Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Postby saintal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks Big Ship. :)

My tips for what it’s worth:

A Grade- Good luck Cougar, I just have this feeling it could be your year (although we all thought that this time last season). Kersbrook to actually win a toss, have a hit and get up by 30 or so. Frohls to take 5 for.

A2 Grade- On paper we (Lenswood) have greater depth, and we’ve certainly had the wood on the Mounts in recent years, but will be good contest. Wont be over on day one!

B Grade- Gum has the fact that they haven’t dropped a game all season hanging over their head. Have been the best team in the Bs for the past two years, and deserve a flag. Depends a lot on how the young guys handle things, but I reckon they’ll get up.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 447 times

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm

jackpot jim wrote:A & EHCA Semi Finals

Nairne V Langhorne Creek

Strathalbyn V Hahndorf

Tips - Nairne and Strath to play off in the GF

Echunga unlucky not to make the finals after beating Strath in their last game to miss the finals by about 1/2 a point. :(

Have had a Change of mind and am now tipping the Creeks to cause a HUGE upset by knocking off the undefeated minor premier in Nairne despite the Creeks having to field an undermanned and injury riddled line up.
The Creeks BIG South African import, Smithy could be the difference with his Paul Harris style Hand Grenades. :D
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 461 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:55 pm

A & EHCA Semi Final

Nairne were 1/158 at one stage and were bowled out for 221 :shock:
T.Heinrich 108
K.Heinrich 41
Golding, Johnson, Aworth 3 wkts each for the Creeks.
L.Creek 0/6 in reply of 5 overs.

What a great comeback by the Creeks after looking down and out and maybe the upset of the season is on the cards although the Creeks Batting hasn't been their strong point this season.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 461 times

Postby bazzw » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Controversial scenes today after a fist fight in the D Grade Semi Final between Mt Lofty and Uraidla! Apparently a Uraidla batsman was dismissed and then apparently hit the Mt Lofty bowler in the head with the bat after receiving a send off and it went from there! I've never heard of this before!
bazzw
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cougar » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Fist Fights :shock: Nothing like that at Woodside

TVCA 'A' Grade Grand Final

Kersbrook 9/202 (P.James 23, K.McClelland 50, B.James 57*, B.Pearce 24, A.Georgiou 4/30) vs Lobethal
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Uraidla bloke was Vince? I believe, and all the bowler said was "you should have been out 8 overs ago" and he fired up and hit the bowler with his bat in the neck, caused an all in with Cabbage blokes coming onto the field, few haymakers thrown apparently....

In the game Lofty won by 8 wickets

In the C grade Mylor turned up and started drinking before a ball was bowled! seeing they were the minor premiers and against a Lofty team who just scrapped into the finals I guess they thought the result was a formality....wrong

Mylor bowled out for 59, Lofty cruises to victory 2 wickets down 8)

word was that Aldgate won the other Semi so Lofty v Aldgate in the C grade granny and presume Onkas would have won in the D's for a Lofty v Onkas D grade granny

Go the Caps! :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Postby wycbloods » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:40 pm

bazzw wrote:Controversial scenes today after a fist fight in the D Grade Semi Final between Mt Lofty and Uraidla! Apparently a Uraidla batsman was dismissed and then apparently hit the Mt Lofty bowler in the head with the bat after receiving a send off and it went from there! I've never heard of this before!

That doesn't sound good. Hope he cops a decent penalty, there is no place for that in cricket.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby saintal » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

TVCA A2 Grade Grand Final

Lenswood Rangers 8/200 (A. Barnes 68*, A. Plummer 42, M. Joyce 34, T. Young 2/21, B. Wickham 2/30) v Mt Torrens/Charleston

Tough going on the expansive and slow Lobethal oval. 50+ coming from final 8 overs and a big 8th wicket partnership helped our cause.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby doug deep » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:51 pm

meadows getting over uri's at the kennel today. reid brothers combined for a handy partnership again. made the runs 3 wickets down.
any1 know how the other game went. heard bridgy wer 9/90 chasing 108??
doug deep

Postby bazzw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:27 pm

yeah Doug, Onkas got up
bazzw
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 pm

any b grade results?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby saintal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 am

TVCA Grand Finals

A Grade: Lobethal chase down Kersbrook's 202 with a couple of overs and 5 wickets in hand. Hackett got 70 odd. Cougar's cavaliers would be gutted, while it's 6 straight for the men from tiger land.

A2 Grade: Lenswood Ranges 8/200 def Mt Torrens/Charleston 135 (K. Pepicelli 45, Green and Smith 3 wickets each, Vickers and Barnes 2)

B Grade: Gumeracha chase down Mt Torrens' 150 odd with ONE wicket in hand. The last pair needed about 5 to win.

Same old story in the As.
First flag (if you exclude the 2006 Gum/Lens A2 flag) since 1999 for the mighty Ranges :D :D :D :partyman: :drinkers:
Bleak day for Mt Torrens losing both finals.
Gumeracha do it the hard way.

How i manged to type all that in my current state is beyond me....
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby c u at the crease » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:57 am

Dutchy,

Your Mylor C grade facts are a little bit a of a stretch of the truth. Then again i wouldn't expect anything else from you.

While there may have been 1 person having a beer before the game the rest of the team was very well behaved.

Lofty to good on the day and the Pipers kept heads high until the last run was scored.

I understand that the Mylor blokes are proud on this years effort (Apparently the first Mylor C grade to make the finals in over 30 years).

Lofty dream of the comradery that is the Mylor way.

BTW tell your C Grade good luck next week. They are gonna be smashed.

B Grade will be a Mylor v Aldgate affair again.
c u at the crease
Mini-League

Postby Banker » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am

Were you sitting in your car dutchy? didnt see you at the game until 4...

Anyway, why change your pre-match routine just because its a final? Smashed every other team during the season doing the same thing ;)

B Grade-
Mylor 175(ish) D. SCIBs 155(ish)
didnt see day 1, but day 2 SCIBs were 4/35 and looking in big trouble, but then the rain came and destroyed the ball. Pastro and Naughton nearly guided SCIBs to victory with a great 100run partnership, A1 & A2 really struggled with slipping and were forced to bowl off 4 steps...
at 4/135 mylor finally got some luck, pastro middled one onto his pads, fired LBW... That started a batting collapse for scibs, the next 6 wickets fell for 19runs!

Any word on the Aldgate-Meadows C grade game? Rumour has it Aldgate played not 1, but 3 players without permits!! Surely that cant be right??
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 am

c u at the crease wrote:Dutchy,

Your Mylor C grade facts are a little bit a of a stretch of the truth. Then again i wouldn't expect anything else from you.

While there may have been 1 person having a beer before the game the rest of the team was very well behaved.

Lofty to good on the day and the Pipers kept heads high until the last run was scored.

I understand that the Mylor blokes are proud on this years effort (Apparently the first Mylor C grade to make the finals in over 30 years).

I was only going on what I was told, and you have confirmed beers were out before the game, not that it matters...

You didnt seem to happy at the end of the game?

BTW well done to Ledge Cooper playing against his old team who didnt give him a bowl, to pick up 3/16 in a Semi was a sensational effort...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:32 am

Banker wrote:Were you sitting in your car dutchy? didnt see you at the game until 4...

Anyway, why change your pre-match routine just because its a final? Smashed every other team during the season doing the same thing ;)

Any word on the Aldgate-Meadows C grade game? Rumour has it Aldgate played not 1, but 3 players without permits!! Surely that cant be right??

Was at the D grade Banker, heard the score and had to get there quick before it was all over!

Yes 3 players I believe, pretty easy to work out looking at mycricket...Nottage, Grif and one other only played 4-5 games of C grade yet they suited up for the final, I presume Meadows would put in an protest?

Would think Mylor should beat Aldgate in the B's although there is plenty of finals experience in the Gators line up, Mylor have more depth from what I have seen
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby c u at the crease » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
c u at the crease wrote:Dutchy,

I was only going on what I was told, and you have confirmed beers were out before the game, not that it matters...

You didnt seem to happy at the end of the game?

BTW well done to Ledge Cooper playing against his old team who didnt give him a bowl, to pick up 3/16 in a Semi was a sensational effort...

Well here are his Mylor figures since the start of results vault

27 Matches, 185.5 Overs, 18M, 34 Wickets, BB 4/11, Average 21 Strike rate of 32.

Looks like he got a bowl to me. (Ask Ledge why he really isn't playing for Mylor anymore)

I was happy. Proud of the Boys first season together. Proud of making the finals and proud of the spirt that we showed.

Proud to have the winner of the C Grade assoc batting trophy Brock Gifford and to have K Sidhu finish 3rd overall in the batting for assoc

Proud to have 3 bowlers in the top ten for the c grade assoc trophy (J.Warburton 3rd, N.Cook 8th and L.Eblen 9th)

Proud to have a team because at the start of the season we looked at pulling the team 3 weeks in.

Wasn't happy with my own individual performance mind you.

Again good luck next week
c u at the crease
Mini-League

Postby hereselmo1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Similar situation to the Lofty B grade really, though Lofty didn't do quite so well. But in the first year of playing B grade they were more than competitive in pretty much all games including Eastern Ranges and Mylor and had some good showings from a number of young guys. Enough to show that they will have a good year next year.

On the earlier comments about Lofty not having the comraderie of Mylor, that may have been the case a number of years ago but Lofty is now a very vibrant, fun, sociable club. In fact I have never been involved in a club that has had as much team spirit and as many good blokes without the usual politics and crap that can be often associated with cricket clubs. Pretty fair effort, especially considering the A's and B's havent had a great deal of wins this year.
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tooting Bec » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 pm

I think you'll find lads they qualified through heat outs forfeits etc. all legitimate reasons.

Aldgate B grade smashed eastern ranges at Balhannah. Looking forward to another Aldgate Mylor GF. They've pulled one win a piece in the last 2 gf's be interesting to see how this one turns out. Big inclusion of Bilsborow this weekend who was out with a calf strain last week.

Go the Gate!
Tooting Bec
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Tooting Bec wrote:I think you'll find lads they qualified through heat outs forfeits etc. all legitimate reasons.

We tried to get permits for some who would have played on the heat out days and got refused...
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps