PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 am

Grade 3: Westies win by 15 runs defending 73 - incredible game! North Pines double bonus point against the Goats has them ticking along well, haven't dropped a game since Rd 1 and look threatening. Enfield previously undefeated were put to the sword badly against Angle Vale who further stake their claims as the side to beat, whilst Craigmore continue their strong form with a tight fought win over Eyre Royals.

Craigmore sit well clear on top of the ladder thanks to a couple of outright results early in the year, North Pines have jumped into second spot with their weekend annihilation whilst Angle Vale and Enfield round out the 4. Eyre Royals are a little behind, but close enough to strike if they can get the players on the park after the xmas break, but hard to see the remaining 3 clubs pressing hard for finals claims. Do expect sides like Westies though to rattle some top sides and claim some scalps.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:22 am

LO1: NEK are doing it easy after dropping back from 2 day cricket. Hazara also cheating their way to success. No surprise to see Units and Smithfield also in the mix after dropping back from 2 day cricket. Para Vista need a big second half if they're to maintain their stranglehold on this grade, whilst Two Wells and ATCO B continue to battle.

LO2: Gepps Cross and Salisbury North both well out in front - these two should've been in LO1 and dropped Two Wells and ATCO back. Parafield and Dublin round out the 4, then it's a bit of a drop back to Adel Union and Adel Warriors. One Tree Hill winless.

LO3: Eyre Royals the clubhouse leader, with NEK, Westies and Craigmore hot on the tail. Looks a good even division with Adel Risers also within striking distance, whilst new comer Andrews Farm along with ATCO and Adel Union sit on one win each at the bottom of the table.

LO4: Angle Vale and Pirates control this grade at the moment, but Eyre Royals and Adel Risers are right in the mix. You'd have to think these 4 will feature in the finals, unless Parafield Gardens and Athelstone can find some groove - both sides along with North Pines have 2 wins. Para Vista also have a win but well off the pace and finals would be a pipedream at this stage.

LO5:
Virginia the side to beat, have done it reasonably easy this season against most sides and find themselves with a healthy buffer at the top over neighbors Angle Vale who are hitting their straps. Enfield "C" find themselves in 3rd spot despite some inconsistent performances, and right on their heels is Athelstone who could be shaping as a bit of a smoky. Eyre Royals have claimed some scalps, but dropped some winnable games, so not sure if they've got enough in the tank to push into the 4. Enfield D grade making up numbers but will soldier on... but Rackers might decide to explode one of these games with the bat and hit a big score on a shoebox.

LO6: North Pines undefeated, Athelstone cruising along and Parafield Gardens steady behind. Angle Vale "E" battling at the bottom, ATCO and Craigmore also having their troubles, but the middle of the back with Eyre Royals and Salisbury West looks a good contest.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:38 pm

Craig D'Antonio on track for his best season with the bat, having already amassed 311 runs with 3x 50s.

Medal favorite.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:Only two more weeks until we break for xmas.. thank goodness! :D

Feels like the longest season ever already with so much happening, rain interruptions etc.

Grade 2 seems a very tight competition still - anyone can beat anyone on their day, Westies knocked off Enfield early in the year, then Eyre last week.. Parafield claimed Eyre's scalp Saturday, and North Pines are dangerous on their day. ATCO still out in front, but I think the gap is closing. Not much between any of the 6 sides.

Ladder Grade 2
57.00 - ATCO
53.11 - Enfield
45.61 - Eyre Royals
38.55 - Salisbury West
--------------------------
37.95 - Parafield Gardens
30.02 - North Pines

The one day game isn't the Royals thing, without BJ there is no genuine strike rotator to put pressure on the field, they are bowling allrounder heavy so probably missing out on overs that could be bowled by other players.
Their bowling stocks are probably too similar too, had the Gardens 3/30 with Marsden and Reynolds both in the shed but took the foot off the throat as the bowling spells were a bit long, there were too many holes in the field or the bowlers weren't bowling to a plan, Gardens should've made 130 tops.

Didn't really bat with any intent either, Marsden puts it on the spot with no pace and Mendin bowled an awkward line and length, the attack was very ordinary otherwise. Costly loss.

FWIW, I think they put their boundary out too far for their style.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:27 am

Does Nathan Warren's 4th Grade 1 Hat-trick on the weekend make him one of if not the best bowler the PDCA has ever seen?

No Other bowler has claimed more than 1 Grade 1 Hat-trick
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:Does Nathan Warren's 4th Grade 1 Hat-trick on the weekend make him one of if not the best bowler the PDCA has ever seen?

Despite the standard being far lower nowadays you can only bowl to who you are up against and a hat trick is a hat trick in any book, 4 of them is just taking the absolute piss.

A tad shy of 500 wickets at an average of under 15 (all but two of his game in Grade 1). Statistically he is the GOAT.

Shane Sonneman was probably the scariest bowler I faced in the PDCA. Tall, strong, angry and very quick.
Glenn North was very quick and basically a class act with the ball.
John Robins was a sharp enough tall lefty who moved the ball well, he made you play every ball you faced.
Stephen Hands was very quick on his day too, he had a pretty good record against us.

Plenty of others I could rate highly too, Drakey was one of the trickiest without being overly quick.

Craigmore had a well rounded quick attack for a while when they were CD Rugby, Willie Searle was as quick as they get when he was at Two Wells.

Benny Mc bowled a full toss outside off to me that I swung at and the sheer pace seen it slice off and bounce near the entrance of Smithfield Oval, same innings he hit me on the forearm and there was a lump the size of a golf ball on it by the time I got out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:Does Nathan Warren's 4th Grade 1 Hat-trick on the weekend make him one of if not the best bowler the PDCA has ever seen?

Despite the standard being far lower nowadays you can only bowl to who you are up against and a hat trick is a hat trick in any book, 4 of them is just taking the absolute piss.

A tad shy of 500 wickets at an average of under 15 (all but two of his game in Grade 1). Statistically he is the GOAT.

Shane Sonneman was probably the scariest bowler I faced in the PDCA. Tall, strong, angry and very quick.
John Robins was a sharp enough tall lefty who moved the ball well, he made you play every ball you faced.
Stephen Hands was very quick on his day too, he had a pretty good record against us.

Plenty of others I could rate highly too, Drakey was one of the trickiest without being overly quick.

Craigmore had a well rounded quick attack for a while when they were CD Rugby, Willie Searle was as quick as they get when he was at Two Wells.

Benny Mc bowled a full toss outside off to me that I swung at and the sheer pace seen it slice off and bounce near the entrance of Smithfield Oval, same innings he hit me on the forearm and there was a lump the size of a golf ball on it by the time I got out.

Yeah Benny Mc smashed my forearm one day when he was at Riverside bowling with a gale. Clean bowled me the next ball.

Nate Warren is as good as it gets with the ball and an even better bloke. Sadly should have taken those 500 wickets at EP but it was never to be.

Many a great bowler used to get around in the PDCA (still currently have Davies, Carmen, Benny Mc).... Grant Richardson would have to be up there for amount of wickets taken. Reckon he took 50 a year for a few years there.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Executive Member » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

your opinion means nothing, you were a bowler :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby whufc » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:11 am

Johhny Ralph plays game 400 on the weekend for Atco.

Fine servant of the Atco Cricket Club and PDCA.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:44 am

I wonder who took to Craig D'Antonio, unusual to see him go at over 11 an over, I guess his line and length is usually so good that if you backed yourself and got lucky you it can pay off.

Hat's off to Eastern Park, you have to admire their spirit, a few scary bowling figures there but well done to Smokey Dawson at collecting a bowled and an LBW, at a reasonable rate too, good to see young Connor Fiedler showing resilience, good lad.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:29 am

I wonder if PlayHQ will end up showing a proper cricket ladder with two innings results in there? It's so strange looking at the Grade 3 ladder and seeing a team listed with the "most wins" in the season sitting 4th :lol:

Even stranger when it shows Craigmore top with less wins then the 4 sides beneath them haha! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:I wonder if PlayHQ will end up showing a proper cricket ladder with two innings results in there? It's so strange looking at the Grade 3 ladder and seeing a team listed with the "most wins" in the season sitting 4th :lol:

Even stranger when it shows Craigmore top with less wins then the 4 sides beneath them haha! :lol:

I doubt whether it will, I made a slight error when registering the lad, I used the "contact us" function to try and get something changed and they replied 8 weeks later.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I wonder if PlayHQ will end up showing a proper cricket ladder with two innings results in there? It's so strange looking at the Grade 3 ladder and seeing a team listed with the "most wins" in the season sitting 4th :lol:

I doubt whether it will, I made a slight error when registering the lad, I used the "contact us" function to try and get something changed and they replied 8 weeks later.

You are lucky that it only took 8 weeks. When I tried to register early September it came up saying there was an error and I contacted SACA about it. They said I wasn't the only person with the issue and they would contact Play HQ. I am still waiting, just turn up every Saturday do my part and then go home. I am not holding my breathe to when I may register.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:42 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:You are lucky that it only took 8 weeks. When I tried to register early September it came up saying there was an error and I contacted SACA about it. They said I wasn't the only person with the issue and they would contact Play HQ. I am still waiting, just turn up every Saturday do my part and then go home. I am not holding my breathe to when I may register.

I ended up using a different email address, I'll be stuffed if I wanna try and register myself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:52 am

Grade 1
89.9 - Salisbury West
75.5 - Dublin
60.1 - Virginia
49.7 - Angle Vale
------------------------
41.8 - Craigmore
13.5 - Eastern Park

Craigmore finish the last 4 rounds with games against Salisbury West and Dublin, whilst Eastern Park is in between them. Finish the season against Angle Vale, could potentially be the match that decides 4th spot.

That aside, it's hard to see any of the top 3 changing positions.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 am

Grade 2
53.2 - Eyre Royals
51.4 - Enfield
41.9 - Parafield Gardens
41.0 - ATCO
-----------------------------
25.1 - Salisbury West
24.0 - North Pines

You'd have to say the top 4 is settled, Salisbury West would need to have a very big last 4 games to close the points gap - not impossible, but difficult.

Seeding of the top 4 is up for grabs though, Eyre and Parafield have North Pines in the two day stuff, you'd think will be pressing hard for maximum points, whilst Enfield have a difficult end of the year playing 3 of the top 4. ATCO have slipped in recent weeks, but it's the two day stuff they love so expect them to bounce back.

Non-results over the year have kept this division far closer than most would like. Parafield Gardens are a danger side - have some serious hitting ability and after a slow start have won their last 4 including beating all other sides in the top 4 quite comfortably. If they can snag a home final, they'll take some beating.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:06 am

Grade 3
66.5 - Craigmore
65.9 - Angle Vale
65.6 -- North Pines
62.6 - Enfield
-------------------
54.8 - Eyre Royals
41.6 - One Tree Hill
40.3 - Salisbury West
26.2 - Virginia

After the weekends results, this grade has become super tight, and so bloody hard to pick a standout. You'd have to think OTH and Salisbury West are out of the running for finals, being ~20pts off, but both have draws they'd consider favorable on the run home.

Eyre Royals winning on the weekend has put them in the box seat to make the 4, they finish with Virginia in the last round where outright points would be on offer, and will fancy themselves against Salisbury West this weekend.

Enfield have won 7 of 9 matches but look the most vulnerable to miss - finishing with OTH, AV, ER and then Craigmore.

If you banked on sides getting maximum points against Virginia, then North Pines, Salisbury West, OTH and Eyre Royals are the beneficiaries.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:Grade 2
53.2 - Eyre Royals
51.4 - Enfield
41.9 - Parafield Gardens
41.0 - ATCO
-----------------------------
25.1 - Salisbury West
24.0 - North Pines

You'd have to say the top 4 is settled, Salisbury West would need to have a very big last 4 games to close the points gap - not impossible, but difficult.

Seeding of the top 4 is up for grabs though, Eyre and Parafield have North Pines in the two day stuff, you'd think will be pressing hard for maximum points, whilst Enfield have a difficult end of the year playing 3 of the top 4. ATCO have slipped in recent weeks, but it's the two day stuff they love so expect them to bounce back.

Non-results over the year have kept this division far closer than most would like. Parafield Gardens are a danger side - have some serious hitting ability and after a slow start have won their last 4 including beating all other sides in the top 4 quite comfortably. If they can snag a home final, they'll take some beating.

Westies will be dangerous in the two dayers, they have the batters that can stay out there all day, Sewelly can ton up on any given day and their A's are missing players atm.

I reckon Gardens have a better chance on winning outright against the Pines as they score quicker than Royals and Westies, an outright result would come more naturally where Westies and Royals would have to try manufacture one.

ATCO and you guys are the two danger sides IMO, they are far better suited to the two dayers, their massive oval and endless supply of tight bowlers gives them an edge over the others.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby arvoteapig » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:45 pm

This league has gone to a new low, Eastern Park with a second forfeit for the year vs Dublin in GRADE ONE cricket! What a compromised BS scenario when every team is spanking 400+ runs against them and flogging them pocketing extra points. Just compromises the whole integrity of the competition.

The league should have made an executive decision to drop them out of grade one after the first game those results were just absolute writing on the wall and a disgrace.

Then in the Sunday T20 competition another forfeit from Central United and the replacement team is bottom of grade three and not won a game…. The league notifies Dublin of the new team on Friday night at 10pm and had previously said if they didn’t notify the club by Friday around midday it was a cancelled game. Half the blokes work, have families and go away etc when notified it is a forfeit…..

Seriously if you’re not going to do your job and run the league properly just make your position vacant for someone that will. This league is continually seeing good players exit to other leagues like the Barossa and Adelaide Turf… the organisational skills of this current committee is a deadset joke and 99% of the reason why.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Observer55 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:55 pm

arvoteapig wrote:This league has gone to a new low, Eastern Park with a second forfeit for the year vs Dublin in GRADE ONE cricket! What a compromised BS scenario when every team is spanking 400+ runs against them and flogging them pocketing extra points. Just compromises the whole integrity of the competition.

The league should have made an executive decision to drop them out of grade one after the first game those results were just absolute writing on the wall and a disgrace.

Then in the Sunday T20 competition another forfeit from Central United and the replacement team is bottom of grade three and not won a game…. The league notifies Dublin of the new team on Friday night at 10pm and had previously said if they didn’t notify the club by Friday around midday it was a cancelled game. Half the blokes work, have families and go away etc when notified it is a forfeit…..

Seriously if you’re not going to do your job and run the league properly just make your position vacant for someone that will. This league is continually seeing good players exit to other leagues like the Barossa and Adelaide Turf… the organisational skills of this current committee is a deadset joke and 99% of the reason why.

Think of the fuel, won't somebody think of the fuel?

5 team A Grade/Div One comp says all you need to know about this competition and the future viability. Churches, Suburban and now looking likely to be Para Districts...
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps