Duck-mans Charity Cricket Match (Qld fundraiser)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Duck-mans Charity Cricket Match (Qld fundraiser)

Postby carey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:54 pm

DUCK-MAN

it goes with out saying mate THANK YOU for a super job doing a thankless effort is super! you and CUZ are stars no doubt about it!

yes i just got home and yes i am drunk......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Wizard of Oz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 am

duck-mann wrote:Well lads, the day has been and gone and what a day. Left home at about 8:20am this morning and got home at 9:15pm..... A MASSIVE thank you to JS Sports and Dennis personally. The shirts/hats and purchase of a couple of auction items helped the cause immensely! Dennis also umpired the main game, thanks mate!

Marc Cossens, the silent partner. The man who orgainsed the BBQ, the ground, the donuts, the ice creams and some of the drinks. He also did a lot of leg work organising the set up of bouncy castle and other things for the day. Taking phone calls and receiving text msgs from everywhere to help me out. THANKS CHAMP! Wouldnt have had things ready for today with out your help!

Daniel Lock, who I work with, volunteered about 5 hours on the BBQ today so a big thanks to him too. Also to the other blokes who had a few stints on there (including the man that was everywhere, Dennis), thank you very much gentlemen.

My wife, Tammy, who spent all day wo-manning the drink and shirt sales. A long day on her feet after having to put up with me coming to bed at 2am for the last 10 days. Im a lucky man having a woman to help with sporting events - even when it is for charity.

The Hart family - Rob, who was DJ/Announcer for the day. Did a great job promoting the sponsors, updating scores/results and obviously kept the music coming. His daughter Cassie - who was our volunteer face painter. I think she had littles girls lining up wanting to be butterflies from 10:30 till about 2 and helped raise about $60 from donations even though face painting was free... so thank you to Cassie for her time, and to all those Mums and Dads that popped a coin in the bucket.

Bryan from "little aussie bouncers" for donating his time and organising the bouncy castle for free. Im sure the kids had an amazing time jumping around today, mums and dads will be thanking you as their little ones sleep well tonight!

All the players! It was amazing to see the strength of the teams we fielded! The PDCA O33s team really was a LEGENDS of PDCA teams. On paper those names still strike fear into any opposition player and make spectators stand and admire. (I dont know any of the C&CCA players so sorry lads cant comment there) Both 'open' sides.... I heard so many people say today "if this was the we had for SAMCA we would smash teams" - so all I can say is thank you to all the talented cricketers for making themselves available on the only free day we all get!!!

Last but not least, anyone who donated from as little as $1 up to the generous $500 from the C&CCA exec. THANK YOU. this day wouldve been a great day of cricket anyway, but it would not have served its cause without everyones generosity!!!

Sooo.... the question everyone is asking.... How much did we raise? Including the money donated directly in to the fund from Peer IND we managed to make just over an AMAZING $8,500...

A great effort from every involved!!!!

Outstanding effort pal and to everyone who organised and participated in the event. Well done all !
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby catchit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 am

Well done duckman....great effort..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 am

well done! was a great day, couldnt ask for better weather and spirits were up. is there gonna be photos people can look at from the day
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Browny25 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 am

Well done Duck Mann and all involved...

Great Day
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby JS SPORTS » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:38 am

A great day it was, and thanks to all who took the time to come along and support the cause.

Well done to Duck and Mrs Duck, they handled it like real professionals and to all other helpers of which there were many, well done!
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS
SAFooty.net approved advertiser

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am

JS SPORTS wrote:A great day it was, and thanks to all who took the time to come along and support the cause.

Well done to Duck and Mrs Duck, they handled it like real professionals and to all other helpers of which there were many, well done!

Next time round can we get some bigger shirts mate, looking around at some of the profiles on our side I thought I was in a wrestling team ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

Are you posting any pics Goatie? My wife took some, the one where we were all in a circle before the early game was a good one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby JS SPORTS » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JS SPORTS wrote:A great day it was, and thanks to all who took the time to come along and support the cause.

Next time round can we get some bigger shirts mate, looking around at some of the profiles on our side I thought I was in a wrestling team ;)

T'was a guessing game with that bit, not sure we could have done it much better without going 1 BIG size fits all.
Mind you, there are a few who are built more like Sumo wrestlers rather than well trained cricketers but we'll do it better next time around.
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS
SAFooty.net approved advertiser

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport

Postby duck-mann » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:well done! was a great day, couldnt ask for better weather and spirits were up. is there gonna be photos people can look at from the day

goat hearder is making up a cd and sending it to me so we will get the pictures up asap. If anyone took pictures during the day can you let me know and Ill give you my email address so u can send them to me, or postal address if you have heaps (if you dont mind putting them on a cd) and Ill try and get them in some sort of timeline for the day and post them online.
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby brod » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 am

Great day it surely was....slept well last night ;)

Well done and thank you to all those who helped to make such a great idea into such a great success
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am

If anyone has photos they can email to me at admin@safooty.net and Ill arrange to put them up here.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3822 times

Postby Goat Herder » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Are you posting any pics Goatie? My wife took some, the one where we were all in a circle before the early game was a good one.

Definitely LM! :D I'll sort through them and post some of the better ones. I haven't reviewed them all yet, just the one where Dutchy threw the game away.. :roll: ;) :lol:

I definitely took some decent ones of the teams before the 11am matches, both in the minute's silence circle and the 4 teams grouped together. ;)
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm

As promised, a few snaps of the day. 8)

The 4x 11am teams.
Attachments
4 teams group shot.jpg
4 teams group shot.jpg (177.49 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm

The 2011 Qld Flood Appeal Ba$h 4 Ca$h.. 8)
Attachments
4 teams group shot3.jpg
4 teams group shot3.jpg (176.23 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 pm

A minute's silence.
Attachments
4 teams minutes silence.jpg
4 teams minutes silence.jpg (179.5 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Wish i could have made it but work commitments got in the way.

What was a rough estimate of the crowd?
and
How much roughly did the day raise?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 2581 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm

12 individuals of dubious credibility, right there...........and then there's Baldo Jnr ;) :lol:
Attachments
The Pink Side2.jpg
The Pink Side2.jpg (170.28 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Last I heard it was around the $8500 mark, whufc, but I'm not sure if that was the final tally. ;)

When the matches began, there was far too much of this stuff going on over on #1 oval.. :roll: :p :lol:
Attachments
PDCA bat2.jpg
PDCA bat2.jpg (179.95 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

And this.... :roll:
Attachments
PDCA bat3.jpg
PDCA bat3.jpg (179.74 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps