Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2011-12

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2011-12

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 pm

EldersUniSA wrote:I was just hoping to gauge your thoughts on the differences between the standard of cricket between the lower two day cricket divisions and the LO cricket divisions.

Reason being we have nominated for a two day team this season, probably in the C1 or C2 grades. It will be filled with players mainly from our LOC and LOF teams, as we allow players to choose between two day and one day cricket at our club.

I have been told that ATCA ranks all two day above one day, therefore we would lose our highest LO team which is in LOB div, yet all those players will continue to play LO's, and we finished minor premiers (I thought we would be in LOA this year). Do you think this is right?

I've played a mixture of low grade 2-day cricket and LO's (LOB-LOE) over the past 4 seasons, and I would rate them roughly as follows.

LOB is similar to B3
LOC and LOD are better than C2 / C3
LOE is about the same as C3
LOF is the worst of the lot.

Having said that, they do change from year to year as different clubs gain and loose numbers in their lower grades, or allow more senior players to drop down and play more 1-day cricket. EG, the 2011/12 LOD comp had 4 really strong teams with 3 of them have ex-district players. Yet in the previous season, none of these clubs were even around the mark come finals.

Correct, the Turf do consider 2-day grades to be higher than LOs for the purpose of finals qualifications. I'm a little lost where your teams are / will be (confusion between LOC, LOB (pushing LOA)), but as I understand it, if you add a side into C1, I would have thought you'd be able to nominate which LO team you drop. You said your C1 side would be a mix from your two LOs, but then said all would choose to remain in your top LO side? If the latter is the case, I'd suggest playing C2, and dropping the LOFs. The turf should be happy with this as you're keeping your teams as high as possible. Dropping the LOC's to keep the LOF's might not get the full support.
Then again, it also comes down to where the byes will fall, etc.

Hope that helps, even if it wasn't that clear.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby EldersUniSA » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am

I've played a mixture of low grade 2-day cricket and LO's (LOB-LOE) over the past 4 seasons, and I would rate them roughly as follows.

LOB is similar to B3
LOC and LOD are better than C2 / C3
LOE is about the same as C3
LOF is the worst of the lot.

Having said that, they do change from year to year as different clubs gain and loose numbers in their lower grades, or allow more senior players to drop down and play more 1-day cricket. EG, the 2011/12 LOD comp had 4 really strong teams with 3 of them have ex-district players. Yet in the previous season, none of these clubs were even around the mark come finals.

Correct, the Turf do consider 2-day grades to be higher than LOs for the purpose of finals qualifications. I'm a little lost where your teams are / will be (confusion between LOC, LOB (pushing LOA)), but as I understand it, if you add a side into C1, I would have thought you'd be able to nominate which LO team you drop. You said your C1 side would be a mix from your two LOs, but then said all would choose to remain in your top LO side? If the latter is the case, I'd suggest playing C2, and dropping the LOFs. The turf should be happy with this as you're keeping your teams as high as possible. Dropping the LOC's to keep the LOF's might not get the full support.
Then again, it also comes down to where the byes will fall, etc.

Hope that helps, even if it wasn't that clear.[/quote]

Last season we had LOB(1st, lost in Semi), LOC (4th, Lost in Semi), LOE (2nd, won GF) and LOF (Last).

If things go ahead as I've been told this season we will have C2 (I think the lowest 2 day div due to reformat), LOC, LOE and LOF.

With C2 as our highest ranked team with ATCA, but probably our 3rd best team on current lists. but the LOC team will be equivalent to our previous season LOB team. From what I've been told we don't get a choice.

Thanks for the insight.
Elders Cricket Club Est 1931 UniSA/SAIT Cricket Club Est 1974
Elders UniSA Cricket Club 1999
Mawson Lakes Cricket Club 2010
EldersUniSA
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby The Hound » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm

EldersUniSA wrote:I was just hoping to gauge your thoughts on the differences between the standard of cricket between the lower two day cricket divisions and the LO cricket divisions.

Reason being we have nominated for a two day team this season, probably in the C1 or C2 grades. It will be filled with players mainly from our LOC and LOF teams, as we allow players to choose between two day and one day cricket at our club.

I have been told that ATCA ranks all two day above one day, therefore we would lose our highest LO team which is in LOB div, yet all those players will continue to play LO's, and we finished minor premiers (I thought we would be in LOA this year). Do you think this is right?

With the changes to the competition for the season EUSA only a few grades will be promoted/relegated for the upcoming season unlike previous years.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Para Hills Cricket Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Greg Quinn as Senior Coach and Grenville Dietrich as Club Team Manager for the 2012/13 season.

Quinny needs no introduction within cricket circles after having achieved outstanding results as a coach and player over numerous years with East Torrens, Southern Redbacks and Australian Women's Cricket Team. Quinny has a passion like no other for the game, a love for efforts in the field and a hype that brings the best out of many. Following on from his casual stint with the club in the second half of 2011/12 season where he transformed the club's season and lead the A, B & D grade to Grand Final appearances, Quinny will again be looking to take the club to greater success this season.

Grenville on the other hand needs no introduction to the football world, known as the second best North Adelaide footballer of all time, only behind Ken Farmer. However what many underestimate is the cricket ability and knowledge that Grenville carried throughout the summer. Looking to bring some flare and humour to the club, we’re excited about the work he is going to do on the field with developing our juniors as well as the work off the field in ensuring our club unites again for another strong season.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby interested observer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Para Hills Cricket Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Greg Quinn as Senior Coach and Grenville Dietrich as Club Team Manager for the 2012/13 season.

Quinny needs no introduction within cricket circles after having achieved outstanding results as a coach and player over numerous years with East Torrens, Southern Redbacks and Australian Women's Cricket Team. Quinny has a passion like no other for the game, a love for efforts in the field and a hype that brings the best out of many. Following on from his casual stint with the club in the second half of 2011/12 season where he transformed the club's season and lead the A, B & D grade to Grand Final appearances, Quinny will again be looking to take the club to greater success this season.

Grenville on the other hand needs no introduction to the football world, known as the second best North Adelaide footballer of all time, only behind Ken Farmer. However what many underestimate is the cricket ability and knowledge that Grenville carried throughout the summer. Looking to bring some flare and humour to the club, we’re excited about the work he is going to do on the field with developing our juniors as well as the work off the field in ensuring our club unites again for another strong season.

That must make Barry Robran 3rd then ?????? :shock:
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Hound » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Believe Pooraka have picked up a former TTG player, anymore player movements?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby leftarmoffie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

The Hound wrote:Believe Pooraka have picked up a former TTG player, anymore player movements?

Is this player replacing Rocco????
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Wizard of Oz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am

normstwin wrote:
The Hound wrote:Believe Pooraka have picked up a former TTG player, anymore player movements?

Is he switching clubs again ?
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby leftarmoffie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
normstwin wrote:

I've heard he's had a falling out with a few of the boys out there.
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby OKC! » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

normstwin wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:
normstwin wrote:

I've heard he's had a falling out with a few of the boys out there.

I haven't heard of anything from TTG, and Rocco will play at Pooraka this season.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

The Unley Cricket Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark Cunningham as a playing coach for the 2012/13 season. Mark brings along extensive district experience as a player at Sturt, Adelaide University and has also played for Pulteney in the Adelaide Turf Cricket association.

Mark is a former winner of the Sidney Shepherdson Memorial Trophy for Best All-Rounder in the Adelaide Turf A1 cricket division.

The Club, will be fielding 5 senior teams again this season. Any players interested in joining a progressive club with outstanding facilities should contact the President, Graham Burton on 0405 816 104.
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

appears due to our club stuffing up the nom forms and asking for 2 one day teams, which we dont want and have since requested to have a 2 day side, we now find our selves in C1, hard to say to much considering we lost the C2 grandfinal last year, but we did go through undefeated util that choke, ah well, our clubs fault. was hoping for b2 or abouts
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Mark Dreher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
normstwin wrote:

Played 300 games for Pooraka arse clown , therefore switching clubs again ?
Mark Dreher
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Which rocco are u on about, illuminato hasnt played 300 games which is who i bet there referring to
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Wizard of Oz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Mark Dreher wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:
normstwin wrote:

Played 300 games for Pooraka arse clown , therefore switching clubs again ?

Nah, the other Rocco in your A Grade bozo. You know, the guy that won your batting :roll:
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

geez 300 games represents 30 years ish of senior cricket not including finals of course. good recruit?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Mark Dreher » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
Mark Dreher wrote:[Played 300 games for Pooraka arse clown , therefore switching clubs again ?

Nah, the other Rocco in your A Grade bozo. You know, the guy that won your batting :roll:

Sorry mate red mist hit, Played with the Calabria for many years and he has a fairly ordinary rep outside the club. One of those blokes who is a great bloke to play with prick of a bloke to play against. Cops a fair bit of sh*t and automatically went into the Pooraka mentality to stick up for our own right or wrong. Take this as an unreserved appology.
Tigerpie he was bought up 100 meters from the clubs cricket nets so there was no where else he was going. Pooraka lad through and through was around the place in the Craig Bradley, Dwayne Russell era
Mark Dreher
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:appears due to our club stuffing up the nom forms and asking for 2 one day teams, which we dont want and have since requested to have a 2 day side, we now find our selves in C1, hard to say to much considering we lost the C2 grandfinal last year, but we did go through undefeated util that choke, ah well, our clubs fault. was hoping for b2 or abouts

has the gradings been decided yet?
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Postby Reilly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Not sure they are cemented in but I was told where our lower grades would be playing as originally our D grade were to stay in LOF but I now believe will play in LOD.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm

We were told it has been settled, we tried to save our selves and get as high as we could in the 2 day comp, but David Heyzer told us that all the divs had 10 teams already, he then told us we could only have the one day sides, before ringing back and saying we are in C1
no_remorse28
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps