2008/9 SACA Premiers

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will bag the SACA Flag

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Kensington
16%
Northern Districts
44%
Sturt
No votes
Woodville
32%
University
4%
Adelaide
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: 2008/9 SACA Premiers

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:40 pm

The real Champion Club has turned out to be Woodville. They won the only one that matters.
Back-to-back is quite and achievement !!! Congratulations Peckers !
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:51 pm

See the naming of the award takes it away from just the A Grade

It is the"Club" championship emphasising the importance of the club. That is why the games votes should not be staggered. The club as a "whole who wins the most games should be crowned "Club Champions"

If the A grade premiership is the only one that matters then why do the other grades play???
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

The other grades play to develop the A-Grade.
Full credit to the Bulls --- three Flags is more than my mob has won in half a decade.
However the "Champion Club award" to me is just a token. It should be renamed because the title is misleading. I will always proclaim that in my opinion the true champion club is the A-Grade Premiers, even if they finish bottom in all other grades.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Bag The Points wrote:The other grades play to develop the A-Grade.
Full credit to the Bulls --- three Flags is more than my mob has won in half a decade.
However the "Champion Club award" to me is just a token. It should be renamed because the title is misleading. I will always proclaim that in my opinion the true champion club is the A-Grade Premiers, even if they finish bottom in all other grades.

thats a fair point!
All sides are there to make the a's as strong as possible!
But it is also a reward for all the lower grades performing well I think!
it should stay the way it is with the introduction of points depending on the grade as said earlier!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby wycbloods » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Well done to Woodville a great effort to win it two years in a row.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Shark_Hunter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Iron Fist wrote:

thats a fair point!
it should stay the way it is with the introduction of points depending on the grade as said earlier!

Have to say that some of the best celebrations we had when I was at a grade club came when we won our first club championship! The whole club got to celebrate together and it took a few grades pulling off unlikely wins to snare it. Allows the whole club to contribute and can give grades out of finals contention something to play for in the last couple of rounds. I reckon it is a great concept and wish that the ATCA would bring in a similar award.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

thats a fair point!

Have to say that some of the best celebrations we had when I was at a grade club came when we won our first club championship! The whole club got to celebrate together and it took a few grades pulling off unlikely wins to snare it. Allows the whole club to contribute and can give grades out of finals contention something to play for in the last couple of rounds. I reckon it is a great concept and wish that the ATCA would bring in a similar award.

Exactly we had won 14 of our last 16 games to come from 3rd bottom of the club championship table. We had our c grade score 1300 runs after christmas and 5 hundreds scored by c grade batsman. Our A grade one 4 of there last 6 and B's won all after christmas including the premiership. The whole club then celebrates together no segmentation between grades etc It needs to stay the same.... the club that as a whole wins the most games is the best club.... Yes your main aim is an A grade permiership but as a club you want to win the most games you can
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby CoverKing » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

thats a fair point!

Exactly we had won 14 of our last 16 games to come from 3rd bottom of the club championship table. We had our c grade score 1300 runs after christmas and 5 hundreds scored by c grade batsman. Our A grade one 4 of there last 6 and B's won all after christmas including the premiership. The whole club then celebrates together no segmentation between grades etc It needs to stay the same.... the club that as a whole wins the most games is the best club.... Yes your main aim is an A grade permiership but as a club you want to win the most games you can

It has to stay in SACA, but having a system where the grades are weighted should be included like the SANFL has it.
A grade 10
B grade 7
C grade 5
D grade 3
therefore it puts more weight towards succeeding in the higher grades and thats how it should be IMO.
Westsider was on the money IMO
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for some sort of prestigious trophy to honour the most proific winners through the grades. All I'm saying is let's keep it in perpective. The word "Champion" should apply to the A-Grade winners.
Well done to the Gully. They came from the clouds and grabbed this trophy, but Woodville were the "Champions".
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby rainbow warrior » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

thats a fair point!

Good to see you back Shark Hunter after your hiatus from these forums for a while.

I can see how it works in Grade Cricket where all clubs have an equal number of sides, jsut think it would be tough to bring it in in ATCA due to the large difference many clubs have in teams fielded in the competition. IF they could do it it would be interesting, jsut cant see how it would be an even playing field.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby CoverKing » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:29 pm

rainbow warrior wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

thats a fair point!

Good to see you back Shark Hunter after your hiatus from these forums for a while.

I can see how it works in Grade Cricket where all clubs have an equal number of sides, jsut think it would be tough to bring it in in ATCA due to the large difference many clubs have in teams fielded in the competition. IF they could do it it would be interesting, jsut cant see how it would be an even playing field.

the only way i could see it working in ATCA or anyother comp with uneven team numbers would be a percentage of wins per games or somethin similar like that?
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Shark_Hunter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 pm

The SAAFL has had a few systems for dealing with the problem of different numbers of teams, not sure they have the right formula currently though. Not sure about the grading of points for different grades, they have never done that in the SAAFL and must say I have never liked the SANFL system either. It would be tough with ATCA clubs with 3 one-day sides for example. NOt saying it would be easy but would be good to see some sort of club award come in to ATCA and I reckon SACA should stick with the current system, maybe a change of name if some feel its necessary.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps