Barossa & Light Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby Stewie Griffin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 am

Another quick bowler.........Me thinks the Duke is available.
Suddenly the man with the golden arm could be in demand Norm, head down to the IGA and get another roast.
If James Vandy ever manages to stay healthy and get the radar right, he could go bananas.
Gilbert Valley could have a formidable side this year, I heard Boof has been on the phone to Brett Burgess and
Benny has been waving his piggy bank at anyone that will notice. With those 2 'on the books' they could be very dangerous.
Stewie Griffin
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby norm11 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 am

Stewie Griffin wrote:Another quick bowler.........Me thinks the Duke is available.
Suddenly the man with the golden arm could be in demand Norm, head down to the IGA and get another roast.
If James Vandy ever manages to stay healthy and get the radar right, he could go bananas.
Gilbert Valley could have a formidable side this year, I heard Boof has been on the phone to Brett Burgess and
Benny has been waving his piggy bank at anyone that will notice. With those 2 'on the books' they could be very dangerous.

I agree they could be the big improvers next year. That's funny we have just signed Benny up go be our coach and Brett is tagging along
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby norm11 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 am

[quote="Jimmy Hurd"]Who are the candidates to take over as the Association president for season 2010-2011?
When is the BLCA AGM as this could be a interesting AGM to attend?[/quote

can anyone tell us when the agm is? Daysofourlives?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby The Angry Bull » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm

norm11 wrote:
Stewie Griffin wrote:Another quick bowler.........Me thinks the Duke is available.

I agree they could be the big improvers next year. That's funny we have just signed Benny up go be our coach and Brett is tagging along

The bulls will be firing in 10/11... I highly doubt that the burgess lads would play up here, very handy players but too far out of the way... i may have been a bit quick on that comment as it seems a few district clubs (unluckily not the gully) are willing to open up thier wallets to James, someone would have thought the farm was going bankrupt the way he's holding out for cash.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Stewie Griffin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 am

Him and Benny Burgess both, waving piggy banks around with dollar signs in their eyes.
And the Duke........ Money is his drug and he is addicted.
Someone could sign all 3 for the right price, and Norm could be easily swayed too I reckon.
Though he hasn't quite been the same since Angastons answer to Bryce McGain in Matthew Doecke
COMPREHENSIVELY bowled him at Sandy Creek in what will no doubt stain his memory of their 1st home game in the BL&G.
Doecker doesn't even get wickets at training.
Stewie Griffin
Under 18s

Postby norm11 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 am

Stewie Griffin wrote:Him and Benny Burgess both, waving piggy banks around with dollar signs in their eyes.
Someone could sign all 3 for the right price, and Norm could be easily swayed too I reckon.
Though he hasn't quite been the same since Angastons answer to Bryce McGain in Matthew Doecke
COMPREHENSIVELY bowled him at Sandy Creek in what will no doubt stain his memory of their 1st home game in the BL&G.

Glad I could help out an old man. Neither does robberts but he won the bowler trophie
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby UNDERthePACK » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Stewie Griffin wrote:Him and Benny Burgess both, waving piggy banks around with dollar signs in their eyes.

The reason he doesn't get wickets at training is cause he is never there!!!!!!!
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby UNDERthePACK » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Heard that that one of the IPL owners are going to invest into a new side that will play in the BLCA. With the players mentioned on this forum that are holding the Piggy Bank out as you put it Stewie then could have a very classy outfit.

1. Angry Bull Ant (lure him back from his Adelaide adventures)
2. Joff Reimann (too good of credentials to play in the 2nd div)
3. Norm11
4. Benny Burgess
6. Jimmy Vanders
8. The Duke (will come out of retirement for the right price)
9. Brett Burgess (cause he will follow his brother)
11. Stewie Griffen (every team has a token 'fill in' player and Stewie could be this teams fill in. Bat 11, field at Fine leg all day)

12. Gav Werner (Unlucky not to make the starting 11 even though we are still looking for players).

OfF to a good start and very strong looking side but feel free to fill in the voids if you think of anyone that could have the attributes to fit in with the calibre of players already listed.
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm

James 07 to slot in at 6 or7

Gav very unlucky not slot in the side. :lol:
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 pm

What about your self underthepack ?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby Stewie Griffin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Sweet, fine leg, right in front of those cheerleader dancers, and all day....don't expect me to be watching if the ball comes though.
Strange that I bat in front of Brett on a Saturday (and Justifiably so) yet 3 or 4 below him in the IPL, maybe its just what
the crowd wants, apparently they love an attempted guide to 3rd man over there.
Also, not sure how Benny would go in the heat, he requires snow to be truly effective.
Meanwhile the Duke will get ousted after 3 overs for 'intimidatory' bowling and banned for the rest of the year,
perhaps his spot could then be filled by Doecker, if he can Bamboozle Norm like he did at Sandy then surely he will turn it a mile on the sub-continent. Not sure that his non-attendance at training greatly affects him taking wickets there.
I do love watching him think the delivery through before he bowls it, studying the batsman and pre-empting where the ball
will land and turn to, and then the look of sheer surprise as it disappears over the clubrooms roof, and then it takes Benny about an
hour to shuffle after it and retrieve it.
Stewie Griffin
Under 18s

Postby Shh..Listen2me » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

UNDERthePACK wrote:

Heard that that one of the IPL owners are going to invest into a new side that will play in the BLCA. With the players mentioned on this forum that are holding the Piggy Bank out as you put it Stewie then could have a very classy outfit.

1. Angry Bull Ant (lure him back from his Adelaide adventures)
2. Joff Reimann (too good of credentials to play in the 2nd div)
3. Norm11
4. Benny Burgess
5. Bo Wall
6. Jimmy Vanders
7. James 07
8. The Duke (will come out of retirement for the right price)
9. Brett Burgess (cause he will follow his brother)
10. Dan Doecke
11. Stewie Griffen (every team has a token 'fill in' player and Stewie could be this teams fill in. Bat 11, field at Fine leg all day)

12. Gav Werner (Unlucky not to make the starting 11 even though we are still looking for players).

A few ultra ego's amongst this lot. Mind you it is a quality line up with solid batting down to number 7 then add in the intimading bowling prowess of Vanders, Doecke and the Duke (Only going on Stewie's descriptions of the Duke's bowling ability). Line and length from Burgess (Br) and Joffa, the nude nuts that seem to take wickets from James 07, keeping ability of Bo Wall who is a state cricketer and then there is Stewie, who is this bloke, anyone know and can he play the game.
Shh..Listen2me
Mini-League

Postby Stewie Griffin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 pm

I would say I am the batting equivalent of the Dukes bowling, which realistically is an endictment on me.
And not sure that this was supposed to be a serious team anyway (as you have filled in the blanks with genuine selections),
if it was Norm wouldn't be in there, he got COMPREHENSIVELY bowled by Doecker.
Sorry, Normy, was just a cricketing highlight, and a fine, fine piece of deceptive bowling, was otherwise a poo day for us.
Stewie Griffin
Under 18s

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps