Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby the star » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:59 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:Have west torrens uncovered a new star in the making. I believe there number 7 smashed 72 with 4 massive sixes to almost get them over the line against the favourites for the comp. Pity his bowling was a little costly.

what was his name?

A Bosworth. May just make some runs this year

he hit some masive bombs and got hem back in well and truely. i do however think that the 2 sixes cameron francis hit over cover into the breeze back to back off trent kelly in the last over were awesome
the star
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby buulsroar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

East Torrens D's got rolled for 25 against TTG. Is this some sort of record for a low score in the SACA?
buulsroar
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:02 pm

buulsroar wrote:East Torrens D's got rolled for 25 against TTG. Is this some sort of record for a low score in the SACA?

No

Sturt's First side were rolled for a grand total of 8 by Adelaide University during season 1913/14.

A side note is the 13/14 Sturt side must have been very poor as also during that season they conceded their highest score of 9/632 to North Adelaide (pre cursor to Prospect I think) on the Double Blue Heart land of Unley Oval.

But they improved immensely by 1926/27 to make Kensington chase leather to all parts of Adelaide Oval racking up 9/666.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby buulsroar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks Heater.

Some very interesting facts there.

I would image that East Torrens score of 25 was probably one of the lowest in recent times.
buulsroar
Mini-League

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:41 am

buulsroar wrote:Thanks Heater.

Some very interesting facts there.

I would image that East Torrens score of 25 was probably one of the lowest in recent times.

Id say port would have had a score close to that in the last 10yrs
there were some pretty dark times there!!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 am

Southern District D-Grade in 2007/8 bowled out by East Torrens for 31
Match had begun reasonably well for the Stingrays getting Reds for 136. Then almost lost by an innngs :shock:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:48 am

Just been told that the wicked that was to be used at Pertaringa was ripped up last night by some nice individual with a star dropper.... luckily the newly laid pitch next door which was going to be used in a few weeks is a good chance to be ready.....

Little Shits i wouldnt mind catching them!!!!!!!!!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby abber » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:20 am

Just been told that the wicked that was to be used at Pertaringa was ripped up last night by some nice individual with a star dropper.... luckily the newly laid pitch next door which was going to be used in a few weeks is a good chance to be ready.....

Probably the East Torrens Ds
abber
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby buulsroar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:09 pm

abber wrote:

Probably the East Torrens Ds

The idiots last night would have been on the pitch longer than the ET D's last weekend !!
buulsroar
Mini-League

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:33 pm

went out on the weekend to see east torrens v northern districts 20/20 game and cosgrove was using this bat during his innings.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricke ... 83523.html
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Jack » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:33 am

Can anyone from Prospect fill me in on how Ryan Darling is going? Has he started in the D grade?
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 pm

The Jack wrote:Can anyone from Prospect fill me in on how Ryan Darling is going? Has he started in the D grade?

Darling... D grade at prospect... you are kidding me... shows they are in trouble if they are playing him in the d's... would be one of the better players at the club if/when on song
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

kookas wrote:went out on the weekend to see east torrens v northern districts 20/20 game and cosgrove was using this bat during his innings.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricke ... 83523.html

WTF!?! Crazy lol, how did he go with it?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby smac » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 pm

73 from 38 or something similar, from memory.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bag The Points » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 am

I've been saying all along, Twenty/20 is turning cricket into baseball. This proves it.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:43 am

Very disappointed in the effort of SACA over the weekend. All colts games called off (which I agreed with) but NOTHING ON THE HOTLINE !!!! :evil:
Tried again at about 11.30am Saturday and it still had the old message from last February.
Tried the website but could not find any reference. Someone told me it was on there but you had to go searching for it ---- like a needle in a haystack. If I couldn't find it there's a fair bet any new parents looking for it couldn't find it either.
No doubt emails were sent to co-ordinators, but emails are not always reliable. They have been known to get lost in cyberspace and not hitting the destination for a day or two. THE HOTLINE SHOULD ALSO BE USED !!!! What about family relatives and friends ? Club co-ordinators won't have every email of those who wish to know.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH SACA !!! :evil: :evil:
I advised a couple of parents to check the hotline on Saturday morning. That's the last time I'll do that !!! That's relying on SACA !!
If they aren't going to use it, what's the point of putting the number in the programme book
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby smac » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Agree with the hotline issue, but what's so difficult about going to the 'latest news' section of the grade cricket part of the website? Not that hard.

And club coordinators should have a system in place for delivering the info, such as 'look at the club website for up to date info'. Pretty simple, a club that can't manage that is in poor shape.
smac
Coach

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:05 pm

smac wrote:Agree with the hotline issue, but what's so difficult about going to the 'latest news' section of the grade cricket part of the website? Not that hard.

And club coordinators should have a system in place for delivering the info, such as 'look at the club website for up to date info'. Pretty simple, a club that can't manage that is in poor shape.

OK if you know that's where you find it, and where you find "latest news" section.
Also, not all those who want to know are actually involved with club. Not all of the relatives or friends etc will know the club's website. And we're also talking about news that happens at the last minute.
What's so difficult about putting it on the hotline ?????? Not that hard
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby smac » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:57 pm

I have already agreed about the hotline, leave the horse alone - it's dead.

But those relatives and friends who can't find the SACA website are going to have the hotline number?
smac
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:11 am

Good move from the SACA with weather this weekend.

"In accordance with this Policy, we have closely monitored the weather over the past week and have reviewed the forecast conditions for tomorrow and Sunday.

The forecast for Saturday indicates that we will experience a very hot day with a maximum temperature of 41 degrees. Sunday’s forecast is significantly hotter, with an expected maximum temperature of 43 degrees.

In considering how to handle grade cricket this weekend, SACA decided to look at each grade (and day) separately. The reasoning behind this decision is due to the average age of all participants in a particular grade (players and umpires) as well as the level of off-field support in the form of volunteers and facilities (air conditioned club rooms, fridge access etc). Subsequently, SACA has decided to cancel cricket in the following grades:

Women’s A Grade (Sunday 10 January 2010)
Women’s B Grade (Sunday 10 January 2010)
Men’s C Grade (Saturday 9 January 2010)
Men’s D Grade (Saturday 9 January 2010)
XXXX Gold One Day Cup Grade (Sunday 10 January 2010)
SACA fully understands that players in the Women’s A and B Grade and Men’s C and D Grade Competitions have been frustrated by the abandonment of matches in late November due to wet weather, however the decision to cancel cricket in these grades tomorrow due to extreme heat is made with the safety and well being of all participants in mind. The Grade Cricket Committee will consider rescheduling these matches at a meeting on 2 February 2010.

In relation to Men’s A and B Grades on Saturday, SACA believes that with the assistance of participants and clubs, it is possible to continue these grades as programmed.

SACA does not believe that it is safe for players to participate on Sunday in the XXXX Gold One Day Cup Competition as many of these players will have competed the day before. Subsequently, these matches have been cancelled and will be rescheduled to Sunday 17 January 2010. SACA will liaise with Grade Clubs next week regarding confirmation of venues.
Participants involved in Men’s A and B Grades on Saturday are reminded to properly hydrate before during and after the match, to wear appropriate clothing (hats, sunglasses etc) and regularly apply sunscreen. Clubs are reminded to manage regular drink breaks, ensure all participants (including umpires) have ongoing access to drinks by running out ‘squirt bottles’ and stocking eskies on the boundary line. Chilled fruit should be available at the tea break as well as ensuring players have access to air conditioned clubrooms where available. We ask that Clubs ensure that all participants are monitored during and after the day’s play."
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps