Murray Towns Cricket Association 2012-13 season

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Murray Towns Cricket Association 2012-13 season

Postby RyderCourtney » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Imps beat us in a close game and I believe Jervois upset Monarto
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Jervois did beat Monarto with both sides missing a number of players - I believe Monarto could've been missing as many as 5 or 6 - Noye, Matthews, Leech, Anderson, S Pfeiffer. I know Jervois were missing a couple of senior players but any side would find it hard to cover those 5.

Was good for us to get our first win, while Meningie still search for theirs - in a replay of last years GF!! Shows how fickle cricket can be. Both sides seemed in control of their innings at drinks, only to collapse after. Meningie were 3/96 (and then 3/131!), we were 1/92...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby RyderCourtney » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Good to finally get the monkey off the back and get a win for the year :D And to think it only took a Williss 100 to do it, haha. Some classic catches taken too which went a big way to the end result.

I see the Meyer Shield squad is on the MTCA website. Fair size squad by the looks of it. Any unlucky players to not make it???
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm

RyderCourtney wrote:Good to finally get the monkey off the back and get a win for the year :D And to think it only took a Williss 100 to do it, haha. Some classic catches taken too which went a big way to the end result.

I see the Meyer Shield squad is on the MTCA website. Fair size squad by the looks of it. Any unlucky players to not make it???

Maybe biased but A Bartel should be in the squad at least... if he's not a better spinner/batsman and in better form than M Croser I'll go hee.. I know like every other year they'll take the safe option and pick Gene Robinson as the spinner but safe hasn't won us a Meyer shield in the past and we won't win one until we start picking on form and not names!!!
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:
RyderCourtney wrote:Good to finally get the monkey off the back and get a win for the year :D And to think it only took a Williss 100 to do it, haha. Some classic catches taken too which went a big way to the end result.

Maybe biased but A Bartel should be in the squad at least... if he's not a better spinner/batsman and in better form than M Croser I'll go hee.. I know like every other year they'll take the safe option and pick Gene Robinson as the spinner but safe hasn't won us a Meyer shield in the past and we won't win one until we start picking on form and not names!!!

Yeah they seem to go the Allrounder path in the past, but thats understandable with the ammount of decent Allrounder's in the comp. Will be interesting to see who they select with Hocko incharge. Be good to see some fresh faces given a crack at it. Obviously A Fidge has got the gloves as I cant see another keeper in the squad.
Last edited by RyderCourtney on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh and Merry Xmas to all :D
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby RyderCourtney » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

I see the updated Meyer Shield Squad is on the MTCA site

15 into say 12. Who misses out???

MANNUM – Dwayne Krollig, Josh Hancock

MYPO – Aaron Zrim, Gene Robinson

KAROONDA – Luke Hocking, Zak Bullard, Reece Bullard

JERVOIS – Craig Fidge, Andrew Fidge

MONARTO - Ty Pfeiffer, Harry Webb

TAILEM BEND – Paul Baxter

WANDERERS – Simon Williams

MENINGIE – Stuart Williss, Brad Biddle
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby been there done that » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 pm

I see on the A&EH my cricket Luke Harrofield made their association team. A&EH play Murraytowns first up at Kangarilla on Saturday. Be worth the drive to have a look
been there done that
Rookie

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 pm

RyderCourtney wrote:I see the updated Meyer Shield Squad is on the MTCA site

15 into say 12. Who misses out???

MANNUM – Dwayne Krollig, Josh Hancock

MYPO – Aaron Zrim, Gene Robinson

KAROONDA – Luke Hocking, Zak Bullard, Reece Bullard

JERVOIS – Craig Fidge, Andrew Fidge

MONARTO - Ty Pfeiffer, Harry Webb

TAILEM BEND – Paul Baxter

WANDERERS – Simon Williams

MENINGIE – Stuart Williss, Brad Biddle

Not sure if they will pick from outside the squad, but I know Zrim isn't available, and Robinson didn't play for Mypo (even though he was there for half the day!!) either on Saturday so I would assume he wouldn't be available either.

Will be interesting to see who else makes themselves unavailable.
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 pm

been there done that wrote:I see on the A&EH my cricket Luke Harrofield made their association team. A&EH play Murraytowns first up at Kangarilla on Saturday. Be worth the drive to have a look

Not sure about being worth the drive. :lol:
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby Flukey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Can someone please explain the following for me.
Mypolonga B Grade changed their last Saturday's game (19th/1) to be played a week earlier 12/1.
I have two queries with this happening
1. How is a player allowed to play in that B Grade on the 12th and then he plays in Mypo's A Grade game on the 19th, Surely this cannot be allowed, because both games were scheduled to be played on the same day. Just because they played it a week earlier it does not allow someone to play in both games - Brad Martin was the player.

2. What happens also if on the 19th cricket is cancelled due to rain or the heat policy does the game played a week earlier, then get cancelled also
otherwise this makes it unfair to the other teams.
Flukey

Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Mr_Willy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:08 am

In the local rag I see Wanderers have finally been deducted the 10 points for not attending the AGM, and they are now complaining about the timing of taking away the points.

Everyone should know when the AGM is as its posted on the website and they get sent a letter - no excuse in my opinion, and surely it doesn't matter when the points are taken away as long as its done before finals. Hopefully the association won't go soft again and back down like they did with Mannum when they argued that they weren't made aware of the AGM (even though Mannum at that stage were notorious for not rocking up). If every other club knows when its on and can get representatives there then no one has any excuse.
Last edited by Mr_Willy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby Once apon a time » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am

Get your facts right Mr Willy!
The president did attend the agm.
But due to the fact no one stood for president there was Special General meeting held which Wanderers didn't attend.
From what I know, the AGM in 08-09 a rule was voted on stating non attendance at a AGM means a penalty. This wasn't a AGM and it should've been a constitution change organized any way.
No where in the constitution or the by-laws on the MTCA website does it say you must attend or non attendance means a penalty.
Very poor judgement by MTCA committee, didn't read the constitution!
So your hate campaign against Wanderers Mr Willy will have to wait another day!
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Mr_Willy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Nothing to do with Wanderers - I said exactly the same thing when it happened to Mannum, and I think its a waste of time considering they got away with it. And they're not my facts, I'm just writing what the Standard reported.

Would have to agree though, it needs to make its way into the constitution - I would've assumed that considering it was voted on at an AGM that it would make its way into the constituion or the by-laws but it would seem hasn't happened, unless the version on the MTCA website just hasn't been updated.
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby BluesBrother08 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 am

Once apon a time wrote:Get your facts right Mr Willy!
The president did attend the agm.
But due to the fact no one stood for president there was Special General meeting held which Wanderers didn't attend.
From what I know, the AGM in 08-09 a rule was voted on stating non attendance at a AGM means a penalty. This wasn't a AGM and it should've been a constitution change organized any way.
No where in the constitution or the by-laws on the MTCA website does it say you must attend or non attendance means a penalty.
Very poor judgement by MTCA committee, didn't read the constitution!
So your hate campaign against Wanderers Mr Willy will have to wait another day!

Maybe you should get your facts right mate. The MTCA always has 2 AGM's one to decide the positions etc then another decides the playing rules, draw etc. The second one is normally the more important one. It has happened every single year and every other club knows that and showed up. Also it was voted in at an AGM and Wanderers voted for it so now that it doesn't suit them they are against it. It was even brought up at the first meeting the date of the second meeting and that if there was non attendance there would be a penalty!
BluesBrother08
League Bench Warmer

Postby Once apon a time » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Well it seems I have my facts more organised than you bluesbrother08.
Why don't you have a read of the constitution and tell me where it says there are 2x agms?
The pre 2010 has it, the one Harold wrote. But the new one on the website don't.
While your looking have a look in the by laws and see if its in there. Also see if you can find the rule about giving penalties because that's not there either. So if these by laws were adopted in 2011 all other laws before if they ain't in the rules are no longer valid.
Then ask your club secretary if he received a letter, fax or email at least 21 days before either of the two meetings held this year? NO he didn't receive one, then ring the standard and ask for a copy of the public display notice for both meetings? NO there isn't one.
Ask the secretary of the MTCA and what type of meeting was the second one (the one in question) and he will say it was a special general meeting! Because that's what they called it.
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Postby Once apon a time » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:16 pm

By the way with the old constitution, the second agm was to adopt the program sent out at least 30 days before the agm!
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Postby BluesBrother08 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm

You can bring up all the technicalities that you want but if your club doesn't have the respect to turn up to such an important meeting where the president of the MTCA will be decided and every club manages to get a representative there even coming from Karoonda and Meningie then you should be docked points. At the first AGM it was told when the next meeting was going to be and isn't it funny how every club knew what the date was!!

It just shows a distinct lack of respect for the MTCA and every other club in it!!
BluesBrother08
League Bench Warmer

Postby Once apon a time » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 pm

They are the rules the MTCA are to follow and if they aren't willing to follow them why have them.
The president of wanderers said he got his dates mixed up and due not have any correspondence to look at mistakes can be made.
Wanderers didn't even get a letter to say points were taken away! They read it the paper, talk about respect mate!
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Postby BluesBrother08 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

That is a disgrace that you got no correspondence!!

Everyone in the MTCA knows that is sometimes resembles amateur hour but I guess until someone is willing to step up and take over we shouldn't criticise.

I know mistakes can happen with dates etc but everyone has been directed to the MTCA web site and that always has the dates of meetings on there.

It doesn't really affect me or my club but I think the whole thing has been handled badly from both sides!
BluesBrother08
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps