Grade Cricket 2008/09

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket 2008/09

Postby twogood4u » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:34 pm

don't know about frick, But what i have seen of matty weeks, great allrounder. SA bound you would think?
twogood4u
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby norm11 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

twogood4u wrote:don't know about frick, But what i have seen of matty weeks, great allrounder. SA bound you would think?

Was on the list i think last year and maybe the year before. Only played about 2 games i think.
Did u go watch seccas on the weekend?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby buulsroar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
sounds like you rate him as a bloke FS

he could have left for other things than personal glory??
i dunno the situation but maybe he lives close to glenelg?

"correct iron fist he moved not far from the bay and this is one of the reasons he left TTG"

Only decided to live in Glenelg after leaving TTG . Used a lot of people at TTG then did the dirty on them.
not a popular bloke at all in the north-eastern suburbs. will b very interesting match TTG Vs Glenelg.
It was a double wammy for TTG as he was bringing his mate Ellison from NZ to play with the bulls but he too finished at Glenelg. A huge pre-season set back for TTG. :evil:
buulsroar
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby razorback7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:49 am

buulsroar wrote:Only decided to live in Glenelg after leaving TTG . Used a lot of people at TTG then did the dirty on them.
not a popular bloke at all in the north-eastern suburbs. will b very interesting match TTG Vs Glenelg.
It was a double wammy for TTG as he was bringing his mate Ellison from NZ to play with the bulls but he too finished at Glenelg. A huge pre-season set back for TTG. :evil:

Well he must not have been happy at TTG for some reason or another... One player isnt gonna win you a flag guys time to build a bridge and try winning some games :D
razorback7
Under 16s

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:30 am

norm11 wrote:
twogood4u wrote:don't know about frick, But what i have seen of matty weeks, great allrounder. SA bound you would think?

Was on the list i think last year and maybe the year before. Only played about 2 games i think.

i dont believe he got a contract last season
but i think he ahd one the year before!!!! definately deserves to be given a shot for redbacks
really they have nothing to loose by trying him again
bowl well, can bat, not a bad fielder
what more do they want???

people might kick up a fuss but if there was the same player at a club such as kensington or any other side for that matter i believe he would have got more of a shot!!!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 am

razorback7 wrote:
buulsroar wrote:Only decided to live in Glenelg after leaving TTG . Used a lot of people at TTG then did the dirty on them.

Well he must not have been happy at TTG for some reason or another... One player isnt gonna win you a flag guys time to build a bridge and try winning some games :D

Donnelly is winning you games.... how many wickets has he taken so far???? and you were bragging that your undefeated!!!!!! Donelly is a big fish in a new pond likes and a terrible bloke.... thats all there is to it
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby razorback7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:54 am

Footy Smart wrote:Donnelly is winning you games.... how many wickets has he taken so far???? and you were bragging that your undefeated!!!!!! Donelly is a big fish in a new pond likes and a terrible bloke.... thats all there is to it

he took 7 wickets in 2 innings against ports (great effort donnells)... and only 1 wicket on saturday and didnt even play on sunday when we beat TTG?????? :?:

we are all about playing a team game its not about one player we have contributors all the way through the team :butthead:
razorback7
Under 16s

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 am

Is this donnelly bloke really this good or are you just sour footy smart??
i think that you need to get over that he is at the horses
whether he is a shit bloke or not!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby razorback7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:39 am

Iron Fist wrote:Is this donnelly bloke really this good or are you just sour footy smart??
whether he is a s***t bloke or not!!

good call IRON FIST :supz:
razorback7
Under 16s

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:46 am

Iron Fist wrote:Is this donnelly bloke really this good or are you just sour footy smart??
whether he is a s***t bloke or not!!

Donelly is a very good cricketer make no mistake im not saying anything about his ability..... and im not fussed that he is at the horses im p*ssed off for the people he let done from TTG that gave him their home to live, in car to drive and his best mates in Australia who he stabbed in the back by leaving the club when he said he was staying.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby buulsroar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am

Exactly right Footy Smart.
Donnelly is a very good cricketer & will play almost certainly play 1st X1 with the SACAs.
It is all about the good people he used at TTG even as late as July this year, given accomodation & vehicle usage then drops a bombshell on the club.
A struggling club like TTG can't afford to lose players like Donnelly. It's all very well for razorback to say "try to win more games", without a couple of very good cricketers it is very difficult to be competitive especially when more financial clubs tend to attract the better players from other clubs, interstate redback recruits & overseas players.
buulsroar
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 am

buulsroar wrote:Exactly right Footy Smart.
Donnelly is a very good cricketer & will play almost certainly play 1st X1 with the SACAs.
It is all about the good people he used at TTG even as late as July this year, given accomodation & vehicle usage then drops a bombshell on the club.
A struggling club like TTG can't afford to lose players like Donnelly. It's all very well for razorback to say "try to win more games", without a couple of very good cricketers it is very difficult to be competitive especially when more financial clubs tend to attract the better players from other clubs, interstate redback recruits & overseas players.

thats a very fair point footy smart and buulsroar!
but i think you will find, it happens to all clubs in the competition.
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Another club has just lost by far the best and most accomplished player of its short history, yet still managed to win. It's no good moaning and groaning ---- you get on with the job.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Another club has just lost by far the best and most accomplished player of its short history, yet still managed to win. It's no good moaning and groaning ---- you get on with the job.

good point BTP, what team and player are you talking about though???
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:Another club has just lost by far the best and most accomplished player of its short history, yet still managed to win. It's no good moaning and groaning ---- you get on with the job.

good point BTP, what team and player are you talking about though???

Deitz #-o
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby twogood4u » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:04 pm

norm11 wrote:

Yep, He bowled well with'in himself and has slotted in well in the 'A's and at the club. The side is young and with matty weeks leading by example the magpies have the talent and just need to work with the youngsters . some good cricketers out there, good voice all day both days.
twogood4u
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm

twogood4u wrote:
norm11 wrote:

Yep, He bowled well with'in himself and has slotted in well in the 'A's and at the club. The side is young and with matty weeks leading by example the magpies have the talent and just need to work with the youngsters . some good cricketers out there, good voice all day both days.

Did Secca's play Sunday? If so, how'd he go?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby abber » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:42 pm

A W Seccafein 0 for 10 off 2 overs 3 wides. 6 no with bat. Port lost to Northern
abber
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Ben Cameron announced his retirement tonight at the club. This week will be his last game for TTG.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 am

Footy Smart wrote:Ben Cameron announced his retirement tonight at the club. This week will be his last game for TTG.

any reason for his retirement???
thats another kick in the guuts for ttg!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps