PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Judging by the face not one representative rocked up to the committee meeting suggests there isn't anyone in charge
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
whufc wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Why would an association ever knock clubs back? Surely the more the merrier and the stronger the association.

Southern Cricket Association knocked a couple of clubs back from memory. Then several years later a couple of their clubs headed south or north and they folded.

The club itself doesn't even want cricket there so why should the para districts clubs want them there

That can change in a flash. Only need to get 1-2 decent people in charge.

Fast forward a few years if more clubs drift to ATCA or even ASCA expands and the association may regret their stance here.

Been reading some of the uninformed comments on here. There was talk at the AGM that Eastern park wanted 2 teams but when they had to put potential players forward there wasn't even enough for 1 team and some of them needed clearances. So the clubs voted against them. Is that knocking back a club as their numbers couldn't even field one team. If they are reapplying maybe the previous no vote will wake them up and they will do it whole heartily this time and they may be successful if the other clubs see that they are serious.
If the club doesn't even want cricket there why did they apply the first time no matter how feeble it was and if the club reapplies it shows that they want cricket there.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 pm

There is a couple of people there who want cricket but the majority couldn't give a shit as to why they couldn't get a rep at the agm and why they couldn't one full team of cricketers named
whufc
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:Been reading some of the uninformed comments on here. There was talk at the AGM that Eastern park wanted 2 teams but when they had to put potential players forward there wasn't even enough for 1 team and some of them needed clearances. So the clubs voted against them. Is that knocking back a club as their numbers couldn't even field one team. If they are reapplying maybe the previous no vote will wake them up and they will do it whole heartily this time and they may be successful if the other clubs see that they are serious.
If the club doesn't even want cricket there why did they apply the first time no matter how feeble it was and if the club reapplies it shows that they want cricket there.

It is a couple of months out from the season. I doubt many lower grade teams could accurately name their Round 1 line ups this far out, but especially a club look to start again from scratch.

And they need to come back with a bigger list of names and apply again? So spend the next couple of months trying to attract players to a club who may not even be approved to exist.

And will clubs who have players on this "need clearances" list be voting to include them?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Old Fellow » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:Been reading some of the uninformed comments on here. There was talk at the AGM that Eastern park wanted 2 teams but when they had to put potential players forward there wasn't even enough for 1 team and some of them needed clearances. So the clubs voted against them. Is that knocking back a club as their numbers couldn't even field one team. If they are reapplying maybe the previous no vote will wake them up and they will do it whole heartily this time and they may be successful if the other clubs see that they are serious.

It is a couple of months out from the season. I doubt many lower grade teams could accurately name their Round 1 line ups this far out, but especially a club look to start again from scratch.

And they need to come back with a bigger list of names and apply again? So spend the next couple of months trying to attract players to a club who may not even be approved to exist.

And will clubs who have players on this "need clearances" list be voting to include them?

Who mentioned anything about accurately naming their round 1 line up. It is a list of potential players. Its not rocket science. All existing clubs have to right to vote yes or no if they want a new club to join and see who they may have playing for them. If a new club is only going to rape and pillage players from existing clubs is that good for the association? All it does is to dilute the playing pool amongst more teams weakening the comp exactly what district cricket did many years ago and now suffering the lower standard of playing.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby cricketfanatic25 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm

so with the season opener coming up and most clubs started pre season,
has anyone picked up new players?
Luke Dunn, Zac Lowe, and Ryan Parker so far at Craigmore.
there b grade will probably be quite strong in grade 2
cricketfanatic25

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:29 pm

cricketfanatic25 wrote:so with the season opener coming up and most clubs started pre season,

That'll really hurt Smithfield losing those two.

Eyre Royals (Formerly R&C) i hear have been on the recruit - Russ Figallo, Brenton Jenner, Nathaniel Brooks, Mick and Matt Feltus, Leon Kent all apparently heading back.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby cricketfanatic25 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Zartan wrote:
cricketfanatic25 wrote:so with the season opener coming up and most clubs started pre season,

That'll really hurt Smithfield losing those two.

Eyre Royals (Formerly R&C) i hear have been on the recruit - Russ Figallo, Brenton Jenner, Nathaniel Brooks, Mick and Matt Feltus, Leon Kent all apparently heading back.[/quote

some big names coming back. good to see
cricketfanatic25

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 am

Atco with a few outs again this year. Not sure if they have picked up anyone at this stage either.
whufc
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Are Fitzroy in Para Districts now? If so does anyone know the grade?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Are Fitzroy in Para Districts now? If so does anyone know the grade?

No, they joined A&SCA - Section 4 and 8

North Eastern Knights joined PDCA - gradings aren't confirmed yet, but i think they may be Grade 2.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Email came out the other day about Eastern Park applying for re-entry again after being declined at the AGM. Will go to vote at the pre-season meeting, looking to enter two sides.

My frustration, this decision should NOT be in the hands of the club presidents! It should be decided by the exec alone!

Reason: talking to a club president, who coincidentally enough is highly unlikely to have his club matched in the same division, and his response was "I'm voting no, because I don't like playing at their ground". :shock:

He doesn't like playing at their ground!? Personal views on their ground potentially impacting them being able to field two sides!? What a joke.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Homer J » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Having thought about it a bit,
I'm not sure why EP seniors even have to be voted back in to PDCA?
although they didn't have seniors last year, they still had their junior teams playing in PDCA.

Do Rose and Crown, sorry Eire Royals have to get their new junior teams their planning to have this season voted in as well?

The only question should be what grade do they need to be in based on the players and is there room for them in that grade.

Grade 2 is looking very crowded atm.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Eastern Park have to be voted back in because they have been an administrative nightmare in the last 5 years
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 am

The Bedge wrote:Email came out the other day about Eastern Park applying for re-entry again after being declined at the AGM. Will go to vote at the pre-season meeting, looking to enter two sides.

My frustration, this decision should NOT be in the hands of the club presidents! It should be decided by the exec alone!

Reason: talking to a club president, who coincidentally enough is highly unlikely to have his club matched in the same division, and his response was "I'm voting no, because I don't like playing at their ground". :shock:

He doesn't like playing at their ground!? Personal views on their ground potentially impacting them being able to field two sides!? What a joke.

It's in the constitution for all delegates to vote on allowing clubs in.

I do agree that it's poor form for clubs to vote "no" for personal issues against a club.

Eastern Park have been a bit of a basket case for some time now, I hope that they get the right heads in the right places as I think the PDCA is a better comp with them in it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am

Lightning McQueen wrote: I think the PDCA is a better comp with them in it.

Correct, and that should be the one and only question being asked.

This is why the exec should take the initiative and make the call instead of the bias views of clubs..

Are we a better comp with EP in? Yes.

End of story.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 am

Homer J wrote:Having thought about it a bit,
I'm not sure why EP seniors even have to be voted back in to PDCA?
although they didn't have seniors last year, they still had their junior teams playing in PDCA.

Do Rose and Crown, sorry Eire Royals have to get their new junior teams their planning to have this season voted in as well?

The only question should be what grade do they need to be in based on the players and is there room for them in that grade.

Grade 2 is looking very crowded atm.

If Smithfield could swallow their pride I'd suggest that they move back to Grade 3, losing their two best players that carried the side is going to hurt big time.

I'm not so sure on how ERCC will go in the kid department, perhaps they'll pick some up from Craigmore and maybe ATCO?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: I think the PDCA is a better comp with them in it.

Correct, and that should be the one and only question being asked.

This is why the exec should take the initiative and make the call instead of the bias views of clubs..

Are we a better comp with EP in? Yes.

End of story.

Perhaps they should set them some criteria which have to be met on a regular basis.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:If Smithfield could swallow their pride I'd suggest that they move back to Grade 3, losing their two best players that carried the side is going to hurt big time.

I'm not so sure on how ERCC will go in the kid department, perhaps they'll pick some up from Craigmore and maybe ATCO?

I'd be inclined to swap Smithfield and Eyre Royals anyway.

Mansueto and Co. haven't tried to hide the fact they're planning on taking the piss in Grade 3 and win an easy flag.. half a Grade 1 premiership side returning and adding in Ford, Chaffey, Millard, Simpson and Quick who are already there.. who the hell is gonna beat them?

Round 1
1. Alex Ford
2. Justin Millard
3, Nathaniel Brooks
4. Brenton Jenner
5. Russell Figallo
6. Matt Feltus
7. Brandon Bailey
8. Dylan Chaffey
9. Michael Feltus
10. Will Quick
11. Brett Simpson
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:If Smithfield could swallow their pride I'd suggest that they move back to Grade 3, losing their two best players that carried the side is going to hurt big time.

I'd be inclined to swap Smithfield and Eyre Royals anyway.

Mansueto and Co. haven't tried to hide the fact they're planning on taking the piss in Grade 3 and win an easy flag.. half a Grade 1 premiership side returning and adding in Ford, Chaffey, Millard, Simpson and Quick who are already there.. who the hell is gonna beat them?

Round 1
1. Alex Ford
2. Justin Millard
3, Nathaniel Brooks
4. Brenton Jenner
5. Russell Figallo
6. Matt Feltus
7. Brandon Bailey
8. Dylan Chaffey
9. Michael Feltus
10. Will Quick
11. Brett Simpson

Are you sure that they are all definites?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps