Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:21 am

niCe_gARRy wrote:First time poster so no hate please. :)

What’s everyone’s thoughts on season ending we go back and look at some clubs and there players that did not to well and some that did well?

Conor MC player for the future for SA
Nielsen will be the goods
Pengelley is a dangerous player

My thoughts that the rising ‘stars’ have to be O’Connell of cause but Ben Atkinson was amazing from the get go, could be a potential SA quick given the right chances!! Bailey Capel and Henry Dall look like the next couples players coming through. Bailey may need to carry WT next couple years if drew/Spencer/smith don’t play due to state stuff. WT really struggled this year without Spencer and looked like renshaw and Williams had to carry the quicks. Williams really didn’t impress me this year, he could be a player playing a level to high. Really relies on Spencer and renshaw to carry him through games......

Welcome aboard NG :D , looking forward to your insightful input into all things PC
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby bowled » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Yeah I've scanned the databases of The Age, the New York Times and The Advertiser and I just cannot find a link to this supposed suspension.

Or any other Adelaide grade cricket suspension for that matter, in any media source in the world.

Few posters choking on their Weet Bix this morning. Page 52 - Ben Hook's column.

Bernhardt said SACA had never seen a case of tampering. I cannot recall any incident during my 15 years at SACA that have been referred to the Commisioner and I am also confident that there has not been any convictions. During my time I do recall some speculation. However the level of evidence provided on that occasion was not sufficient for the Grade Cricket Committe to refer it.

So Tony Clifton, you can be the first to apologise for your smart arse post above. I then await everyone else who jumped on E14 bandwagon to post an apology and I'll screen dump and email to my man Gats.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Pom Cockbain from ET caught a few years back?!
bowled
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Quite a few new posters bobbing up. Good to see!

Hopefully plenty more dirt and rumours to be uncovered. And more slanging matches between clubs. Will make the boring winter fly by!

I heard a whisper that every single B, C and D Grader in the competition thinks they're being played too low
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Are Uni looking for a coach too?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby bowl100 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Hearing that an a grade keeper has sought a move 'home' but it being held back by a parent...
bowl100
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Slidingdoors » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:48 pm

bowl100 wrote:Hearing that an a grade keeper has sought a move 'home' but it being held back by a parent...

Can confirm this is likely can’t see Roach lasting too much longer in the 1s, however he could also take up an offer at an Eastern club $$$$
Slidingdoors
Mini-League

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Random collection of unheralded players who did goodishly at cricket this season:

Adelaide - Alex Reardon. Not sure his keeping is as consistent as he'd like but has improved his batting a lot. Made some handy runs.
East Torrens - Daniel Leigh. Keeps getting A Grade batsmen out.
Glenelg - Daniel Clarke. Has become a seriously good bowler after an apprenticeship in the Bs. Got some decent pace. Under-bowled in the semi I reckon. After Bowering got hit out of the attack they went back to Tonkin who's not as good. Not sure if Clarke was injured?
Kensington - Scott Aufderheide. Genuine swing bowler. Good to see a few of them around. Seemed to always chip in with a few wickets.
Northern Districts - Cameron Laird. Tough year for the Jets but this kid came in and did alright. Tall, decent action. Plenty of upside.
Port Adelaide - Richard Carter. Under-rated spin bowler. Seems to get over the top of them as well as any finger spinner in the competition.
Prospect - Will Daniel. Honest toiler and moves the ball around a bit.
Southern Districts - Shaun Tanner. Not a new player and has been captain but reinvented as an opening batsman and frontline spinner. Did some damage. Not sure that he turned one but seemed to pick up wickets.
Sturt - O'Connell has earned the plaudits and rightly so but fellow tyro Thomas Kelly is an absolute GUN. As good a young batsman as I've seen come through in the last 10 years.
Tea Tree Gully - Ben Atkinson. Big fella with a knack for taking wickets. Hits the seam and makes the batters play. Really good new ball bowler. Just what the Gullies needed with Haberfield & Winter finishing over the last few seasons and Brad Evans getting older.
University - Peter Wilson. One of the few guys that has been around the club for a while, churned out quite a few runs.
West Torrens - Daniel Drew. Not an unheralded player but got better numbers than last year but barely rated a mention.
Woodville - Jacob Dickman. Andrews, McInerney & Nielsen take the plaudits but this guy is a dangerous player coming in after them. One of the recruits of the year.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Aeropti » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:27 pm

bowl100 wrote:Hearing that an a grade keeper has sought a move 'home' but it being held back by a parent...

Not the only keeper returning to their junior club is what I'm hearing
Aeropti

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Aeropti » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Random collection of unheralded players who did goodishly at cricket this season:

Adelaide - Alex Reardon. Not sure his keeping is as consistent as he'd like but has improved his batting a lot. Made some handy runs.
East Torrens - Daniel Leigh. Keeps getting A Grade batsmen out.
Glenelg - Daniel Clarke. Has become a seriously good bowler after an apprenticeship in the Bs. Got some decent pace. Under-bowled in the semi I reckon. After Bowering got hit out of the attack they went back to Tonkin who's not as good. Not sure if Clarke was injured?
Kensington - Scott Aufderheide. Genuine swing bowler. Good to see a few of them around. Seemed to always chip in with a few wickets.
Northern Districts - Cameron Laird. Tough year for the Jets but this kid came in and did alright. Tall, decent action. Plenty of upside.
Port Adelaide - Richard Carter. Under-rated spin bowler. Seems to get over the top of them as well as any finger spinner in the competition.
Prospect - Will Daniel. Honest toiler and moves the ball around a bit.
Southern Districts - Shaun Tanner. Not a new player and has been captain but reinvented as an opening batsman and frontline spinner. Did some damage. Not sure that he turned one but seemed to pick up wickets.
Sturt - O'Connell has earned the plaudits and rightly so but fellow tyro Thomas Kelly is an absolute GUN. As good a young batsman as I've seen come through in the last 10 years.
Tea Tree Gully - Ben Atkinson. Big fella with a knack for taking wickets. Hits the seam and makes the batters play. Really good new ball bowler. Just what the Gullies needed with Haberfield & Winter finishing over the last few seasons and Brad Evans getting older.
University - Peter Wilson. One of the few guys that has been around the club for a while, churned out quite a few runs.
West Torrens - Daniel Drew. Not an unheralded player but got better numbers than last year but barely rated a mention.
Woodville - Jacob Dickman. Andrews, McInerney & Nielsen take the plaudits but this guy is a dangerous player coming in after them. One of the recruits of the year.

Good list, depending on how much importance you place on 'unheralded' I would suggest Takos from Adelaide, Watson from Sturt and Slee from West Torrens as replacements for the guys who have been around state senior and or \junior setups.
Aeropti

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby bowl100 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16 am

Aeropti wrote:

Not the only keeper returning to their junior club is what I'm hearing

This is also true, I think this one will turn out to be a good reacquisition for this club, I'm told he was very keen and jumped back as soon as the chance was there
Last edited by bowl100 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bowl100
Mini-League

Postby JacksonStorm » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 am

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Yeah I've scanned the databases of The Age, the New York Times and The Advertiser and I just cannot find a link to this supposed suspension.

Or any other Adelaide grade cricket suspension for that matter, in any media source in the world.

Few posters choking on their Weet Bix this morning. Page 52 - Ben Hook's column.

Bernhardt said SACA had never seen a case of tampering. I cannot recall any incident during my 15 years at SACA that have been referred to the Commisioner and I am also confident that there has not been any convictions. During my time I do recall some speculation. However the level of evidence provided on that occasion was not sufficient for the Grade Cricket Committe to refer it.

So Tony Clifton, you can be the first to apologise for your smart arse post above. I then await everyone else who jumped on E14 bandwagon to post an apology and I'll screen dump and email to my man Gats.

Didn't say there had been

But lack of "a link" isn't anything because there are no links and I'm pretty sure that's not because no player has ever been suspended for anything before.

Think you will find the Umpires decided to let sleeping dogs lie as at the time Joe held a County Contract and left before the season was completed. In hindsight maybe they shouldn't have. Back then Northern Districts and East Torrens were being watched continually and I can recall East Torrens getting their knickers in a knot over being warned in a One Day Semi Final. The carry on that day cost one of their First Class players a Shield match due to a suspension.

Firstly, I have been given some instead information from a reliable source from Northern's. Joe Gatting has never been reported or investigated for ball tampering (Eagles - a family member knows the umpire who 'reported' Joe and I am afraid he does not recall this). He did not have a county contract to go home to as he has not played professional cricket since 2015. I am under the impression he visits Adelaide as his partner (i think wife) family lives here. Additionally, I have been told Joe Gatting was recommended to move clubs by senior players and coaches at Northern's. I understand a member of the Northerns board approached TTG. There has been a lot of negative chat aimed a Joe - my source tells me he is one of the nicest blokes you will meet. In my humble opinion and backed up by my source, people on this forum are very bitter that such a great bloke and cricketer moved clubs for family reasons. He was not out in Australia to play cricket, he was visiting family.

Secondary, I have been informed by the same source the Mark Cosgrove payments to play for Northerns, and captaincy will be withdrawn next season. The senior players and coaching team do not have many positive words to describe Marks professionalism over the past 3 seasons. They are currently holding meetings with senior players to discuss this matter.

Lastly, to go back to ball tampering. Northern played Glenelg and it's been suggested an MR CHAD SAYERS has tampered with the ball. I have been informed that they have never seen a ball in such a state. Mark Cosgrove tweeted the ball - well worth a look.

I have been monitoring this forum for the past 4 months and am astounded to hear such rubbish. It took me under 10 minutes to get some facts together from a reliable source at Northerns and speaking to the umpire in question to Jo's myth report. Please get the facts out there and not make up rumours to get your own troubles of your back - the truth always comes out and it does make people look silly.
JacksonStorm
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 am

JacksonStorm wrote: Firstly, I have been given some instead information from a reliable source from Northern's. Joe Gatting has never been reported or investigated for ball tampering (Eagles - a family member knows the umpire who 'reported' Joe and I am afraid he does not recall this). He did not have a county contract to go home to as he has not played professional cricket since 2015. I am under the impression he visits Adelaide as his partner (i think wife) family lives here. Additionally, I have been told Joe Gatting was recommended to move clubs by senior players and coaches at Northern's. I understand a member of the Northerns board approached TTG. There has been a lot of negative chat aimed a Joe - my source tells me he is one of the nicest blokes you will meet. In my humble opinion and backed up by my source, people on this forum are very bitter that such a great bloke and cricketer moved clubs for family reasons. He was not out in Australia to play cricket, he was visiting family.

Secondary, I have been informed by the same source the Mark Cosgrove payments to play for Northerns, and captaincy will be withdrawn next season. The senior players and coaching team do not have many positive words to describe Marks professionalism over the past 3 seasons. They are currently holding meetings with senior players to discuss this matter.

Lastly, to go back to ball tampering. Northern played Glenelg and it's been suggested an MR CHAD SAYERS has tampered with the ball. I have been informed that they have never seen a ball in such a state. Mark Cosgrove tweeted the ball - well worth a look.

I have been monitoring this forum for the past 4 months and am astounded to hear such rubbish. It took me under 10 minutes to get some facts together from a reliable source at Northerns and speaking to the umpire in question to Jo's myth report. Please get the facts out there and not make up rumours to get your own troubles of your back - the truth always comes out and it does make people look silly.

:shock:

You'd want to be right.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Hound » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 pm

I have been monitoring this forum for the past 4 months and am astounded to hear such rubbish. It took me under 10 minutes to get some facts together from a reliable source at Northerns and speaking to the umpire in question to Jo's myth report. Please get the facts out there and not make up rumours to get your own troubles of your back - the truth always comes out and it does make people look silly.[/quote]

First of all JS can you spell his name right :roll:
From the band The Cruel Sea - Then the officer said Better get a lawyer, son you better get a real good one :oops:
As you were no doubt at the game, can you please enlighten us on the circumstances around the ball also getting wet on the day. Umpires inspected the ball and gave the all clear. Look forward to your footage of any Glenelg players tampering with the ball in your evidence.
Couldn't of been to bad as ND's lower order made some runs facing it :o
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Do the amateur league publish all their tribunal decisions?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Do the amateur league publish all their tribunal decisions?
Yes
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby bowl100 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:38 pm

IMG_1230.JPG
This is the ball in question....
IMG_1230.JPG (253.38 KiB) Viewed 704 times

This is the ball in question... I have no idea how this would even happen personally
bowl100
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Looks fine to me :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:Looks fine to me :lol:

What's the rough side like?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Knife.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Knife.

Nothing that a bit of yellow sticky tape wouldn't fix....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps