Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association

Postby Danozzo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Ramadash wrote:I heard from some of the compass boys that he was vc for compass and was forced away after disagreeing issues with the current captain.
after the finals these boys said that now the captain was gone they wanted McMillan back.
I would believe there is some truth to Mcmillan captaining compass.
What future would willunga offer him if all the people are exiting.
nothing worse than being a captain of a team that gets flogged every week, i can testify to that.

Willunga are understood to of been looking at the youth this year with several retirements.....Did hear that the younger brigade at Mt Compass are very keen for McMillan to return up the hill.....Did hear at footy over the weekend that McKenzie , Hicks and Jake McMillan are all very keen to play under the guidance of Ryan, Especially Jake who is happy to make the move to Willunga! Dwayne Ross has jumped on board with the demons as either a player or Coach....Yet to be determined... Momentum is building quickly towards the next season! Does anybody know where Andy Evans is playing??? Once again heard that Willunga is on the cards?? Certainly appears they are getting a core group of youngsters down there!
Danozzo
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby MrTeach » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 am

Danozzo wrote:
Ramadash wrote:I heard from some of the compass boys that he was vc for compass and was forced away after disagreeing issues with the current captain.
after the finals these boys said that now the captain was gone they wanted McMillan back.
nothing worse than being a captain of a team that gets flogged every week, i can testify to that.

Willunga are understood to of been looking at the youth this year with several retirements.....Did hear that the younger brigade at Mt Compass are very keen for McMillan to return up the hill.....Did hear at footy over the weekend that McKenzie , Hicks and Jake McMillan are all very keen to play under the guidance of Ryan, Especially Jake who is happy to make the move to Willunga! Dwayne Ross has jumped on board with the demons as either a player or Coach....Yet to be determined... Momentum is building quickly towards the next season! Does anybody know where Andy Evans is playing??? Once again heard that Willunga is on the cards?? Certainly appears they are getting a core group of youngsters down there!

Dwayne Ross at willunga is that fair dinkum. He use to be a pretty decent off spinner and can hit a ball too. Why would he play there is Wade Lenthall playing there again.

As for mcMillan being captain, you have got to be joking?
MrTeach
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Danozzo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 am

MrTeach wrote:
Danozzo wrote:

Dwayne Ross at willunga is that fair dinkum. He use to be a pretty decent off spinner and can hit a ball too. Why would he play there is Wade Lenthall playing there again.

Im fairly sure Ross and McMillan are very good mates....Played some cricket together...Would expect that to be an accurate comment....Ross may not play because of his shoulder - but certainly coach the teams at Willunga!
Danozzo
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Eric_Gilchurch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:07 am

MrTeach wrote:
Danozzo wrote:

Get a few of these young compass players down to Willunga if they don't want to play up there! And if Rossy is half keen to play, get in his ear and make it a certainty!

Harding may still go to the Flinders Uni Crabs, but the financial crisis will see him endure a $250,000 pay cut. To be honest though, I think the man is just to proud to accept a desperate offer like this.

Life Won't Wait...
Eric_Gilchurch
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby ROCKYB » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Andy Evans is playing for Goolwa and will most likely be Captain ,why whould he wont to leave,he has been there now since colts and has played in some good sides just lost A grade prem 4 years ago with the older bregade,and in resent times has been there through the rebuilding stages,over the past 3 years we have blooded some real good young tallent,with most likely one of the youngest list,and last year showed that it is starting to pay off,yes i know that we did not play finals but only just missed out,why would he wont to go to another club that is going to have a young list of nobodies and start all over again,we at Goolwa may have a few guys returning if all things go well and if they play Andy should have a good side to Captain in his first year as full Captain,but time will only tell.

Mr Teach how did your golf go today?and what did u think of our course?I had 78 off stick did u go any better?
Think this year maybe my last year of cricket,maybe time to play more golf getting older and cricket is getting harder,if we could win a premiership this year then i think that would be it,spend the rest of my saturdays on the golf course followed by a couple of beers at the cricket afterwards!!!!!!happy days :D :D :D
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:08 am

ROCKYB wrote:Andy Evans is playing for Goolwa and will most likely be Captain ,why whould he wont to leave,he has been there now since colts and has played in some good sides just lost A grade prem 4 years ago with the older bregade,and in resent times has been there through the rebuilding stages,over the past 3 years we have blooded some real good young tallent,with most likely one of the youngest list,and last year showed that it is starting to pay off,yes i know that we did not play finals but only just missed out,why would he wont to go to another club that is going to have a young list of nobodies and start all over again,we at Goolwa may have a few guys returning if all things go well and if they play Andy should have a good side to Captain in his first year as full Captain,but time will only tell.

Mr Teach how did your golf go today?and what did u think of our course?I had 78 off stick did u go any better?
Think this year maybe my last year of cricket,maybe time to play more golf getting older and cricket is getting harder,if we could win a premiership this year then i think that would be it,spend the rest of my saturdays on the golf course followed by a couple of beers at the cricket afterwards!!!!!!happy days :D :D :D

rocky, we both played in this game, 130 runs isnt just losing. its a ******* smashing \:D/
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby ROCKYB » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:34 am

F@#&EN Mouse Lintern &Henderson ,need to be shot :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Shake n Bake » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:26 pm

that's funny... I don't remember goolwa making finals in A grade in any recent years and you shouldn't jump on after a few beers rocky coz you make less sense than you usually do!! :roll: :roll:
Heard Evans has accepted the captaincy down at Mclaren due to the retirement of the great ifould.. petrol, grog and food money. Mainly due to there being no leadership material left in the ranks after the great West Indies Wonder leaving...
IF YOU AINT FIRST... YOU'RE LAST!!
Shake n Bake

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:17 pm

shall be a sad day at the goolwa cricket club and for cricket itself when K.Vincent calls it quits.
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby Ramadash » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Stop it now I'm tearing up!

:lol: :lol:
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 pm

theres no way evans would go to willunga now if harding & williamson aren't there this season
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby ROCKYB » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Good news for Goolwa retaining the service of Lee Spurling,went up to the Bridge today with family to catch up and he said that he is going nowhere,so by the sounds of things Goolwa will most likely have the same side as last with a couple of new guys returning,N Kies is back,Matt Mcdonald is playing tall left arm bowler and we are hopefull that Haydon Thorpe will return ,so Andy should have a good side to take on as Captain.
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Good news for Goolwa retaining the service of Lee Spurling,went up to the Bridge today with family to catch up and he said that he is going nowhere,so by the sounds of things Goolwa will most likely have the same side as last with a couple of new guys returning,N Kies is back,Matt Mcdonald is playing tall left arm bowler and we are hopefull that Haydon Thorpe will return ,so Andy should have a good side to take on as Captain.

thought goolwa already had quality left arm bowler :lol: ....
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby ROCKYB » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah i can bowl left arm but better with my right, :lol: but i do agree with you there Dave Tuckwell is a gun.
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby MrTeach » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Hayden Thorpe back for Goolwa would be a big in. Have i missed something has the great Ifould retired? I very much doubt it. I am pretty sure he will be ripping through opposition batting attacks again this year
MrTeach
Under 16s

Postby Minnas » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:30 pm

The site has been quite for a bit now! With the season getting closer is there any SERIOUS news going on at any of the clubs, have players moved on or retired and is there any recruits that could make an impact!!
Minnas
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Ramadash » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm

has the assoc made any decisions on their weather changes proposal?
whats going on rockyb are you guys holding meetings?

:lol: :lol:
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps