Adelaide Suburban Cricket Assosciation.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Suburban Cricket Assosciation.

Postby CoverKing » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Brad won't have it until end of footy season I think, so rules him out for cricket season. Has his priorities right.

A full season for big Dimma Allen will be handy for us too, only played a couple of A Grade games late last season and was our best bat (mind you that wasn't hard).

Calderbank is due for a form lapse so we will need a new slow bowler.

will big dimma bat a bit higher so not so much pressure of the failing top order is on him? could this maximise his big hitting ability??

Good luck to Brad with the op at the end of the season then!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby wycbloods » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Brad won't have it until end of footy season I think, so rules him out for cricket season. Has his priorities right.

A full season for big Dimma Allen will be handy for us too, only played a couple of A Grade games late last season and was our best bat (mind you that wasn't hard).

Serious question AF what is that meant to mean?

Allen will be handy for you guys if he can play the whole year and with Strange coming back after christmas, who i rate as one of the best bowlers i have faced in this comp some improvement is on the cards for the ramblers.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Been liked: 20 times

Postby bazza1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm

I agree Ramblers will be strong with those inclusions, I feel though and AF might agree with me that they need 2 more bats to back up AF and Collo. There bowling is strong and so is there fielding. Definate top 4 position IMHO.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wycbloods » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 pm

bazza1 wrote:I agree Ramblers will be strong with those inclusions, I feel though and AF might agree with me that they need 2 more bats to back up AF and Collo. There bowling is strong and so is there fielding. Definate top 4 position IMHO.

No disrespect to AF or Collo but the ramblers will find it hard to win a flag with those two as the best two bats, AF might agree even :shock: . There well rounded attack is no doubt their strength and they will need a gun bat and another good bat to be a serious threat. The same can be said about me AF WYC wouldn't win a flag with me as one of the two best bats but as 6th or 7th best it makes us a strong side IMO. Your bowling will get you to the finals but runs on the board in a final will always be telling and you were probably 70 runs away last year of putting us under some real pressure.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 pm

wycbloods wrote:

Serious question AF what is that meant to mean?

Allen will be handy for you guys if he can play the whole year and with Strange coming back after christmas, who i rate as one of the best bowlers i have faced in this comp some improvement is on the cards for the ramblers.

Putting footy first over cricket.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:39 pm

wycbloods wrote:
bazza1 wrote:I agree Ramblers will be strong with those inclusions, I feel though and AF might agree with me that they need 2 more bats to back up AF and Collo. There bowling is strong and so is there fielding. Definate top 4 position IMHO.

No disrespect to AF or Collo but the ramblers will find it hard to win a flag with those two as the best two bats, AF might agree even :shock: . There well rounded attack is no doubt their strength and they will need a gun bat and another good bat to be a serious threat. The same can be said about me AF WYC wouldn't win a flag with me as one of the two best bats but as 6th or 7th best it makes us a strong side IMO. Your bowling will get you to the finals but runs on the board in a final will always be telling and you were probably 70 runs away last year of putting us under some real pressure.

I wouldn't expect anyone at WYC to rate my batting or bowling. Can't recall making a run or taking wickets against them ever. Besides, to win a flag you generally need a couple of blokes capable of making 400+ runs a season, or 5 who make 250+. We don't have anyone who can make 400+ at the moment, so yes, we need a couple of batsmen.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

I wouldn't expect anyone at WYC to rate my batting or bowling. Can't recall making a run or taking wickets against them ever. Besides, to win a flag you generally need a couple of blokes capable of making 400+ runs a season, or 5 who make 250+. We don't have anyone who can make 400+ at the moment, so yes, we need a couple of batsmen.

Certainly haven't seen you make a run against us but you have always bowled well against us. Having those people making 400+ gets you to the finals but having some luck and a couple of standout performances will win you a flag IMO.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 pm

wycbloods wrote:
Amateur Footy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Certainly haven't seen you make a run against us but you have always bowled well against us. Having those people making 400+ gets you to the finals but having some luck and a couple of standout performances will win you a flag IMO.

May have bowled well at times, but still can't take wickets against you blokes. I can't figure it out. Something always goes wrong with bat and ball. Hopefully rectify that this year.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby bazza1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:35 pm

How well will each team do this year. These are my thoughts

WYC With Press and King playing B grade this year it will be interesting to see the depth of the batting line up. Bloods has to move up into to the top 5 and if Mckay doesnt play Lowrey has to take the next step. Still a have the players to be a premiership threat.

ICC Always a premiership threat with the unlimted supply of good players. WYC done very well to get past them last year.

Sheidow If Macca, Fordy and Jibba leave to go to southern, i feel there in massive trouble. They have always been good with the ball but with the 2 Run machines leaving, it would be hard for them to make a competitive total.

Ramblers Need 2 good batsmen to make them a premiership contender. As i said earlier, great bowling and fielding, and the players want to play for there skipper.

Plympton A bit unlucky not to play finals last year. Pritchard is the key. If he stays there a real chance to grab a finals berth. Probably need another fast bowler.

Keswick Bowling attack is there strength. Mckinley, Corretti, and Curyer all great bowlers, need a bit of back up with the bat. Never count them out.

Coromandel Talented side with Cheek the gun of the team. If they keep a bit of the form they had in patches last year, they could be a dark horse.

Westminster Not sure were there at, still some good players with the Murphys and McCrae, but no young players coming through.

South Road Young captain still finding his feet, but done a fine job with what he had after losing alot of great players. Still improving, mid table i think.

Glenelg Came home with a rush, no young players, so there window of opportunity is now. Goodrich is a big in ( i hear) The D Rowe will have to have another big year.

Morphy Pk A big step up from the twos, Rooke has to continue his fine form from last year, Danny Miller is a big loss if he doesnt play.

North Haven After a terrible year last year and given a life line from Mitchell pk, the young lads are a year wiser and expected to be more consistant. Still not finals contender, but more competitive.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby CoverKing » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:24 am

bazza1 wrote:How well will each team do this year. These are my thoughts

WYC With Press and King playing B grade this year it will be interesting to see the depth of the batting line up. Bloods has to move up into to the top 5 and if Mckay doesnt play Lowrey has to take the next step. Still a have the players to be a premiership threat.

ICC Always a premiership threat with the unlimted supply of good players. WYC done very well to get past them last year.

Sheidow If Macca, Fordy and Jibba leave to go to southern, i feel there in massive trouble. They have always been good with the ball but with the 2 Run machines leaving, it would be hard for them to make a competitive total.

Ramblers Need 2 good batsmen to make them a premiership contender. As i said earlier, great bowling and fielding, and the players want to play for there skipper.

Plympton A bit unlucky not to play finals last year. Pritchard is the key. If he stays there a real chance to grab a finals berth. Probably need another fast bowler.

Keswick Bowling attack is there strength. Mckinley, Corretti, and Curyer all great bowlers, need a bit of back up with the bat. Never count them out.

Coromandel Talented side with Cheek the gun of the team. If they keep a bit of the form they had in patches last year, they could be a dark horse.

Westminster Not sure were there at, still some good players with the Murphys and McCrae, but no young players coming through.

South Road Young captain still finding his feet, but done a fine job with what he had after losing alot of great players. Still improving, mid table i think.

Glenelg Came home with a rush, no young players, so there window of opportunity is now. Goodrich is a big in ( i hear) The D Rowe will have to have another big year.

Morphy Pk A big step up from the twos, Rooke has to continue his fine form from last year, Danny Miller is a big loss if he doesnt play.

North Haven After a terrible year last year and given a life line from Mitchell pk, the young lads are a year wiser and expected to be more consistant. Still not finals contender, but more competitive.

Fair assessment there from my view there Bazza.

With us, we are looking probably to have a couple bats step up, those 2 being young Tom Fiebiger and Drew Whenan. And also Benny Mac, who we are hoping maximises his talent and scores 450+. Its time for him to do so now. Of those two, one will probably open, the other bat at 5. Bloods will from a look at it now, will probably be batting at 6 or 7, but definitely be bowling a lot more overs i would think. So if macca is to play, we would probably not replace him with the bowler but another batter (that making it 3). In the GF we had a plethora of bowlers. Hopkins, Chris Allen, Matt King, Karl Wild and Macca himself, plus bloods as the spinner. So with the loss of probably the best two bats this decade in our association at once, we will probably look to bring 3 bats in to minimise there loss.

Thats if we have 3 bats worthy of selection mind you. ICC flag favourites for sure. WYC probably next only cause we have Hopkins and the success from last year and the ability to defend low totals, with Ramblers and Plympton next in line. I am honestly fearful Sheidow will come bottom 3 if they do end up losing both maccas and ford. it could be bye bye to the bulls.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:42 am

A bloke in the Section 4 side with Div 1 Premiership experience could be availabe CK...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 am

Would expect finalists to come from WYC, ICC, Keswick, Ramblers & Plympton. Not sure if anyone else has the depth.

Danny Miller was my most feared bowler in my first few seasons, was a battle of bowling attacks between Miller & Pitt vs Strange & Cramp. However, Danny's best days are behind him, don't see it as a massive loss for Morphy's anymore. Rian Crane would be handy if he's around again. I reckon they will finish mid-table, but who knows if they can recruit a few now that they are back in Div 1.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby wycbloods » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 am

Amateur Footy wrote:Would expect finalists to come from WYC, ICC, Keswick, Ramblers & Plympton. Not sure if anyone else has the depth.

Danny Miller was my most feared bowler in my first few seasons, was a battle of bowling attacks between Miller & Pitt vs Strange & Cramp. However, Danny's best days are behind him, don't see it as a massive loss for Morphy's anymore. Rian Crane would be handy if he's around again. I reckon they will finish mid-table, but who knows if they can recruit a few now that they are back in Div 1.

i personally wouldn't write Sheidow off they have a whole host of young talent that will see them remain competitive. The rest i agree with though AF.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 pm

wycbloods wrote:
Amateur Footy wrote:Would expect finalists to come from WYC, ICC, Keswick, Ramblers & Plympton. Not sure if anyone else has the depth.

i personally wouldn't write Sheidow off they have a whole host of young talent that will see them remain competitive. The rest i agree with though AF.

Well if Sheidow lose their batsmen I stand by my comments. From what I saw it would only take their best bat to leave and they will be in trouble.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby CoverKing » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 am

Amateur Footy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Well if Sheidow lose their batsmen I stand by my comments. From what I saw it would only take their best bat to leave and they will be in trouble.

i agree with u AF. Bloods wat are u thinking?? honestly, how did sheidow go last year wen macca or ford did not perform? even when only one of those two did, they still struggled..
Sheidow IMO will be in trouble if these three go. I think Cookey and Foster need to have MASSIVE breakout years with plenty of runs and wickets each for them to have any chance of finals.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 am

Amateur Footy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

You didn't see them bowl at all so how can you comment on how they will go with the ball?
Losing Macca and Fordy will be huge no doubt but they have some young guys who are able to step up IMO with the bat with Foster being one of them. I know Macca made 130 odd but didn't they make 260 odd against you AF? They have strong lower grades and plenty of juniors coming through and they will rely on one or two of them to step up.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:24 pm

wycbloods wrote:
Amateur Footy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

You didn't see them bowl at all so how can you comment on how they will go with the ball?
Losing Macca and Fordy will be huge no doubt but they have some young guys who are able to step up IMO with the bat with Foster being one of them. I know Macca made 130 odd but didn't they make 260 odd against you AF? They have strong lower grades and plenty of juniors coming through and they will rely on one or two of them to step up.

Simple answer Bloods - I didnt comment on how they would go with the ball. Also, did you miss that coverking agrees with me?

They may have made 270 but Macca was the only one who wasn't dropped - it's hard to drop someone when he gives you no chances. Batsmen are more important IMO and weren't we talking about this season and not 5 years down the track when good juniors might step up.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby wycbloods » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:
Simple answer Bloods - I didnt comment on how they would go with the ball. Also, did you miss that coverking agrees with me?

They may have made 270 but Macca was the only one who wasn't dropped - it's hard to drop someone when he gives you no chances. Batsmen are more important IMO and weren't we talking about this season and not 5 years down the track when good juniors might step up.

Yes AF i saw CoverKing agreed with you but that doesn't mean i can't disagree. I can talk to him off of here.

You commented on how they will go for the upcoming season which is the conversation Bazza has started and you said you would think they will struggle by losing their best bat. I disagree, and the reasons being that i think they will have some young players step up this season from the lower grades and/or the under 17's. I also think they will be very similar to your side and will rely on their bowling and fielding to win them most games but their batting which was their strength with Sarge and JB there will now be their weakness, a point we agree on. They won't be as strong as they were last year but i still think they will be in the upper half of the middle pack.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby The sarge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Sheidow will be fine with or without the players being mentioned. With the bat players like Condon, Foster, Cameron and Neal are all more than capable of making plenty of runs next year. With the ball Cooke, Clements, Cameron and Harvey were all consistent wicket takers last year. I would not see us dropping off too much we have under 17's who got Sec 1 experience last year.

As for myself i am unsure of where i will be playing this year. I have been appointed captain again at Sheidow and will more than likely be playing there i think. Don't worry boys we will be around the mark again this year!!!
The sarge

Postby Tight_Lines » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Off Topic but well done to Jack Clark and Cameron Valente both being included into the state Under 15 Squad for this year and Damon Kerr selected as a keeper in the Under 13 State Squad good young Bull Talent doing well.

Also I think alot of people thought that we'd struggle to take wickets last year with Tim Grove leaving and altough we never had a bowler like him to clean up a tail-end we ended with a good spread of wicket takers and provded to be a strength. Also last year cant expect huge things from quality bats like Taj Pedersen and Matty Berts in their first years of A grade but they will no doubt be better for it and will look to take the step up.

We seem to have a year like this every couple of years were we lose a few and people start to wonder who will fill their shoes but it always seems to spark someone into having a great year and holding onto that next step. Nealy for me will have a gd year if all his mates stop getting married every week. Bring the season on its been a longgggggg Footy season.
Tight_Lines
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps