Para Districts Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will win the Grade 1 Grand Final?

Rose & Crown
57%
Brahma Lodge
43%

Total votes : 54

Re: Para Districts Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm

wow papas i must of really got under your skin, how exciting is it going to be when you get into grade 1 hey?? just introduce yourself to me so i know who you are :roll:
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:53 pm

unknown source wrote:
catchit wrote:and for the record jim beat the bat 23 times a game as well.. better comp this year so more blokes will snick them..
GO YOU ROSIES..

who will it be the season after?

what grade are rosies B grade with these new players there B grade should do alright

not only our b grade mate but even our d grade in div 8, come to think of it you will get a good look at them..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby custardarm » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 pm

catchit wrote:wow papas i must of really got under your skin, how exciting is it going to be when you get into grade 1 hey?? just introduce yourself to me so i know who you are :roll:

yeah where did it go , they could of kept my witty retort haha
custardarm
Reserves

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 pm

custardarm wrote:
catchit wrote:wow papas i must of really got under your skin, how exciting is it going to be when you get into grade 1 hey?? just introduce yourself to me so i know who you are :roll:

yeah where did it go , they could of kept my witty retort haha

haha yeah hey.. loved the hands over the eyes
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby broca011 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:09 pm

don't worry, he will find you!! Papas, he's easy to find... just look for the old man on crutches :D
broca011
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby fanta » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:22 pm

talk the talk but cant walk the walk? literally
fanta
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby catchit » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 pm

fanta wrote:talk the talk but cant walk the walk? literally

apparently has a very good change of pace :roll: its goes from slow to very slow..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby catchit » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:34 pm

i see the rose and crown faithful have been busy.. big banner on the club rooms... welcome home jimmy from rose and crown... :lol:
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby catchit » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:36 pm

just seen fraka on his way down there to change it to... jimmy where the bloody hell are ya..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby cricket4life » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 pm

wont be hard to work out which one he is catchit. it will be the bloke who drops his head n walks back to mark with nothin to say once uve just sent his ''''change of pace'''' over the boundary for yet another time. thats if craigmore manage to drag themselves out of grade 2, and whether papas will make it into their side
cricket4life

Postby duck-mann » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Not a lot of noise coming coming from Smithfield lately... any news on ins and outs down there??

and surely Parafield would have to be knocking on a few doors looking to pick up 1 or 2. Big step up to Grade 1...

would have thought with these 2 going up there would have been a bit of recruiting going on at both clubs
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby bulldogs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 am

catchit wrote:just seen fraka on his way down there to change it to... jimmy where the bloody hell are ya..

wasnt just fracka, all the IFDCC are headn down there to torch the banner.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:56 am

bulldogs wrote:
catchit wrote:just seen fraka on his way down there to change it to... jimmy where the bloody hell are ya..

:lol: :lol: so much love! :heart: :heart: think abt the positives of jimmy leaving.. no more of all the drunken antics and early morning phone calls :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bulldogs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

:lol: :lol: so much love! :heart: :heart: think abt the positives of jimmy leaving.. no more of all the drunken antics and early morning phone calls :P

plenty of love. no positives to come out of it
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 pm

bulldogs wrote:plenty of love. no positives to come out of it

Is it true you may have secured the services of a certain Gepps Cross player? Will be a handy replacement im sure.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby sports follower » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm

duck-mann wrote:Not a lot of noise coming coming from Smithfield lately... any news on ins and outs down there??

and surely Parafield would have to be knocking on a few doors looking to pick up 1 or 2. Big step up to Grade 1...

would have thought with these 2 going up there would have been a bit of recruiting going on at both clubs

Maybe they are looking to fly under the radar.

Or keeping their cards close to their chest and let their actions do the talking not like some clubs or individuals on here.
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby SmithyOTH » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:17 pm

catchit wrote:
norm11 wrote:
duck-mann wrote:
cricket4life wrote:any clubs started any training yet??

One Tree Hill had their first indoor session last Thursday and will be training @ 7pm every Thursday at St Jays recreation center until the end of August (I think :-k )

Wow that's keen. It's good to be keen don't get me wrong but you can start to early. Only my opinion of course

find it hard to see how there could be a disavantage in starting to early... pretty sure the OTH boys are not doing a AFL pre season, some teams start there game of cricket a hour or so before a game, and when its hot it becomes a case of starting to early.... IMO of course ;)

OTH's training is nothing full on. not compulsary either. just who ever wants a hit to get them selves prepared for the coming season. I dont think hardly any of the A grade train. Thurs nights there is either footy training going on or Indoor superleague training happening. I went to the first session. Might have to take this super league leg spinning stuff to the out door arena lol.

watch out Huey. lol
SmithyOTH
Under 16s

Postby SmithyOTH » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:18 pm

sports follower wrote:
duck-mann wrote:
cricket4life wrote:any clubs started any training yet??

One Tree Hill had their first indoor session last Thursday and will be training @ 7pm every Thursday at St Jays recreation center until the end of August (I think :-k )

Also hear on the rumour mill OTH trying to get 4 senior side for the upcoming season.

Any truth Duckmann??

the rumour is true. wont know until training officially starts and we can see how many numbers we have
SmithyOTH
Under 16s

Postby SmithyOTH » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm

catchit wrote:
unknown source wrote:
catchit wrote:a friday night out with mates and a bit of a chat on the phone and PDCA has just become a bit stronger, looking like being a good comp this year with a few clubs recruiting well.. still find it very hard to see sals west losing but there will be a few more teams than lastyear trying to knock them off..

they lost this year

oh sorry i only count games that count :roll:

Catchit, that loss counted in my book mate :)
SmithyOTH
Under 16s

Postby catchit » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:30 pm

sports follower wrote:
duck-mann wrote:Not a lot of noise coming coming from Smithfield lately... any news on ins and outs down there??

Maybe they are looking to fly under the radar.

Or keeping their cards close to their chest and let their actions do the talking not like some clubs or individuals on here.

yeah well what a thrilling forum this would be if everyone held there cards to there chest :roll:
papas put his cards on the table very early, but unfortunately just like in poker he is out of the contest, pretty hard to get on here and bag people after playing div 2 for so many years... poor papas...

hey papas!! just a tip... the best change of pace is a effort ball at the top of off stump...
catchit
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps