing it when they have possession. For mine they seriously lack leg speed in the side.

They will have enough talent to make the 8 but I don't see them finishing above the likes of Richmond, Port, Western Bulldogs (amazing midfield depth) , West Coast (home form will win them enough games)

Cats were always going to have a sluggish start to the season, if I was a supporter I would be more worried if they were flying this time of year. Geelong are a very smart organisation and will be managing their run for the back end of the season, write them off at your own peril IMO.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but an old list regardless of talent is going to struggle in 30deg heat.
Who are Geelong playing next week? Load up...and on Swans vs Adel for the same reason more so cause of the heat not the aging list :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Chrisso » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Buckley to be sacked amongst a Pie implosion that's already well under way.
Chrisso
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Stewie Dew to become the spokesman for Light and Easy.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Chrisso wrote:Buckley to be sacked amongst a Pie implosion that's already well under way.

Yep, there's an air of disaster hanging over Collingwood right now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Joel Selwood doesn't see the season out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:Easy to sink in the boots whilst there down my biggish call is Geelong wont make top 4.

Cats were always going to have a sluggish start to the season, if I was a supporter I would be more worried if they were flying this time of year. Geelong are a very smart organisation and will be managing their run for the back end of the season, write them off at your own peril IMO.

Yeah if the make the top 4 I wouldn't be completely surprised but their leg speed is a worry for mine that you simply cant 'train' or 'peak'.

Not sure about others but round 1 was some of the quickest football I ever remember seeing, between the kick out from behind rule, the 6,6,6 rule, the man on the mark rule, increased paying of deliberate games were played a break neck speed.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Yeah if the make the top 4 I wouldn't be completely surprised but their leg speed is a worry for mine that you simply cant 'train' or 'peak'.

Not sure about others but round 1 was some of the quickest football I ever remember seeing, between the kick out from behind rule, the 6,6,6 rule, the man on the mark rule, increased paying of deliberate games were played a break neck speed.

Reduction in rotations helps with that too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Chrisso wrote:Buckley to be sacked amongst a Pie implosion that's already well under way.

Yep, there's an air of disaster hanging over Collingwood right now.

Breaks your heart doesn’t it............
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:21 pm

First gay AFL player to come out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:42 pm

Geelong to somehow win 12 games this year after clearly looking a disenfranchised and fractured group..
:lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Board index   Football  AFL