Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby HappyWanderer » Mon May 31, 2010 8:09 pm

sherminator wrote:
HappyWanderer wrote:Spurling will be at Compass
Bodie already signed to go to Eliots
Dunks going to Aldinga
Bartsch & Binns going to Aldinga as well
The great JI retired

All rumors, lets see what happens.......

I heard that the concrete steps in front of the Aldinga clubrooms is going to be renamed the Simon Binns Stand in honour of the football and cricket premierships the great man delivered to the Sharks, is that the reason for the move HW?

If its true that Bartsch is also going, you could pencil in a B grade premiership for the Sharks. The Groves & Bartsch opening partnership would be unstoppable .... although the running between wickets would be entertaining!

Easy fixed Sherm; Put everyone on the boundry, you'll get the runout whilst they try taking the quick single.....
8-} =))
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HappyWanderer » Mon May 31, 2010 8:12 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Good luck to all in10/11 season hope u all do well but that's it for me time for a break ,22 years with out a break , time to play golf and sit back and have a beer and watch from the side lines see u all later it has been fun but that's all folks

Rocky you'll be back.
There's always another Rocky sequel.
In the meantime goodluck fishing.
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Postby Offcutter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 pm

WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:Surely a Ticket tape parade would be in order and maybe the Key to Goolwa...
Also a Paul Thurlow Like Momento in the Goolwa F.C Clubrooms playing some of his Bread and Butter Cross Bat Heave and Them Tricky Tweakers which have claims many a bag over the Rocks Career :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream:
Well done on a Great Career Rock bad luck about the silverware though.

Ouch.
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby Moose22 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:12 pm

HappyWanderer wrote:
MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.

Spurling will be at Compass
Dunks going to Aldinga
The great JI retired

some rumours floating around about McLaren:

1. A grade has recruited heavily, pushing last years players down into the B grade.
2. B. Wilson has been elected for the mayor of Pt. Elliot, they will be erecting a statue of him in the town centre.
3. B. Duncome has developed a new bowling style which doesn't envolve a "chucking" action. He will be now coming off the long run.
4. S. Galletly has beefed up in the off season, putting on 50kg.
5. B. Minnahan has had a visit from the dental van, now a proud owner of a full set of pearly whites.
6. J. Ifould has retired and the news has sparked talks of a P. Ifould "injection" into A grade .
7. 1 year performance based contracts have been offered to B.Masten and B.Duncombe but their management weren't happy with the term, negotiations are still open.
8. SACA & GSCA has had meetings with McLaren Administration about last year's breach of salary cap.
Moose22

Postby The Yetti » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Moose22 wrote:
HappyWanderer wrote:
MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.

Dunks going to Aldinga
The great JI retired

1. A grade has recruited heavily, pushing last years players down into the B grade.
2. B. Wilson has been elected for the mayor of Pt. Elliot, they will be erecting a statue of him in the town centre.
3. B. Duncome has developed a new bowling style which doesn't envolve a "chucking" action. He will be now coming off the long run.
5. B. Minnahan has had a visit from the dental van, now a proud owner of a full set of pearly whites.
6. J. Ifould has retired and the news has sparked talks of a P. Ifould "injection" into A grade .
7. 1 year performance based contracts have been offered to B.Masten and B.Duncombe but their management weren't happy with the term, negotiations are still open.
8. SACA & GSCA has had meetings with McLaren Administration about last year's breach of salary cap.

You forgot 9.Wilson has had several sprint sessions already to try and stop the steady stream of runouts.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby HappyWanderer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

The Yetti wrote:
Moose22 wrote:
HappyWanderer wrote:

Dunks going to Aldinga
The great JI retired

You forgot 9.Wilson has had several sprint sessions already to try and stop the steady stream of runouts.

......10. Natale family vows to play happy, honest cricket with the sheep station being put up 4 sale.
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Postby Hot Pies » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:38 pm

it would be good to see what rumors are true and which are people blowing hot air! i dont believe bodie wilson will don the red and black this year, i dont believe the great man himself J.I will retire and i dont believe the natales playing fair honest cricket and selling their sheep station....and i definatly think kings his having us on of coarse hes going to play again just not A grade and probably not B grade either, he will fit well in the C's this year his cricketing ability suits C grade cricket.
Hot Pies

Postby mighty bloods » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:51 am

BLOODS wrote:it would be good to see what rumors are true and which are people blowing hot air! i dont believe bodie wilson will don the red and black this year, i dont believe the great man himself J.I will retire and i dont believe the natales playing fair honest cricket and selling their sheep station....and i definatly think kings his having us on of coarse hes going to play again just not A grade and probably not B grade either, he will fit well in the C's this year his cricketing ability suits C grade cricket.

aahhh, bloods my friend. the only quote i can agree with is in regard to the allegations directed at the Natale family. They will never sell the sheep station. LOL. have to wait & see if the mighty ROCKYB has retired or is just waiting for an increase in his contract offer. I've heard the gold coast are trying to snap him up.
Never hide your enthusiasm for winning out of fear of a disappointing defeat.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby Hot Pies » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 am

mighty bloods wrote:
BLOODS wrote:it would be good to see what rumors are true and which are people blowing hot air! i dont believe bodie wilson will don the red and black this year, i dont believe the great man himself J.I will retire and i dont believe the natales playing fair honest cricket and selling their sheep station....and i definatly think kings his having us on of coarse hes going to play again just not A grade and probably not B grade either, he will fit well in the C's this year his cricketing ability suits C grade cricket.

aahhh, bloods my friend. the only quote i can agree with is in regard to the allegations directed at the Natale family. They will never sell the sheep station. LOL. have to wait & see if the mighty ROCKYB has retired or is just waiting for an increase in his contract offer. I've heard the gold coast are trying to snap him up.

i heard a 7 figure contract was offered mighty bloods, i know its a big sum and a touch unfair but id pay 7 figures for him to join the ranks at PECC.....dont know where id get it from but id certainly try pull some strings ;)
Hot Pies

Postby the red baron » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I still cant believe you are retiring rocky b. you have played all these years for little or no team success, how would you feel if your beloved goolwa took out the A grade premiership this season without you.??? People like Jason Ifould can walk away from the game knowing they have achieved all the game has to offer , premierships, association coty x 3, numerous meyer shield appearances etc, but i am worried you will regret it if you walk away!! just my opinion.
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 pm

jeez nothing much has changed around here... kings is still copping the brunt of most peoples jokes. Massive outs for Goolwa this year then? No Kings & Spurls who else wont front up for them this year?
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby Hot Pies » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 pm

W.P.U.J.C.Vaas wrote:jeez nothing much has changed around here... kings is still copping the brunt of most peoples jokes. Massive outs for Goolwa this year then? No Kings & Spurls who else wont front up for them this year?

the question is....who do they have left ?? bails probably wont play again , if so andys going to be pushing hard bowling 35 overs every weeekend, i think this year should be interesting to see who goes where and if kings gets a fair well belting.
Hot Pies

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm

BLOODS wrote:
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas wrote:jeez nothing much has changed around here... kings is still copping the brunt of most peoples jokes. Massive outs for Goolwa this year then? No Kings & Spurls who else wont front up for them this year?

the question is....who do they have left ?? bails probably wont play again , if so andys going to be pushing hard bowling 35 overs every weeekend, i think this year should be interesting to see who goes where and if kings gets a fair well belting.

he did it for most of last season so he should be used to bolwing all day!
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby Hot Pies » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:35 pm

W.P.U.J.C.Vaas wrote:
BLOODS wrote:

he did it for most of last season so he should be used to bolwing all day![/quo

thats true ahha
Hot Pies

Postby HappyWanderer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Was talking to a major player for the Sharks last night and he informed me that they have just won the services of 2 top order batsmen from down town way. Made me wonder if there is some $$$ :weedman: been thrown around by the Minor Premiers in a bid to go one further this year. :shock:
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Will Myponga be unstoppable this year in A's, B's and C's...
MAYBE, but prob not
will go alright i hope
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 pm

i heard Aldinga picked up a top order batsman from kensington. Also a bowler from hills ca moved to the area used to work with bryce from all reports fairly sharp! glad i wont have to face him........except in nets ha ha
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby leftarmoffie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 am

When's everyone start pre-reason training?
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby interested observer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 am

normstwin wrote:When's everyone start pre-reason training?

Don't start changing your routine now twin !!!! ;)
A little birdy tells me you have well and truly put one though cover ????
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby leftarmoffie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:22 pm

interested observer wrote:
normstwin wrote:When's everyone start pre-reason training?

Don't start changing your routine now twin !!!! ;)
A little birdy tells me you have well and truly put one though cover ????

I was always there for pre-season no matter how hung over i was :D
That little birdy would be telling the truth
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps