Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2011-12

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2011-12

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I think you are all missing the point, rather than saying one comp is better than the other how about coming with solutions for each comp to get better. Hills is a good comp but needs to work out a direction to improve it's comp or get a couple of sides back up into the top grade or from another comp for example coromadel or kangy, A&EH is a good comp but needs to weed out the sides that can not keep up with the better sides maybe dropping a couple of sides down a grade or introducing a promotion & relegation system each year. Lets say the bottom two side at the end of the year go down and the top two sides from the grade below go up therefore making the side going down or up trying to get more depth in the playing groups to challenge the better sides. I hope that made sense lads sorry if it has not :shock:
Yoda

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Deep Long Off » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

So whats going on in the AEHCA? - all grades definitely moving to a one day competition, judging by all the talk around the traps... Any thoughts?
Deep Long Off
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby old fullback » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Deep Long Off wrote:So whats going on in the AEHCA? - all grades definitely moving to a one day competition, judging by all the talk around the traps... Any thoughts?

How does playing one-dayers develop our young kids, just a slap and tickle fest,would have thought A-Grade should be all 2day games and other grades one-dayers, time for the lower teams to catch up not make the game all one-dayers so there is less outrights.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby hereselmo1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

I wonder whether any A graders will head to the HCA wanting to test themselves properly over 2 day cricket?
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 am

old fullback wrote:
Deep Long Off wrote:So whats going on in the AEHCA? - all grades definitely moving to a one day competition, judging by all the talk around the traps... Any thoughts?

How does playing one-dayers develop our young kids, just a slap and tickle fest,would have thought A-Grade should be all 2day games and other grades one-dayers, time for the lower teams to catch up not make the game all one-dayers so there is less outrights.

Have heard that theres been a real concerted push by a few clubs over the last month or two to scrap 2 dayers and have ALL grades play 1 day matches.
Nairne despite winning the last 4 'A' Grade premierships under the 2 day format seems to be the main instigator of this campaign.
'C' Grade was made an all 1 day comp quite a few years ago and more recently 'B' grade as well which has been reasonably well accepted by most if not all clubs i think?
Personally can't see the 'A' Grade going to an All 1 day comp.
I think the A&EHCA would be a lot less respected if it did.
A balanced mixture of 1 day and 2 day matches in the program is the ideal way to go imo and also formulating a FAIR and EQUITABLE draw is paramount as well.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 453 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

I wonder what Lobey and Woodside's view of this is and if they would still want to be involved in that comp?
45-over one-dayers, which I think they are proposing, is a lot of cricket in a day. Wonder what thought has been given to playing times, not a lot of room to move if there is rain delays, or starting earlier may encroach on junior cricket?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Read through Nairnes preposal this morning. Well presented with obvioualy a lot of thought put into it and does make some very good points for the scrapping of 2 dayers to a 1 day comp. There are however many points that are quoted to stregthen their case that could certainly be argued as being detrimental to the development of the game depending on which side of the fence you stand on this issue.
The admission of Woodside and Lobethal last season was a tremendous gain for the A&EHCA but the extra "A' grade teams increasing the no. to 11 made for a programming disaster.
I believe Woodside are preposing that the 'A' grade comp be reduced to 10 this season and then further reduced to 8 the following year which would encompass a 21 week minor round (for A grade only) made up of a full round of 2 dayers and 1 dayers. This would then require some sort of promotion/relegation system to be introduced. I personally think that this is the way to go. Every club has their own agenda as to where they'd like to see the Association go in the way of programming and some clubs will always be disgruntled but what is good out of all this is that it shows that there are players/clubs out there that are passionate about the future of cricket which hasn't always been visibly present over the last 5, 10 , 20 years.
Will sure to be an interesting A&EHCA AGM tomorrow night.
Betting
Retention of 2 dayers - $1.17
All 1 day comp - $5.50
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:37 am

FlyingHigh wrote:I wonder what Lobey and Woodside's view of this is and if they would still want to be involved in that comp?
45-over one-dayers, which I think they are proposing, is a lot of cricket in a day. Wonder what thought has been given to playing times, not a lot of room to move if there is rain delays, or starting earlier may encroach on junior cricket?

A couple of years ago a few clubs wanted the TVCA A2 comp to revert to all one dayers. From memory Lobey/Woodside weren’t in agreement (nor was my club). And from what I’ve heard Lobey won’t be supporting this new proposal.

Not that I care greatly what happens in AEH, but like most I think 8 teams is the ideal number for an A Grade comp. That will allow every team to play each other in at least one two-dayer, plus another 4 to 7 one-dayers depending on the length of the season.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 433 times

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Nairnes' preposal of making the 'A' grade an all one day comp was defeated at last nights AGM by 13 votes to 10.
Lots of different views put forward on what the format should be. Whats worse for the clubs that voted for 1 dayers in 'A' grade, they MAY be faced with ALL 2 dayers if there is a 10 team 'A' grade and NO 1 dayers so the draw is fair unlike last year.
Interesting times ahead. ;)
jackpot jim
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps