Brahma Lodge Cricket Club

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Brahma Lodge Cricket Club

Postby Robran » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Masha wrote:
Honda07 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:Hey how did the fill in keeper go
He told me he couldnt move until yesterday

He was ok - steady job - I knew he wouldnt beable to move. Ha poor old boy.

It was an improvement on Friday nights effort that's for sure. Bumbling, dropping, byes everywhere. Good luck to him, it is a thankless job.

your welcome you bunch of p#icks and just for the record i still cant move
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 pm

some say you couldnt move before your keeping comeback :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Robran » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Executive Member wrote:some say you couldnt move before your keeping comeback :lol:

give you that one ;)
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Robran wrote:
Executive Member wrote:some say you couldnt move before your keeping comeback :lol:

give you that one ;)

at least you know when you have been licked unlike Mr Source who has a :((
still love ya source 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Browny25 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Robran wrote:
Masha wrote:
Honda07 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:Hey how did the fill in keeper go
He told me he couldnt move until yesterday

He was ok - steady job - I knew he wouldnt beable to move. Ha poor old boy.

It was an improvement on Friday nights effort that's for sure. Bumbling, dropping, byes everywhere. Good luck to him, it is a thankless job.

your welcome you bunch of p#icks and just for the record i still cant move

I thought you were very good Robran, well alot better than the last game (of sport) I seen you play ;)
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Dangerous ground there Browny
Especially with the type of recruits that are lining up
All bloke about your height that play your type of position ;)

I am sure Tony will be happy to have you in the B's
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Browny25 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Executive Member wrote:Dangerous ground there Browny

That was probably going to happen anyway EM..
Browny25
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm

browny2323 wrote:

I hear you have contract negotiations tonight - perhaps you should remind them who was BOG in the final and ask for some coin 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Browny25 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Executive Member wrote:
browny2323 wrote:

I hear you have contract negotiations tonight - perhaps you should remind them who was BOG in the final and ask for some coin 8)

We dont pay players mate
Browny25
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:43 pm

browny2323 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
browny2323 wrote:

We dont pay players mate

$-) $-) :)) =))
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby bothamsfearnley » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah ok Iwas84, I see your point. However, the T20 concept was only just brought in, and as I'm led to believe the Tuesday numbers have always being low. I can't understand how a team in Grade 1 who has ambitions to be successful can only get by with training once a week. If you are going to take it seriously, surely the Tuesday has to be a go as well. Just look at footy, they implement the 2 days per week training plus Saturday, otherwise you don't get the Tiger bucks on Sat night. I know players don't get paid at the Lodge for cricket (except maybe Sibbs), but maybe a similar concept may be the way to go. It does make it hard now though with the T20. That would make it 4 out of 7 days up at the club. I agree that would be pushing the friendship. Now that I have gone to a Tuesday sesh I can guarantee that unless there is more than 5 people there, I won't do it again as It will be wasting my Tuesday night.[/quote]

As someone who has attended many Tuesday night trainings, I always find them enjoyable because you get a longer bat and bowl. You also get to talk to some of the younger guys who normally play in the lower grades, who are enthusiastic and want to improve. I would love to have more of the A/B grade out and I believe they should anyway. Its those guys who should be leading the club with that kind of application - unfortunately they are not. I know we all have to work etc so I am not pointing the finger, but if we had most of the A/B grade out on a tuesday most of the time, our results would be better for it.
Last edited by bothamsfearnley on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bothamsfearnley
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Browny25 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:38 pm

are you the great man who uses that awesome DF??
Browny25
Coach

Postby unknown source » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm

so Browney caved in and gave the people what they wanted, our own thread.. cant be everybody's best friend browney..

on another note your only as good as your last match
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby unknown source » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Robran wrote:

give you that one ;)

at least you know when you have been licked unlike Mr Source who has a :((
still love ya source 8)

blow me
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby bothamsfearnley » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:06 pm

browny2323 wrote:are you the great man who uses that awesome DF??

yes, but I am Just a humble blow-in from Mclaren Vale mate.....
bothamsfearnley
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby saveyourlegs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 pm

bothamsfearnley wrote:Yeah ok Iwas84, I see your point. However, the T20 concept was only just brought in, and as I'm led to believe the Tuesday numbers have always being low. I can't understand how a team in Grade 1 who has ambitions to be successful can only get by with training once a week. If you are going to take it seriously, surely the Tuesday has to be a go as well. Just look at footy, they implement the 2 days per week training plus Saturday, otherwise you don't get the Tiger bucks on Sat night. I know players don't get paid at the Lodge for cricket (except maybe Sibbs), but maybe a similar concept may be the way to go. It does make it hard now though with the T20. That would make it 4 out of 7 days up at the club. I agree that would be pushing the friendship. Now that I have gone to a Tuesday sesh I can guarantee that unless there is more than 5 people there, I won't do it again as It will be wasting my Tuesday night.

As someone who has attended many Tuesday night trainings, I always find them enjoyable because you get a longer bat and bowl you also get to talk to some of the younger guys who normally play in the lower grades who are enthusiastic and want to improve. I would love to have more of the A/B grade out and I believe they should anyway because its those guys who should be leading the club with that kind of application - unfortunately they are not. I know we all have to work etc so I am not pointing the finger, but if we had most of the A/B grade out on a tuesday most of the time our results would be better for it.[/quote]

Spot on there bothamsfearley, they should make a effort and set an example for the younger players..
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby unknown source » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:16 pm

saveyourlegs wrote:
bothamsfearnley wrote:Yeah ok Iwas84, I see your point. However, the T20 concept was only just brought in, and as I'm led to believe the Tuesday numbers have always being low. I can't understand how a team in Grade 1 who has ambitions to be successful can only get by with training once a week. If you are going to take it seriously, surely the Tuesday has to be a go as well. Just look at footy, they implement the 2 days per week training plus Saturday, otherwise you don't get the Tiger bucks on Sat night. I know players don't get paid at the Lodge for cricket (except maybe Sibbs), but maybe a similar concept may be the way to go. It does make it hard now though with the T20. That would make it 4 out of 7 days up at the club. I agree that would be pushing the friendship. Now that I have gone to a Tuesday sesh I can guarantee that unless there is more than 5 people there, I won't do it again as It will be wasting my Tuesday night.

As someone who has attended many Tuesday night trainings, I always find them enjoyable because you get a longer bat and bowl you also get to talk to some of the younger guys who normally play in the lower grades who are enthusiastic and want to improve. I would love to have more of the A/B grade out and I believe they should anyway because its those guys who should be leading the club with that kind of application - unfortunately they are not. I know we all have to work etc so I am not pointing the finger, but if we had most of the A/B grade out on a tuesday most of the time our results would be better for it.

Spot on there bothamsfearley, they should make a effort and set an example for the younger players..[/quote]

would hate to be a junior at two wells then
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby saveyourlegs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:19 pm

unknown source wrote:
saveyourlegs wrote:

As someone who has attended many Tuesday night trainings, I always find them enjoyable because you get a longer bat and bowl you also get to talk to some of the younger guys who normally play in the lower grades who are enthusiastic and want to improve. I would love to have more of the A/B grade out and I believe they should anyway because its those guys who should be leading the club with that kind of application - unfortunately they are not. I know we all have to work etc so I am not pointing the finger, but if we had most of the A/B grade out on a tuesday most of the time our results would be better for it.

Spot on there bothamsfearley, they should make a effort and set an example for the younger players..

would hate to be a junior at two wells then[/quote]

:lol:
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby unknown source » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:20 pm

is that it?
unknown source
League - Top 5