Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Can i get someone from Port Elliot Cricket Club to send me a pm bout playing there next season thanks
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby bulldogs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm

normstwin wrote:Can i get someone from Port Elliot Cricket Club to send me a pm bout playing there next season thanks

so i take it you not coming back to farmers next season
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby interested observer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

normstwin wrote:Can i get someone from Port Elliot Cricket Club to send me a pm bout playing there next season thanks

Going to end up with a fair hat rack Twin !!!!!
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm

bulldogs wrote:

I just think it'll be easier to play closer to home as i wouldn't train at ingle farm and push someone outta the side who has trained
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

interested observer wrote:

You'll never know when those hats will come in handy
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby interested observer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

normstwin wrote:

Always a few "past players games" from time to time... ;)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby bulldogs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm

normstwin wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

I just think it'll be easier to play closer to home as i wouldn't train at ingle farm and push someone outta the side who has trained

ah dont worry bout that
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby catchit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

normstwin wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

at my time there was ever only 8 or 9 C graders that trained ;) :lol:
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby catchit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

normstwin wrote:

Always a few "past players games" from time to time... ;)

surely i qualify?? :lol:
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby interested observer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Nah Mate,.. Minimum of 3 games to qualify !! ;) :lol: :lol:
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby MrTeach » Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.
MrTeach
Under 16s

Postby sherminator » Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 pm

MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.

Simon is a former Association COY (I think on a couple of occasions) so would be a huge boost for McLarens. Spoke to his dad a while back and he hinted that he might return to GSCA. Good batsman and swings and cuts the ball both ways. He was very close to Brucie Elliott, so maybe Willunga a chance too?

The name Hockey rings a bell. Was he playing around 2001-2002? Did he have a brother who played as well?

The only rumours I've heard Mr Teach, is that McLarens will be missing two of their A grade stalwarts next year ... one to Pt Elliot and the other to retirement (young kids and a commute from the hills playing a big role). Any truth??
sherminator
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby The Yetti » Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 am

sherminator wrote:
MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

Simon is a former Association COY (I think on a couple of occasions) so would be a huge boost for McLarens. Spoke to his dad a while back and he hinted that he might return to GSCA. Good batsman and swings and cuts the ball both ways. He was very close to Brucie Elliott, so maybe Willunga a chance too?

The name Hockey rings a bell. Was he playing around 2001-2002? Did he have a brother who played as well?

The only rumours I've heard Mr Teach, is that McLarens will be missing two of their A grade stalwarts next year ... one to Pt Elliot and the other to retirement (young kids and a commute from the hills playing a big role). Any truth??

Hockey is a gun bowler. Ordinary batsman. Been playing at South Gambier for the last few years and before that was in England. His brother the commedian and Footy Coach at Murrayville is at best a good 12th man for the under 14's
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby words of wisdom » Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 pm

The Yetti wrote:
sherminator wrote:

Hockey is a gun bowler. Ordinary batsman. Been playing at South Gambier for the last few years and before that was in England. His brother the commedian and Footy Coach at Murrayville is at best a good 12th man for the under 14's

:heart: :heart: :heart:
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Thu May 13, 2010 7:17 pm

would be way too early to discuss on who is and who isn't playing this season coming up in my opinion. still a good 4 months before 'pre-season" starts!
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby mighty bloods » Sun May 16, 2010 12:26 pm

I have heard a whisper that there might be one defection from Goolwa to possibly Mt. Compass, but yes it is very early. Anything could happen between now & "pre-season".
Never hide your enthusiasm for winning out of fear of a disappointing defeat.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby The Yetti » Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
The Yetti wrote:
sherminator wrote:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Thought that would go straight thru to the keeper...but no.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Hot Pies » Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 am

mighty bloods wrote:I have heard a whisper that there might be one defection from Goolwa to possibly Mt. Compass, but yes it is very early. Anything could happen between now & "pre-season".

yes mighty bloods rumors are true the great man himself lee spurling is putting pen to paper with compass told goolwa that hes sick of not making finals and want to play cricket with people more in his age bracket, being in the goolwa side hes practically a veteran so its time for him to move on! would love to see the "queen mary 2" arrive in elliot docks this year gun cricketer if i may say and quote ' would love to win a premiership flag with elliot' im really looking forward to seeing him turn up to elliot traning with the rest of us 8 or 9 c graders :)
Hot Pies

Postby mighty bloods » Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Ah, so my mail was right. Nothing like being a team player. Not sure if the Goolwa boys are going to be too upset.
Never hide your enthusiasm for winning out of fear of a disappointing defeat.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby Hot Pies » Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 pm

mighty bloods wrote:Ah, so my mail was right. Nothing like being a team player. Not sure if the Goolwa boys are going to be too upset.

no mighty bloods i recon goolwa will sorely miss his presence...im sure his shoulders are pretty sore holding that team up year in year out he'd be relieved taking that load off! im already keening up for this season ....need to send a few "pies with sauce" as one great man once said
Hot Pies

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps