Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2010-11

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 pm

JQ isnt from Lofty KJR
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Bat Pad wrote:
Dutchy wrote:08/09 Lofty won the C & D grade - so mute point, whenever we have had a D grade its been our 3rd or 4th side...

Well looking back don't you think Lofty clearly could have fielded a competitive B & C grade instead of C & D? But I am sure that wasn't the thinking at season start, which is why they didn't. Same for Meadows, at the start of the season they didn't even know if they could field 2 sides, let alone know how good their second side would be. Turns out they may have underestimated themselves, but this happens all the time in the league, like Lofty back in 08/09. Sure they had plenty of players who wouldn't have looked out of place in the A2's that year. You dont think Meadows A's would prefer people coming in from B's instead of D's if they thought that was possible?

Moot point I guess, they are that far ahead of everyone it doesn't matter anyway. Perhaps they are trying to steal a D Grade flag.

Maybe get your fact right first, Lofty had a B grade in 08/09 and won C & D grade with their 3rd and 4th XI's....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Koll Joll Roll » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Whether he is or not doesnt change it as Mt Lofty is one club that doesnt have problems with Player depth does it?

But Bat Pad raises a fairly solid point what is Sam Miles if Meadows have some fringe A Grade players playing D Grade?? Be interested in your reponse Dutchy and JQ?
Koll Joll Roll
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:00 pm

I think you all know cricket isnt S Miles priority while playing League footy, which is fair enough. He didnt play huge chunks of the season cause of this and even missed finals.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Koll Joll Roll » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

So thats ok but Meadows cant have guys that can commit to cricket as their priority is work and their families??? Bit of a contradiction dont you think...

By looking the website the only players to play A Grade this year is Lachlan Meyer and Dean Whitford both young guys about 17 & 18.
Koll Joll Roll
Mini-League

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok if you say they had a B's. But I wasn't having a go at Lofty anyway, I'm sure there are other examples similar to the (incorrect) one I stated at other clubs. I don't see how it is a joke if it's just how the cards get dealt during the season.

And Miles played in the GF that year, so I'm not the only one loose with the facts.

So when Mt Lofty A graders play D's because they can't commit its understandable, but Meadows blokes who can't make the A's do it it's a joke?

2 legs good 4 legs bad hey...
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Koll Joll Roll » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 pm

And JQ if your not from Mt Lofty please tell me you arent from Mylor?? Because if you are then a Pot and Kettle come to mind and you would be very silly to be voicing an opinion on this as you seem to be losing players every year but still win the flag and these same guys play every year.
Koll Joll Roll
Mini-League

Postby flanker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Nah KJR he's a Gater
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Bat Pad wrote:Ok if you say they had a B's. But I wasn't having a go at Lofty anyway, I'm sure there are other examples similar to the (incorrect) one I stated at other clubs. I don't see how it is a joke if it's just how the cards get dealt during the season.

And Miles played in the GF that year, so I'm not the only one loose with the facts.

So when Mt Lofty A graders play D's because they can't commit its understandable, but Meadows blokes who can't make the A's do it it's a joke?

2 legs good 4 legs bad hey...

you calling Sammy an A grader? he will be happy with that :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 am

Koll Joll Roll wrote:Meadows is club not blessed with numbers due to location obviously that is not a problem at Lofty. They did what they feel was in the best interests of their club once people start to enjoy their cricket they are more likely to commit during the leaner periods (higher grades). Obviously everyone wants to play and loves their cricket at Lofty which is definately not the case at some other clubs. From what i have heard Meadows have 15 cricketers that commited to every game this year and this is over 2 sides. The decision what not made in the interests of the association and other teams as clubs have to look after their back yard.

I think i was offering a suggestion more then firing at shot at Stirling cause clearly what has happened for the past 3 years hasnt worked. By dropping down a grade you start winning games people get the enjoyment back it makes it easier to recruit players if you are winning and allows your juniors players to have some success at the lower level and gain some experience at senior level before taking on the higher level.

I was just providing more information to discussion not a defence as i feel Meadows has done the right thing for their club whether other clubs like it or not doesnt matter.

I think your right on the money KJR. We have had to do the same thing at echunga this season, it has been a few years since we re entered the A grade (after B & C grade flags) and we have been on the slow clime to a compeditave level. Last season finnishing 5th out of 6, with our B grade not winning a single game for the year and often getting smashed by over 150 runs.

This year we dropped our 2nd 11 down to the C grade (the fourth grade in A&EH) and it has been a very succesful move, with them palying in a close GF that they lost and a great culture returning to our 2nd 11. We are now looking to either field an A & B grade next year, if not an A, B and C in season 2011/ 2012.

When clubs make a move like this it is for the long term, meadows have done this to prolong the game of cricket in there town, the issue would be if they continued to play an A & D grade succesfuly for many years to come, Not that they have had a few years of success due to this. it is a transition to help them to play cricket at a higher level.

I understand it can be a bit worrying to think about D grade cricketers faceing or bowling to a fringe a grade,but would you rather have your D grade playing the same 3 teams week in week out? because that is were country cricket will be in ten years time if clubs dont work hard to keep people wanting[u][/u] to play cricket.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Welcome to A grade Mylor!

Who won the minor grades and U/17's?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby hereselmo1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:26 am

So HCA grand finals results?

I would have thought they would be on the website by now.
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times

Postby Banker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 am

As Meadows

Bs Mylor
(Aldgate hit 211 on Saturday. Perry made about 70 from memory. Gaunt hit a 100 on sunday to win it for Mylor with a few overs to spare)

Cs Onkas
D's Meadows (I think?)

17s Stirling
(Stirling made 109 on a very slow Stirling oval. Bridgy had them 8/75. Bridgewater were then bowled out for 75 on Sunday)

14s Meadows

and Im pretty sure Sinkas won HCA cricketer of the year
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks Banker

Sinka's won Player of the year by 9 votes

Meadows, 3 flags, yet stuggling according to posts last week? :lol:

Good effort by Mylor it sounds, chasing over 200 in a final is always tough.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Justquietly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Koll Joll Roll wrote:And JQ if your not from Mt Lofty please tell me you arent from Mylor?? Because if you are then a Pot and Kettle come to mind and you would be very silly to be voicing an opinion on this as you seem to be losing players every year but still win the flag and these same guys play every year.

Flanker nailed it - I'm a Gator, hence the lack of input...Mad Mondee's slowed me down a bit 8)
As much as we haven't seen eye to eye re the meadows situation, I echo your Mylor sentiments, even greater now that I've lost another flag to them! As we all somehow ended up at the Crafers on Sunday night the topic of them going to a's was brought up NUMEROUS times, it sounds as if only a few of them would keep playing if that were the case. FOUR straight flags from your best XI & to remain in B grade still erks me. In the end though, we didn't beat the team that stood in our way.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Justquietly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Thanks Banker

Sinka's won Player of the year by 9 votes

Meadows, 3 flags, yet stuggling according to posts last week? :lol:

Good effort by Mylor it sounds, chasing over 200 in a final is always tough.

Spot on, Dutchy. We thought we had enough for a GF but Gaunt was unstoppable...earned that (alleged) $1,000 :shock:
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby saintal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Meadows, 3 flags, yet stuggling according to posts last week? :lol:.

I dont want to get involved in the HCA debate, but I can relate this situation back to Kersbrook in a way. Regular A Grade Grand Finalists during the past 6-7 years (their final game as a club was an A Grade GF in 09/10!) and yet the club folded. I guess what this indicates is that just because your top side is going along ok, doesn't mean the club is healthy as a whole. Once you lose a few from that first 11 you're stuffed if there doesnt exist a pool of reserve players (which is what happened in Kersbrook's case anyway, at least Meadows are running two senior sides, and have juniors).

Having said all that, from the view of somebody outside of HCA, the Meadows situation does appear a little surprising.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby pipers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:Strong word around the HCA that if Mylor win the B grade flag they will be in A grade next season, no choice

guffaw!
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby pipers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Koll Joll Roll wrote:And JQ if your not from Mt Lofty please tell me you arent from Mylor?? Because if you are then a Pot and Kettle come to mind and you would be very silly to be voicing an opinion on this as you seem to be losing players every year but still win the flag and these same guys play every year.

I'm from Mylor.

We have genuinely lost players from our A2s every year!

Often not the most crucial ones, but there were only 5 players in this years A2 premiership who played in the first one in 2007-08.

Across those 4 GFs we have used 19 players!

But with both Cooper boys gone now, as weekend hack pointed out, our bowling is poo, it's just that when it came to the GF we discovered that Gator's line-up was ever poo-er!

It's actually an indictment on the A2 comp in general - as the standard has diminished over the past 5 years in a massive way - especially as some clubs seem more interested in one-day premierships.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Postby pipers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 pm

In short, what I'm saying is that our A2 premiers from 2 years ago would have done alright in A1... not so sure if the current side went up though.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps