Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV) 2010-11

Postby Justquietly » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:34 pm

pipers wrote:
Koll Joll Roll wrote:And JQ if your not from Mt Lofty please tell me you arent from Mylor?? Because if you are then a Pot and Kettle come to mind and you would be very silly to be voicing an opinion on this as you seem to be losing players every year but still win the flag and these same guys play every year.

I'm from Mylor.

We have genuinely lost players from our A2s every year!

Often not the most crucial ones, but there were only 5 players in this years A2 premiership who played in the first one in 2007-08.

Across those 4 GFs we have used 19 players!

But with both Cooper boys gone now, as weekend hack pointed out, our bowling is poo, it's just that when it came to the GF we discovered that Gator's line-up was ever poo-er!It's actually an indictment on the A2 comp in general - as the standard has diminished over the past 5 years in a massive way - especially as some clubs seem more interested in one-day premierships.

Disappointing comment, Piper. I admitted you were the better team, nothing like a wanker victor.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby pipers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 am

Justquietly wrote:
pipers wrote:But with both Cooper boys gone now, as weekend hack pointed out, our bowling is poo, it's just that when it came to the GF we discovered that Gator's line-up was ever poo-er!It's actually an indictment on the A2 comp in general - as the standard has diminished over the past 5 years in a massive way - especially as some clubs seem more interested in one-day premierships.

Disappointing comment, Piper. I admitted you were the better team, nothing like a wanker victor.

Apologies JQ, wasn't trying to be a wanker - simple fact is you were beaten by a remarkable effort from Gaunty. I was just suggesting that even though our attack is not a strong as in previous years we could still win it on batting strength alone, which says something about the A2 standard in general, and also reinforces my long-held view that we should have gone up two years ago as we would have posted competitive scores.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Footy Warrior » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm

pipers wrote:
Justquietly wrote:
pipers wrote:But with both Cooper boys gone now, as weekend hack pointed out, our bowling is poo, it's just that when it came to the GF we discovered that Gator's line-up was ever poo-er!It's actually an indictment on the A2 comp in general - as the standard has diminished over the past 5 years in a massive way - especially as some clubs seem more interested in one-day premierships.

Apologies JQ, wasn't trying to be a wanker - simple fact is you were beaten by a remarkable effort from Gaunty. I was just suggesting that even though our attack is not a strong as in previous years we could still win it on batting strength alone, which says something about the A2 standard in general, and also reinforces my long-held view that we should have gone up two years ago as we would have posted competitive scores.

Regardless of what you were trying to say the HCA have to show a bit of heart and throw your boys up to 'A' grade. If Mylor struggle with it, tough, they're had enough fun in the sun.
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby youngpace » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:
pipers wrote:
Justquietly wrote:

Regardless of what you were trying to say the HCA have to show a bit of heart and throw your boys up to 'A' grade. If Mylor struggle with it, tough, they're had enough fun in the sun.

From what I have heard it wont come down to the league making the call, sounds as though mylor will be playing A grade by what some of the players are saying, good on them for finaly making the call (if they really do go through with it) and good luck to them, will be interesting to see how they go!
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby pipers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm

youngpace wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:Regardless of what you were trying to say the HCA have to show a bit of heart and throw your boys up to 'A' grade. If Mylor struggle with it, tough, they're had enough fun in the sun.

From what I have heard it wont come down to the league making the call, sounds as though mylor will be playing A grade by what some of the players are saying, good on them for finaly making the call (if they really do go through with it) and good luck to them, will be interesting to see how they go!

Meeting on May 15 at Mylor CC is my mail...
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby hereselmo1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I just can't see it happening. It get's discussed every year but at the end of the day they just like being a big fish in a small pond.
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times

Postby Weekend hack » Mon May 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Move them up I say. Even if Gaunt and Steadman follow through on what they have been saying all year and don't return, still send them up.

Must make sure that Stirling make way for them though. No desire for a bye in the A's
Weekend hack
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby R. White » Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 am

Weekend hack wrote:Move them up I say. Even if Gaunt and Steadman follow through on what they have been saying all year and don't return, still send them up.

Must make sure that Stirling make way for them though. No desire for a bye in the A's

If Steadman leaves then the team will save money on food for the tea break!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Banker » Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 pm

R. White wrote:
Weekend hack wrote:Move them up I say. Even if Gaunt and Steadman follow through on what they have been saying all year and don't return, still send them up.

If Steadman leaves then the team will save money on food for the tea break!

Yeah he needs the energy when playing Lofty ;)
http://mylorcc.sa.cricket.com.au/showrv ... /match.asp
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby old fullback » Sun May 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Heard Woodside have agreed to join A&EH for season 2011/12.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Deep Long Off » Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

old fullback wrote:Heard Woodside have agreed to join A&EH for season 2011/12.

Have it confirmed from a rather BIG source at the Warriors that following their AGM at the end of April, an Official letter of approach was sent to the A&EH and now they are waiting for the response.
No definite news through from Tigerland, although similar happenings are expected.

R.I.P. TVCA :(

Also heard (from the horses mouth) that Kersbrook have plenty of players ready to be available again and will supply a team in the TVCA, after missing the 2010/11 season.
Word is that now that Lobethal are set to leave the Cavaliers reckon they might be in with a fair chance of snagging their first A grade flag... Surely they can't be serious, can they?
Deep Long Off
Mini-League

Postby Footy Warrior » Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Deep Long Off wrote:

Have it confirmed from a rather BIG source at the Warriors that following their AGM at the end of April, an Official letter of approach was sent to the A&EH and now they are waiting for the response.
No definite news through from Tigerland, although similar happenings are expected.

Also heard (from the horses mouth) that Kersbrook have plenty of players ready to be available again and will supply a team in the TVCA, after missing the 2010/11 season.
Word is that now that Lobethal are set to leave the Cavaliers reckon they might be in with a fair chance of snagging their first A grade flag... Surely they can't be serious, can they?

Will Lobethal be joining them? If so the TVCA is finished. I can't see Kersbrook returning any time soon either. So where does that leave Gumeracha, Paracombe, Mt.Torrens, Lenswood, Cambrai and Eden Valley?
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby The Big Ship » Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:
Deep Long Off wrote:

Will Lobethal be joining them? If so the TVCA is finished. I can't see Kersbrook returning any time soon either. So where does that leave Gumeracha, Paracombe, Mt.Torrens, Lenswood, Cambrai and Eden Valley?

At a Special General meeting held last night (Mon 16th May) the A&EHCA unanimously voted for Woodside and Lobethal to be accepted into their competition as of season 2011/12.
No - this will not mean the death of the Torrens Valley Cricket Assoc. as there are still 10 other Member clubs.
What it does mean is that if all those clubs play their 1st XI in the A grade (as they should) then it will be a much more even and therefore a more interesting competition come finals time, rather than having Lobethal dominate as they have done for the last 8 years.
The Big Ship

Postby hereselmo1 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 am

pipers wrote:
youngpace wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:Regardless of what you were trying to say the HCA have to show a bit of heart and throw your boys up to 'A' grade. If Mylor struggle with it, tough, they're had enough fun in the sun.

Meeting on May 15 at Mylor CC is my mail...

Do I take it from the silence that Mylor aren't stepping up?
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times

Postby saintal » Thu May 19, 2011 12:33 pm

How TVCA is now shaping, thanks to the “defection” of Lobethal and Woodside. :?

A Grade:
Mt Torrens/Charleston- Will start as premiership favs I would have thought. Fairly open though.
Paracombe- Rumour has a few key players not keen on making the trip up the hill next season. Hopefully not the case.
Gumeracha
Eden Valley
Cambrai
Lenswood- Struggled to fill 1 team last year. Hopefully things will pick up.
Palmer
Birdwood- Mix of old and young. Hopefully have a crack at A Grade.

Kersbrook and Mt Pleasant/Springton are the other two still “active” clubs. Haven’t heard much about the former, while I’d put my last dollar on the latter not remerging anytime soon sadly.

B Grade:
Mt Torrens/Charleston Green
Mt Torrens/Charleston Gold- Didn’t want to have 2 teams in same grade next season. No choice now.
Eden Valley
Paracombe
Cambrai- Struggled to fill 2 teams last year.
Palmer- Struggled to fill 2 teams last year.
Gumeracha- Struggled to fill 2 teams last year.

A few of these B Grade teams may not eventuate which would leave a very thin B Grade. On the flipside hopefully clubs with only one team like Lens and Bird can find enough for an additional team (or a merged team), but I’m not holding my breath.

Junior Grades:
The less said the better. Not sure what will happen here. Birdwood in particular in a tricky spot as they have teams in all junior grades I believe.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Interested » Thu May 19, 2011 5:50 pm

The TVCA will have no junior teams to field competitions and eventually there senior sides will suffer because juniors or clubs will play elsewhere. The 'Big Ship's claims that this is good for the association (to make a more even A grade playing field) seem to be some people from the AEHC covering a bit of guilt they might have in accepting the 2 sides.
Interested
Mini-League

Postby jackpot jim » Thu May 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Why would anyone from A&EHCA be feeling guilty ?
Woodside & Lobethal both approached A&EHCA about joining and the A&EHCA club delegates would've been mad not to have accepted them.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 453 times

Postby The Big Ship » Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Never said it was a "good" thing - just that it would be a more evenly contested A grade competition...
It is a very tricky situation in that without juniors coming thru the ranks, the seniors side of things will inevitably head downhill too - as it has started to in the past few seasons.
I believe we (Woodside and Lobethal) have acted with the forsight to try and preserve what we provide to our members (and have worked BLOODY HARD for too) before the apparent apathy that has seeped in to the TVCA claimed our club aswell.
This has not been a decision made quickly - it has been building up for the last 3 to 4 seasons and it finally came to a flash point this season when we found out that our under 12's and under 16's would have to look elsewhere to play and then Lobethal nominated a 2nd A Grade side, to avoid a bye, when the start of the season was delayed by a week after another side pulled back to the A2's.
The Big Ship

Postby Bricktop » Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Why would anyone from A&EHCA be feeling guilty ?
Woodside & Lobethal both approached A&EHCA about joining and the A&EHCA club delegates would've been mad not to have accepted them.

Was it the A&EHCA commitee that decided to allow the 2 clubs entry, or was it a club vote like the GSCA did in rejecting 2 clubs that applied.
Bricktop
Mini-League

Postby old fullback » Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Bricktop wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Why would anyone from A&EHCA be feeling guilty ?

Was it the A&EHCA commitee that decided to allow the 2 clubs entry, or was it a club vote like the GSCA did in rejecting 2 clubs that applied.

The committee i believe decided to allow them entry.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps