Port Pirie Cricket Asociation

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Port Pirie Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Ok gtg perhaps you could organise a time for us train at YOUR nets, I'm prepared to be a member if that is what it takes, get back to me, please keep your answer simple
whichgrade
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

PPLions wrote:
PS they aren't 'club sa' nets, they're 'Ports" nets assisted with the generosity of Clubs SA and MEMBERS.

Everyone wants bang for their buck and Ports thanks Clubs SA for their generosity wholeheartedly!!
We all realise who actually owns Aami Stadium dont we. Same thing!
Attachments
aami.jpg
aami.jpg (224.3 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Go the greens

Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 pm

whichgrade wrote:Ok gtg perhaps you could organise a time for us train at YOUR nets, I'm prepared to be a member if that is what it takes, get back to me, please keep your answer simple

It needs to be simple!
1st They arent my nets, they are Ports, (we continue to struggle with this dont we)
2nd Risdons were already told exactly what they needed to do-follow those instructions like every club that uses Ports facilities
3rd You must actually be prepared to train

Tough I know. Surely you should be able not help build it, not help maintain it, not be a member, not support the club and just lob up anytime you want to use it! Where is the justice in todays world?!
Go the greens

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Bullshit gtg they are your nets
Go the greens wrote:
whichgrade wrote:Ok gtg perhaps you could organise a time for us train at YOUR nets, I'm prepared to be a member if that is what it takes, get back to me, please keep your answer simple

It needs to be simple!
1st They arent my nets, they are Ports, (we continue to struggle with this dont we)
2nd Risdons were already told exactly what they needed to do-follow those instructions like every club that uses Ports facilities

Tough I know. Surely you should be able not help build it, not help maintain it, not be a member, not support the club and just lob up anytime you want to use it! Where is the justice in todays world!
Go the greens wrote:

It needs to be simple!

Tough I know. Surely you should be able not help build it, not help maintain it, not be a member, not support the club and just lob up anytime you want to use it! Where is the justice in todays world!

I think you would find that Risdon and other clubs would obviously be prepared to help maintain the pitches...however Steve Murph rolls them 50 times a day minimum so there wouldn't be much point in anyone else rolling the pitches.....It would also be fair to assume that those that train would go and buy a powerade from the rooms after a session. I am a member of the club....
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Go the greens wrote:

It needs to be simple!

Tough I know. Surely you should be able not help build it, not help maintain it, not be a member, not support the club and just lob up anytime you want to use it! Where is the justice in todays world?!

did you ask any other clubs to help you build them, we are part of the community and your a community club, ill help you maintain the hard wicket training nets if you want

Sorry I didn't realise clubs sa sponsored the port football club
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby slogging succliffe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Well said go the greens

The world is full of free riders and i dont why risdon are complaining ive never ever seen their A grade train during the year.

South-port B grade is quite strong this year and will push for the title after all we have the bowler with the best slower ball in pirie!!!
slogging succliffe

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 pm

slogging succliffe wrote:Well said go the greens

The world is full of free riders and i dont why risdon are complaining ive never ever seen their A grade train during the year.

South-port B grade is quite strong this year and will push for the title after all we have the bowler with the best slower ball in pirie!!!

Yeah our a grade really only train for the finals, you might not know much about that
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

hahahaha that stuff is a scream. But......just wait until you retire from cricket and take up bowls - a la- George Branford - and you join either Port Pirie or BHAS clubs. This kindergarten stuff you are all squibbling over will pale into insignificance when you get into lawn bowls in Pirie.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Port Pirie Red ftw!
Squids
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Squids wrote:Port Pirie Red ftw!

Que?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 pm

whichgrade wrote:did you ask any other clubs to help you build them, we are part of the community and your a community club, ill help you maintain the hard wicket training nets if you want
Sorry I didn't realise clubs sa sponsored the port football club

This is really getting old but one last time for you wg
did you ask any other clubs to help you build them, we are part of the community and your a community club
Originally Port offered sponsorship to the whole league (the whole community if you like :) ) and this was rejected by the ppca, their choice and thats fair enough.
That is why eventually Wandearah then SouthPort were sponsored by Port and use the oval as their home ground in exchange for patronage and to help build & maintain the facilities. Now its there & its clearly pissing you guys off :lol:

Sorry I didn't realise clubs sa sponsored the port football club Apology accepted. What did you think the sign was there for? As explained before, and i will type it again slowly now for you, they put up money in the form of a grant for the building of the nets and they are happily acknowledged for that.

Thats my last comment on it, hopefully its got through. Come on, lets talk cricket!!!!!?
Go the greens

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 pm

What are the nominations this year- same as last I imagine. Here is my opinion for what its worth.
In the A Grade Props will start very warm favourites for back to back- have a good side, but as always it needs to be done.
Wandies would still be next on games won last year but will be a lot more inexperienced than previous years and this may take time.
Risdon will be up and down as tehre training habits doesnt suit consistency but their best is excellent and rumoured to have a gun recruit to unveil. Will be about the mark if in form late in the year and Twiggy is still there to bat bowl and keep.
SouthPort will have a good bowling attack but need some batting strength. Interesting if BB brings any others with him?
Sollies will be better and will suprise from time to time which will be good for the comp. Still see them being in the bottom two of a very even comp.

In the Champions League it should be quite even also with Sollies/Props/Risdon/Bats making the four for mine.
Sollies have stumbled big time in the business end and not won anything for years, some more A graders will mean their b's improve too. Risdon are a good even side but losing some from reports. Bats will be back as their whole club is wrapped up in just one team and Props have the strongest overall A/B group it pains me to say.
Hopefully Strykers and Pt Germein improve and I think Wandies and SP will be mid to lower table.

I'll go Props and Sollies! Probably nowhere near :lol:

Are the programs out?
Go the greens

Postby Squids » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

Do Southport actually help maintain the nets? I only ever see Steve Murphy on the roller.... which is every time I am driving down Wandearah Rd....
Squids
Coach

Postby PPLions » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am

With just over a week to go until the start of the season I'll begin my 2011-12 Team by Team Preview.
I'll commence with the reigning premiers:
Props A Grade
Strengths:
Well pretty well everything. Very very strong top order, quality veteran batsmen in the middle order, and a bowling line up with good quicks and the best spin bowler in the region.
This team is packed full of confidence, are reigning premiers, and start the season as red hot favourites to go back to back after smashing Risdon in the Grand Final.
Weaknesses:
Well there arent any obvious ones. The batting line does seem to be a bit susceptible to genuine pace as we have seen in a few recent grand finals against Ports. Still rely heavily on Smon Fuchs to take wickets.
Question marks:
Will Tyson Horsnell play?
Will some of the veterans ask to play a bigger role this year after taking a back seat to win the flag?
Will Kane Wallace turn up on time?
Will they do a well as Risdon would have in the 20/20 Comp at Whyalla?
Will the team's depth be tested with possible depatures from the past fews years' A grade squad in sedunary, Oliphant and perhaps Wade and Makai?
How will the team back up the following week after Mal selects all 11 to play in the combined side?
Will the quality of the esky decrease now that Craig Oliphant is playing B grade. Seriously have you seen how cool Props' esky is? There is some talk they will "park" it outside Memorial and it will operate as a drive-thru bottle-o this season. 10/10 for the esky that's what I'm saying.
Best Grewar medal chance:
I'm not sure if Simon Fuchs has done well in the Grewar before but I think he is a bit of a smokey this year. He is due.
This team has an unnamed player similar to this well known cricketer:
Luke Pomersbach
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Diddy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:35 pm

PPLions wrote:This team has an unnamed player similar to this well known cricketer:
Luke Pomersbach

Batting style - Leigh Warwick

Tendency not to turn up - Kane Wallace
You stay classy Booleroo Centre
Diddy
Rookie

Postby PPLions » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Next is last year's runner-up:
Risdon A Grade
Strengths:
A close knit group. Not intimidated by other teams. Steady bowling and batting line ups. Play well on hard wicket. Dont seem to rely on one player in particular to fire. Good fielding team. Well led by Zac Hutchinson.
Weaknesses:
Commitment to training could improve. Need a genuinely quick bowler. The bowling line up is a bit too similar at times. Depth can be an issue. If the top order fails then sometimes the team is dismissed for very low scores (see Grand Final).
Question marks:
Will Jarrad Adams and Geoff Twigden play?
Have Risdon in fact secured the quick bowler they need?
Will some of the B Grade players step out of the Champions League and play A Grade when required?
Will this team train? Where will they train? Are they members of the Port Sporting and Community Club? Do they need to be? Can they train at Aami Stadium?
How will the players combine playing cricket with their Kitchen commitments at the Risdon Hotel?
When will Gator Girth introduce "Gator Gumbo" onto the menu?
Will they once again be the "wrong team" into the Grand Final?
Will any of the Pines get a haircut during the course of the year?
Will Kai Solomon continue to play through adversity and serious injury every game?
Will Dan Pine blossom into the best batsman in Port Pirie?
Best Grewar medal chance:
Brad "Grewar"Pine.
This team has an unnamed player similar to this well known cricketer:
Shane Watson (in his early years)
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Go the greens » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 pm

:lol: Very well done PPL!!
Go the greens

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Go the greens wrote::lol: Very well done PPL!!

+1

You would expect to get lucky every time you bought the missus Gator Gumbo.
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby Go the greens » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:You would expect to get lucky every time you bought the missus Gator Gumbo.

Then Gator Gumbo's for me, I need all the help I can get!
Go the greens

Postby letsbehonest » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

only person that i am aware of that has signed up for any of the clubs in pirie cricket is sedunary from props to sollies even tho with his work costing him plenty of games he will be a handy pick up for them young lads.
letsbehonest
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Pt Pirie Lions

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps