ATCA 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Postby bulldogs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:05 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Good day for farmers. Bowled AHOS out for 116. Farmers 1 4 120 at stumps.

When was the last win on day one?
Can't remember one myself.

heard the facilities have not got better but probably worse at AHOS. Bit cold also i believe
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby interested observer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:15 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Good day for farmers. Bowled AHOS out for 116. Farmers 1 4 120 at stumps.

Because every time we knocked a side over cheap the opener that could score quickly never wanted to bat because he was a bit sore !!! :lol:
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

interested observer wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Because every time we knocked a side over cheap the opener that could score quickly never wanted to bat because he was a bit sore !!! :lol:

Oh very funny.
You wouldn't have been one of the bowlers making him dive 6ft down leg side would you?
I'm getting itchy feet.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby interested observer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 am

beeroclock wrote:
interested observer wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Oh very funny.
You wouldn't have been one of the bowlers making him dive 6ft down leg side would you?
I'm getting itchy feet.

No..
Butch says hello !!
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby bulldogs » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I was always sore.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Been liked: 15 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 pm

bulldogs wrote:I was always sore.

Have sex instead of self examination.
Bahahahahahahaha.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 am

Scenes from a lower grade match on the weekend:

* I faced a deadset chucker.
* The chucker, at one stage, changed his run up and zig-zagged behind the umpire so I thought he was going to go around the wicket. So I pulled away. He stood to the side of the pitch and glared at me. Seriously, mate? You're lucky we even allowed you to bowl.
* Spin bowler decides he's going to change the field just as I'm about to settle over the bat. He makes three changes, skipper makes a change or two, just I thought it was all over, the keeper makes a few changes. All in all, it took about five minutes. The bowler then asks me, "are you ready?"
* Number nine batsman comes to the wicket and says to me, "just letting you know, the next bloke in has no idea with the bat". Having seen the number nine in the nets, I knew we were in trouble.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby helicopterking » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 am

Trader wrote:The walkerville square is in a real mess at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if they took the opportunity to give it a week's rest.

Yes you are correct. I can't see it holding up for the whole year. At least the fast outfield gives you value for shots. Going to be tough batting on it all year.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Scenes from a lower grade match on the weekend:

* The chucker, at one stage, changed his run up and zig-zagged behind the umpire so I thought he was going to go around the wicket. So I pulled away. He stood to the side of the pitch and glared at me. Seriously, mate? You're lucky we even allowed you to bowl.
* Spin bowler decides he's going to change the field just as I'm about to settle over the bat. He makes three changes, skipper makes a change or two, just I thought it was all over, the keeper makes a few changes. All in all, it took about five minutes. The bowler then asks me, "are you ready?"
* Number nine batsman comes to the wicket and says to me, "just letting you know, the next bloke in has no idea with the bat". Having seen the number nine in the nets, I knew we were in trouble.

I saw a chucker at lower level district cricket 3 weeks ago.
Medium pacer.
It was a disgrace.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 pm

beeroclock wrote:

Medium pacer.
It was a disgrace.

How do you fix the problem? Lower Grade Cricket do not have the access to resources that the First Class players do. Plenty of blokes over the years have suspect actions.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm

This bowler's action was so bad it was hilarious.
I couldn't believe their skipper bowled him.
Given we were umpiring ourselves, we showed good grace not to make anything of it (as we also didn't with the five minute break between the fall of a wicket and one of their batsmen making it to the crease).

I'm not meaning to be hyper critical, those were just two interesting moments in a match, where, if we'd been another side, we could've had a fair crack at the opposition.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bloods08 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:53 pm

I've seen 3 matches of Lower grade and we've played against a chucker all 3 times. We had no issues as only bowling slow. I guess we're not playing for sheep stations but it would be a worry if any of them are quick.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 pm

bloods08 wrote:I've seen 3 matches of Lower grade and we've played against a chucker all 3 times. We had no issues as only bowling slow. I guess we're not playing for sheep stations but it would be a worry if any of them are quick.

That's why we weren't too worried about it.
He wasn't quick. He did bowl a lot of their overs, so you wonder what the next bowler was like if they bowled a chucker ahead of him.
If I was a captain, I don't reckon I could bowl someone who so openly threw.
But...their captain kept taking himself on and off towards the end of the innings - looked like he was very keen to get the final wicket. ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Perhaps this could be discussed by club committees to take to an association meeting to formulate a policy before this gets out of hand. Obviously if teams confront the issues at the game things could turn sour very quickly.

In games with supplied umpires nothing usually happens as they don't know how to deal with it or don't want to deal with it.

Heck I saw an umpire (appointed) clearly miss a front foot no-ball on the weekend. I have also seen an umpire totally cock up the rule in a limited overs match where front foot no balls attracted free hits. Called 16 of them until he was politely told by his colleague that he was wrong after a bowler asked to be shown where his foot landed.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 pm

It's the first time I've come across it.
I don't think clubs should do anything on the ground about it.
After the game, the skippers should have a chat, maybe, and then refer it to the association.
Clubs shouldn't put blokes in this position, though. It's not fair on anyone involved.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:15 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:After the game, the skippers should have a chat, maybe, and then refer it to the association.

This is exactly what should happen IMO.

After the game just pull their skipper aside and suggest that they work on the blokes action at training or select him as a batsman only.
Flick the turf an FYI in case it becomes an issue with another club later in the year.

We had a similar issue in Rd 1 last year with the new rule about cricket balls needing to be ATCA stamped. The opposition didn't have one and we let them use it, also let them know that other clubs might pull them up on it and they should be aware of the new bylaw.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm

heater31 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Medium pacer.
It was a disgrace.

How do you fix the problem? Lower Grade Cricket do not have the access to resources that the First Class players do. Plenty of blokes over the years have suspect actions.

I don't think you can which is horrid.
It's sort of becoming immune.
I opened the the bat and I remember a few years ago facing a first change bowler after seeing off a dozen of each from the openers.
Anyway this bloke comes in and let's the first one go and I thought out loud as I usually would what the FWT.
Now I've seen a lot of cricket and it totally stunned me.
Toss bag bowled me a full toss next ball that I politely smashed straight back at his head only for him to take evasive action and protect his face.
Guess what, the wank caught the ball directly in front of his face.
Ffs.
Bowler went on to play A1 cricket and continued on his merry way.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby EldersUniSA » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 pm

One issue we saw was the amount of wides given in our bottom grade. 40 in the first dig meaning we had to be equally as strict with our interpretation... extra 14 overs later and we are finishing at 7pm.
Also had a guy wearing one of our club logo embroidered white shirts in the opposition, not sure if this is allowed or just frowned upon. As we were short one I technically think his score should be added to ours :D ...
Elders Cricket Club Est 1931 UniSA/SAIT Cricket Club Est 1974
Elders UniSA Cricket Club 1999
Mawson Lakes Cricket Club 2010
EldersUniSA
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:57 am

Whats with the tied game in A2 with Walkville. Anyone know what went on?..Seemed to me one team scored almost a 100 less than the other on 1st innings.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Groover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:22 am

tigerpie wrote:Whats with the tied game in A2 with Walkville. Anyone know what went on?..Seemed to me one team scored almost a 100 less than the other on 1st innings.

Rain affected? D/L result...
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 387 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps