Para Districts Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will win the Grade 1 Grand Final?

Rose & Crown
57%
Brahma Lodge
43%

Total votes : 54

Re: Para Districts Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby duck-mann » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 pm

sports follower wrote:
duck-mann wrote:
cricket4life wrote:any clubs started any training yet??

One Tree Hill had their first indoor session last Thursday and will be training @ 7pm every Thursday at St Jays recreation center until the end of August (I think :-k )

Also hear on the rumour mill OTH trying to get 4 senior side for the upcoming season.

Any truth Duckmann??

they are definitely hoping for the numbers... from what I hear half of the grade 8 side from last season want to stay in the one day comp (the older blokes) and the other half want to play in a higher grade (massive drop from the B's - grade 2 - to the C's in grade 7)

I know Im hoping they get a 4th side... dont wanna find myself playing grade 7 this season :oops:
duck-mann
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby catchit » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

a friday night out with mates and a bit of a chat on the phone and PDCA has just become a bit stronger, looking like being a good comp this year with a few clubs recruiting well.. still find it very hard to see sals west losing but there will be a few more teams than lastyear trying to knock them off..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby unknown source » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Papas wrote:Couldn't see that bad more of a bonus getting pre prepared for season beginings, would be just like playing indoor in the off season.

they dont play footy then
unknown source
League - Top 5

Been liked: 1 time

Postby unknown source » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm

catchit wrote:a friday night out with mates and a bit of a chat on the phone and PDCA has just become a bit stronger, looking like being a good comp this year with a few clubs recruiting well.. still find it very hard to see sals west losing but there will be a few more teams than lastyear trying to knock them off..

they lost this year
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby Masha » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Plumb wrote:Is Marshall still playing at BL this upcoming season??

indeed he is
he will be working on leaving the ball outside off stump during pre season :lol:
Love your work Masha

Thanks EM, thought the incident was removed from my mind. Out comes the clearance paperwork.

Plumb, any chance of you joining the Lodge? I'll put your quality slow bowling down to the fact you look uncannily like Daniel Vetorri. We need a good pie thrower, the current one who took 2 wickets last year in 2 overs has retired his bowling arm.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby catchit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 am

unknown source wrote:
catchit wrote:a friday night out with mates and a bit of a chat on the phone and PDCA has just become a bit stronger, looking like being a good comp this year with a few clubs recruiting well.. still find it very hard to see sals west losing but there will be a few more teams than lastyear trying to knock them off..

they lost this year

oh sorry i only count games that count :roll:
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 am

catchit wrote:
unknown source wrote:

they lost this year

oh sorry i only count games that count :roll:

When you put it that way they didn't win the only game that counts as I believe it was a draw ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby catchit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:30 am

you are right but they do have there name on the trophy a few times... and with oz and a few of his mates back in they will only be stronger
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am

catchit wrote:you are right but they do have there name on the trophy a few times... and with oz and a few of his mates back in they will only be stronger

agree
if they dont win will be a huge choke
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:51 am

Executive Member wrote:
catchit wrote:you are right but they do have there name on the trophy a few times... and with oz and a few of his mates back in they will only be stronger

agree

Rose and crown will have just as many stars as sals west if not more , good players too!
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 am

Executive Member wrote:

agree

I think Salisbury West have answered their critics in regards to choking...
The shoe could possibly be on Rose and Crowns foot now...
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby OKC! » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 am

norm11 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

agree

Rose and crown will have just as many stars as sals west if not more , good players too!

Heard a rumour that Rosies have just picked up one J.McCarthy back from Ingle Farm. That has to make them a lil stronger.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby bulldogs » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 pm

hope the truth was spoken about and stories not twisted
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby unknown source » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:01 pm

of course they will turf too hard so they come to play with the boys, more ego's to put up with
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby shadowboxa » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

unknown source wrote:

of course they will turf too hard so they come to play with the boys, more ego's to put up with

more egos to put up with... yeah... but anyone that makes the PDCA stronger is welcome in my books!
shadowboxa
Mini-League

Postby Wizard of Oz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm

unknown source wrote:

Turf too hard ? Nice one bozo !

I think you'd better gather some facts on age, family situations and credentials before making outrageous, uninformed statements.

Good to see opinions formed on people you've never met. Classy stuff.
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby custardarm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
unknown source wrote:

Turf too hard ? Nice one bozo !

I think you'd better gather some facts on age, family situations and credentials before making outrageous, uninformed statements.

Good to see opinions formed on people you've never met. Classy stuff.

he was clearly commenting on the fact that water restrictions have seen the average turf pitch indeed become much harder
custardarm
Reserves

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 pm

bulldogs wrote:

of course it was all truth. Straight up !
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby catchit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 pm

norm11 wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

yep straight up ;)
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Bag & Sledge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm

catchit wrote:
norm11 wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

yep straight up ;)

Pretty sure i read somewhere that you called your new team... The 'MIGHTY' Rosies... funny how they become 'MIGHTY' already? real true love of the club so soon...
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps