PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will play off in this season's Grade 1 GF?

Central United
9%
Craigmore
3%
Eastern Park
8%
One Tree Hill
17%
Riverside
4%
Rose & Crown
27%
Salisbury West
27%
Virginia
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Zartan wrote:If C&CCA folded tomorrow.. would suspect PDCA would get Para Vista (2), Fitzroy (3), Enfield (6), Rose Park (2) and possibly NEK (2).. that would straight away strengthen Grade 2 and below, all those clubs A Grade's wouldn't be out of place in Grade 2/3 and probably better than some other sides.

6x team divisions then would be very good - would create more grades, and those clubs named above account for almost 3x divisions on their own, means that there would be a lot more work required to get to the top grade, which is good for everyone.

Last year was a prime example of the massive gap in Grade 2, it's been more competitive this season but I'm not a fan of seeing club's A Grade playing other clubs B Grades, further down the grades I don't see it being an issue though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Barry » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:57 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Barry wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Barry wrote:You see Gardens coming back to the pack that much? Big gap to close.

Although they have performed very well for the season so far, they still have to play arguably the 3 most successful over the past couple of years , all away and two of them are two dayers, Virginia and Westies both play the two bottom sides and Virginia meet Riverside in the last round where football trials might take preference to playing a dead rubber.
I hope I'm wrong, the Gardens have been a revelation and have struggled in Grade 1 every time they've been up there since the 90's, being a former player I'd love to see them take the flag out, it would do wonders for the comp too which had huge gaps between the top few teams and the bottom few only a few years ago.

Yep fair points there, I hope your wrong as well.

Be nice to finish the year with a bang.

My first year at the club and have loved it, good bunch of blokes. How long ago were you there?

If only you posted this much when you were at Rose Park winning flags!

Haha I never had a log in when we were winning flags, still the only premiership teams I've been involved in.

Some people collect stamps, Rose Park collect premierships. Riddle on the money.
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Amaretti » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Zartan wrote:If C&CCA folded tomorrow.. would suspect PDCA would get Para Vista (2), Fitzroy (3), Enfield (6), Rose Park (2) and possibly NEK (2).. that would straight away strengthen Grade 2 and below, all those clubs A Grade's wouldn't be out of place in Grade 2/3 and probably better than some other sides.

6x team divisions then would be very good - would create more grades, and those clubs named above account for almost 3x divisions on their own, means that there would be a lot more work required to get to the top grade, which is good for everyone.

As a current superstar of the lower divisions i am def an advocate for this to happen asap. Trying to convince my old club to jump but id dare say itd be 1 in all in.
Amaretti

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby carey » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Going on 2013/14 CCCA A grade sides

NEK, RP, Adel Luth, PV all wouldn't lose a game in div 3 undefeated premiers. Obviously if they didn't play each other.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 am

carey wrote:[Going on 2013/14 CCCA A grade sides
NEK, RP, Adel Luth, PV all wouldn't lose a game in div 3 undefeated premiers. Obviously if they didn't play each other.

The year Fitzroy played Enfield in the GF? And you've listed every side but those two? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4045 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:55 am

Hypothetically speaking.. based on current gradings etc.. (does not include the one day comps lol)

Grade 1
1. Parafield Gardens 'A'
2. ATCO 'A'
3. Virginia 'A'
4. Salisbury West 'A'
5. Angle Vale 'A'
6. Central United 'A'

Grade 2
1. Craigmore 'A'
2. Riverside 'A'
3. Eastern Park 'A'
4. One Tree Hill 'A'
5. Dublin 'A'
6. North Eastern Knights 'A'

Grade 3
1. Adelaide Warriors 'A'
2. Salisbury North 'A'
3. Rose Park 'A'
4. Enfield 'A'
5. Fitzroy 'A'
6. Para Vista 'A'

Grade 4
1. Two Wells 'A'
2. Salisbury West 'B'
3. Central United 'B'
4. Angle Vale 'B'
5. Smithfield 'A'
6. Craigmore 'B'

Grade 5
1. ATCO 'B'
2. One Tree Hill 'B'
3. Parafield Gardens 'B'
4. Enfield 'B'
5. North Pines 'A'
6. Eastern Park 'B'

Grade 6
1. Salisbury North 'B'
2. Angle Vale 'C'
3. Enfield 'C'
4. ATCO 'C'
5. North Pines 'B'
6. Para Vista 'B'
7. Fitzroy 'C'
8. Rose & Crown 'A'

Grade 7
1. Fitzroy 'B'
2. Riverside 'B'
3. North Eastern Knights 'B'
4. Craigmore 'C'
5. Central United 'C'
6. One Tree Hill 'C'
7. Enfield 'D'
8. Rose Park 'B'
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby moriachi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:37 am

Very interesting concept. Looking into my crystal ball i can see Bedgegood or Skelly doing a Bruce Weber and going it alone and then have the others follow. Cant see a total movement/merger/takeover in the near future.
moriachi

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:44 am

moriachi wrote:Very interesting concept. Looking into my crystal ball i can see Bedgegood or Skelly doing a Bruce Weber and going it alone and then have the others follow. Cant see a total movement/merger/takeover in the near future.

This is correct, once one of the larger clubs move, the rest will be forced to follow - don't rule out the chances of it being Adelaide Lutheran moving to Adelaide & Suburban either. Enfield will remain committed to C&CCA until the end, but have begun transitioning to PDCA - with two sides currently, and that's a chance to increase to 3 next year with the introduction of a 7th Enfield side...
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am

Zartan wrote:
moriachi wrote:Very interesting concept. Looking into my crystal ball i can see Bedgegood or Skelly doing a Bruce Weber and going it alone and then have the others follow. Cant see a total movement/merger/takeover in the near future.

This is correct, once one of the larger clubs move, the rest will be forced to follow - don't rule out the chances of it being Adelaide Lutheran moving to Adelaide & Suburban either. Enfield will remain committed to C&CCA until the end, but have begun transitioning to PDCA - with two sides currently, and that's a chance to increase to 3 next year with the introduction of a 7th Enfield side...

I see you left Lutheran out, I'd say that they might have trouble gaining entry into to PDCA given their location, the 65 kilometre trip to Dublin would be fun.
At a quick glance I'd push North Pines up to Grade 4 at the expense of Craigmore B's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby moriachi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:01 am

Lutheran would def go south imo.
moriachi

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I see you left Lutheran out, I'd say that they might have trouble gaining entry into to PDCA given their location, the 65 kilometre trip to Dublin would be fun.
At a quick glance I'd push North Pines up to Grade 4 at the expense of Craigmore B's.

Adelaide Lutheran would definitely go to Adelaide & Suburban.
Seaton and Magill-Morialta would likely fold, Never2Late may well play PDCA if they could get a ground closer to the northern suburbs, otherwise they may disband.

I did consider the North Pines one - just wasn't sure the standard of their side, and figured if they struggle they'll end up down anyway haha
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I see you left Lutheran out, I'd say that they might have trouble gaining entry into to PDCA given their location, the 65 kilometre trip to Dublin would be fun.

Adelaide Lutheran would definitely go to Adelaide & Suburban.
Seaton and Magill-Morialta would likely fold, Never2Late may well play PDCA if they could get a ground closer to the northern suburbs, otherwise they may disband.

I did consider the North Pines one - just wasn't sure the standard of their side, and figured if they struggle they'll end up down anyway haha

Can you please elaborate the Never2late club? I couldn't find that suburb in my Gregory's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Can you please elaborate the Never2late club? I couldn't find that suburb in my Gregory's.

LOL - group of Indian lads who play in the Indian competition over winter (you know when you drive past grounds on Sunday mornings and they're playing their games), don't ask me where the name came from for Never2Late, but they mostly live around the Oakden area but the only ground they could get when they entered was Adelaide Lutheran's 2nd ground.
Actually very competitive in our Div .. and love their cricket
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:40 am

Quick question, you are rating NEK higher than a club that has won 3 out of the last 4 Div 1 flags?
The Informer
Reserves

Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:28 pm

The_Informer wrote:Quick question, you are rating NEK higher than a club that has won 3 out of the last 4 Div 1 flags?

Nope, not at all - infact take Mills & Atkins out and I think they're a very ordinary group.. I was just putting the C&CCA clubs down in no particular order.

Rose Park would rightfully deserve to be placed higher than any other C&CCA side if they went to PDCA.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Barry » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Zartan wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Quick question, you are rating NEK higher than a club that has won 3 out of the last 4 Div 1 flags?

Nope, not at all - infact take Mills & Atkins out and I think they're a very ordinary group.. I was just putting the C&CCA clubs down in no particular order.

Rose Park would rightfully deserve to be placed higher than any other C&CCA side if they went to PDCA.

Having seen Rose Park first hand and now Div 1 PDCA, they would more than hold their own in this comp.
Barry
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Barry wrote:Having seen Rose Park first hand and now Div 1 PDCA, they would more than hold their own in this comp.

Only reason they (or any other C&CCA side) are so low on my list, is I doubt that PDCA would allow clubs to enter in the highest div.. they'd need to start low and work their way up... I'm sure none of the current Div 1 clubs would be keen to move aside for new comers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Trav send some down to Div 2 or 3 batters
The Informer
Reserves

Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Barry » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:53 pm

The_Informer wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Trav send some down to Div 2 or 3 batters

Haha wouldn't be much left standing
Barry
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 pm

The_Informer wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Trav send some down to Div 2 or 3 batters

Ray Ray Smith and Ian Williamson aren't too shabby in div 2.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps