Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby Hot Pies » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 am

MrTeach wrote:
BLOODS wrote:hats off to the vale boys yesterday such a tight game would have loved if we caught that winning catch, but not to be.....good luck to the vale boys great bunch of blokes.....except natale needs to take the carrot out of his ass and stop thinking he is the best cricketer in the GSCA well done ebay for making the gf.

Bloods it was a cracker of a game and i really would like to congratulate Pt Elliott on not only their season but the way they played the game on the weekend. always played in great spirits with those boys and they just kept fighting and fighting on the weekend which gave them a massive chance. I must make mention of Brett Johnstone, this bloke CAN bowl, he bowled superbly on the weekend (well backed up by Kuss) and i know the ball i got was a gem.

To the Crusher boys, let's just keep defying the odds and the critics. A great achievement so far with such a young squad and one last thing, something needs to be mentioned about young Scott Galletly, 4 wickets on Saturday backed up by a match winning 36 on Sunday. At just 19 years of age has shown maturity beyond his years and has massive potential.

Cant wait to play Bryce, Rosa and the boys this weekend

its good to hear people complimenting the elliot side we have fought hard all year and that game although we lost i wont be forgeting it anytime soon as for bodie i wasnt going to post anything about his run out but i have to i think that the queen mary 2 has a better turning circle than him sorry but had to put it there love the bloke ....brett johnstone is a great bowler and will be surely missed in next years team as hes moving for work...with a few new recruits already putting ink to paper a side with a little more depth next year might be on the cards as this will be my last post for the year my tip for the gf........EBay surely have the better side atm in the finals race but with the fighting spirit of young guns galletly and natale i think vales will get up in a close affair! as for trophys this year would have to say bryce for cricketer of the year just a class act in the gsca , good luck to to you all and see you all next year ;)
Hot Pies

Postby The Yetti » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 am

BLOODS wrote:
MrTeach wrote:
BLOODS wrote:hats off to the vale boys yesterday such a tight game would have loved if we caught that winning catch, but not to be.....good luck to the vale boys great bunch of blokes.....except natale needs to take the carrot out of his ass and stop thinking he is the best cricketer in the GSCA well done ebay for making the gf.

Bloods it was a cracker of a game and i really would like to congratulate Pt Elliott on not only their season but the way they played the game on the weekend. always played in great spirits with those boys and they just kept fighting and fighting on the weekend which gave them a massive chance. I must make mention of Brett Johnstone, this bloke CAN bowl, he bowled superbly on the weekend (well backed up by Kuss) and i know the ball i got was a gem.

To the Crusher boys, let's just keep defying the odds and the critics. A great achievement so far with such a young squad and one last thing, something needs to be mentioned about young Scott Galletly, 4 wickets on Saturday backed up by a match winning 36 on Sunday. At just 19 years of age has shown maturity beyond his years and has massive potential.

its good to hear people complimenting the elliot side we have fought hard all year and that game although we lost i wont be forgeting it anytime soon as for bodie i wasnt going to post anything about his run out but i have to i think that the queen mary 2 has a better turning circle than him sorry but had to put it there love the bloke ....brett johnstone is a great bowler and will be surely missed in next years team as hes moving for work...with a few new recruits already putting ink to paper a side with a little more depth next year might be on the cards as this will be my last post for the year my tip for the gf........EBay surely have the better side atm in the finals race but with the fighting spirit of young guns galletly and natale i think vales will get up in a close affair! as for trophys this year would have to say bryce for cricketer of the year just a class act in the gsca , good luck to to you all and see you all next year ;)

Did the keg on legs get run out again? I am gobsmacked.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby sherminator » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:17 pm

The Yetti wrote:
BLOODS wrote:
MrTeach wrote:

Did the keg on legs get run out again? I am gobsmacked.

Surely he must now be getting close to Shane 'Chopper' Brown's longstanding club record for most run-outs in McDCC history. It was last calculated circa 1999-2000 by Brucie Elliott, I reckon a recount would make interesting reading!
sherminator
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby HappyWanderer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Heard his old man was found out "AGAIN" on the weekend. Trying to claim a catch that had clearly bounced well short of him. When will this family learn that the GSCA is a friendly country Association and stop playing for sheep stations (or grape vines). At least this time there was a paid umpire there to make the correct decision.
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby THE ECLIPSE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Speaking of cheating has anyone else heard the rumor about a certain Goolwa C1 player going back into Mycricket to change players names and the amount of days played as to qualify them?
If this is true it is an utter disgrace and he should be booted out of the assoc? I hope goolwa aren't letting him play this week and have torn up his membership.
I know who the player is but wont say incase some one is pullig my chain?
Is it true?
Did RockyB know about it. (being on Goolwas commitee).?
THE ECLIPSE
Mini-League

Postby damian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 am

THE ECLIPSE wrote:Speaking of cheating has anyone else heard the rumor about a certain Goolwa C1 player going back into Mycricket to change players names and the amount of days played as to qualify them?
If this is true it is an utter disgrace and he should be booted out of the assoc? I hope goolwa aren't letting him play this week and have torn up his membership.
I know who the player is but wont say incase some one is pullig my chain?
Is it true?
Did RockyB know about it. (being on Goolwas commitee).?

I haven't heard anything about this so would suggest it is not true. The C1's had many players qualified for finals and i would expect them to take it out.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby ROCKYB » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 pm

The person you are talking about is a well respected player in the association and a life member of Goolwa and the GSCA,what happened is he was updating Goolwas stats and found that there was a mistake with one game this year and went in to fix and update mycricket,Goolwa had won the game by 100 odd runs and he had to delete a players name as he was not the one who made the runs,so Goolwa took the 12 runs off the score and played the next week one short,nothing to do with trying to CHEAT and qualify someone for finals,this only showed up as the mycricket site dose a report every couple of months and found a problem when he was approached he told them what he had done and it was just an honest mistake,you will get this from time to time when you introduce a new system like mycricket.

So dont worry there was no CHEATING involved,hope this clears things up for you.
Good luck to all playing in finals and hope your team wins.
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm

how hard is it to get it right when it comes to my cricket. do it right the first time. i hope goolwa gets fined the 25 bucks for not correctly filling in the stats that week......
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby THE ECLIPSE » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 pm

ROCKYB wrote:The person you are talking about is a well respected player in the association and a life member of Goolwa and the GSCA,what happened is he was updating Goolwas stats and found that there was a mistake with one game this year and went in to fix and update mycricket,Goolwa had won the game by 100 odd runs and he had to delete a players name as he was not the one who made the runs,so Goolwa took the 12 runs off the score and played the next week one short,nothing to do with trying to CHEAT and qualify someone for finals,this only showed up as the mycricket site dose a report every couple of months and found a problem when he was approached he told them what he had done and it was just an honest mistake,you will get this from time to time when you introduce a new system like mycricket.

So dont worry there was no CHEATING involved,hope this clears things up for you.
Good luck to all playing in finals and hope your team wins.

Rocky that is bull s--t. I had a look into it now and this player wasn't in the scorebook, nor do any of the players remember him being there, (he is someone you would remmeber) so from that information he is a cheat and your club is defending him pathetic, i suggest you look further into it.
THE ECLIPSE
Mini-League

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm

if this is true. he needs to be banned for a substantial amount of time.
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby ROCKYB » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 pm

For **** sake guys it was a mistake not trying to cheat at all ,until you know the facts and how could you as it is a GSCA exec matter,if you say you know the guy well you should know what he is like ,this is one thing he just would not do so dont go lable him a cheat as he is not.
Get over it and just concentrate on playing finals ,good luck with them.
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:54 pm

He wasnt in the score book because he sub fielded the second week and took two catches,that is why he had to be added to mycricket as he was not a named player and only a sub,this was done so that his catches counted on mycricket or it would of gone down as caught sub,and he only played 5 games for c grade and 2 for b grade so he was never going to play finals so this trying to qualify him for finals crap is out the window isnt it,and like i said before the person concerned just would not do it.
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Spunky Stinky Feet » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 am

Not sure if it's worth the effort of going back to put catches on to a "sub" player...unless he's in with a chance of winning the fielding award. I can think of many more reasons why it's strange to do what he did...so if you like I could go on.............so why ROCKY why?
Sounds very suspect.. but if it was a honest silly mistake I'll take your word for it.....But break his fingers off so it doesn't happen again.
This stuff is not good for any club respected as Goolwa is.
Spunky Stinky Feet
Mini-League

Postby Luke15 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am

Anyway guys, to the game A grade game this week, who are we tipping?

Will be a very tight one i believe, i think it will come down to who performs better overall as a team as to win these matches you need more then just one stand out player! However, both these teams wuldnt of come this far into the season if they were a 1 man team!
I cant make my decision on who will get up here, will be a great game to watch!

Mclaren need youngsters to keep improving and some people who have been around for a few years to rise up and perform under pressure, they will have to avoid middle order collapses which has been their issue lately!

Aldinga have been a consistent performer all year and have a vast experienced side with both garrards, lishmund, parkinson, millar, wood and etc.... These players will need to perform and be supported by their talented younger players!
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby THE ECLIPSE » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:15 pm

rocky what the hell are you on.
Why would anyone in there right mind go back in two months later to put a catch in on a sub fielder that has played minimal games,
for one he wasn't even at the game let alone sub field, nor on the team sheet or on the exchanged players list.
Why remove a player from the team and add someone just for a catch. what about the guy that was removed, his stats dont matter. (games played)
the guy is a cheat, and he is allowed to make 69 in a final when he shouldnt even be playing. Have some character and do something about it.
Dont know why assoc hasnt done something, do they know about it, as Mclaren and Pt Elliot clubs certainly do.
THE ECLIPSE
Mini-League

Postby HappyWanderer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Any results on the C2s GF?
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby damian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am

Aldinga 201 (B Garrard 90, M Franceschini 39, R Lishmund 31; J Ifould 5/32, B Duncombe 3/48)
McLaren 113 (J Ifould 52, SW Galletly 28; M Schofield 4/20, B Wood 2/16, KW Schofield 2/26)

The one man team were no match for Dingy on the weekend. Congrats to Aldinga making it into the GF to take on the Bays.

2010 A Grade Grand Final - Encounter Bay V Aldinga
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby damian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

A Grade Grand Final - Encounter Bay v Aldinga @ Port Elliot
B Grade Grand Final - McLaren v Willunga @ Goolwa
C Grade Grand Final - Myponga v Goolwa @ Burgess
C2 Grand Final - Mt Compass 7/133 v Willunga (no result entered as yet, can anyone share how Willunga went in the chase?)
U16 Grand Final - Goolwa v McLaren @ Port Elliot
U14 Grand Final - Willunga v Victor Harbor @ Burgess

A good spread of clubs in Grand Finals.

Encounter Bay - A Grade
Aldinga - A Grade
McLaren - B Grade & U16
Willunga - B Grade, C2 & U14
Myponga - C Grade
Goolwa - C Grade & U16
Mt Compass - C2
Victor Harbor - U14
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby sherminator » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 am

damian wrote:C2 Grand Final - Mt Compass 7/133 v Willunga (no result entered as yet, can anyone share how Willunga went in the chase?)

Willunga got up with 6 or 7 down. Apparently Compass dropped 8 catches yesterday. Was a good effort by the Compass boys, no one would have given them much of a chance pre-game. Willunga would've been sweating bullets I would have thought considering they were undefeated.

Goolwa vs McLarens C1 prelim was an absolute thriller. More twists and turns than a Hitchcock thriller. McLarens looked home and hosed chasing 191 and were about 5 for 150-60, then bang a couple of quick wickets and Goolwa got up.
sherminator
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm

I think your a genuine hack and one day after we lost today is probably not the best day for bringing this up.

Wow an average of 12, definately an opener in A Grade!!!
Stick at it champ!
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps