Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Interesting last three weeks in the Stanley comp.

Realistically 5 teams can still play finals, mathematically 6 can. Sevenhill in sixth would need to win all 3 remaining games and rely on results going there way to make it.

Lower North the clear favourites and will be very hard to beat with the likes of all 4 McPharlins, Marshall, Jones qualified. They wont head into finals on the back of a bye like they have in previous years so they will welcome that.

Watervale sitting in second have been the surprise packet but personally I just cant see them winning it.

Clare are the genuine dark horse for mine. Any team with Steddall in their batting line up is capable of hitting enough runs to win. Wonder if they can manage to qualify Oscar Pearce and Brendan Barton who have both played two games. Throw in Falconer, Bennie, Seymon, Zanette and that would be a very strong side.

Brinky and Blyth playing to make the fourth spot imo. Whichever side makes it can definitely progress in the finals especially if Watervale finish third and they get a crack at them.

Sevenhill lost the tight one to Blyth on the weekend. Unfortunately its going to be near on impossible for them to play finals but they will definitely have a crack that's for sure.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby BPlumber » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm

whufc wrote:Interesting last three weeks in the Stanley comp.

Realistically 5 teams can still play finals, mathematically 6 can. Sevenhill in sixth would need to win all 3 remaining games and rely on results going there way to make it.

Lower North the clear favourites and will be very hard to beat with the likes of all 4 McPharlins, Marshall, Jones qualified. They wont head into finals on the back of a bye like they have in previous years so they will welcome that.

Watervale sitting in second have been the surprise packet but personally I just cant see them winning it.

Clare are the genuine dark horse for mine. Any team with Steddall in their batting line up is capable of hitting enough runs to win. Wonder if they can manage to qualify Oscar Pearce and Brendan Barton who have both played two games. Throw in Falconer, Bennie, Seymon, Zanette and that would be a very strong side.

Brinky and Blyth playing to make the fourth spot imo. Whichever side makes it can definitely progress in the finals especially if Watervale finish third and they get a crack at them.

Sevenhill lost the tight one to Blyth on the weekend. Unfortunately its going to be near on impossible for them to play finals but they will definitely have a crack that's for sure.

Huge weekend for the stanley comp. I think we will have to wait until next weekend to get some actual clarity on where teams lie. A couple of very interesting games this week in Blyth vs watervale and clare vs sevenhill.
Will be interesting to get more of a gauge on where these teams sit.
BPlumber
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:54 pm

BPlumber wrote:

Huge weekend for the stanley comp. I think we will have to wait until next weekend to get some actual clarity on where teams lie. A couple of very interesting games this week in Blyth vs watervale and clare vs sevenhill.

Some crackers. Personally I think Blyth will win and the head says Clare but the heart Sevenhill.
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm

whufc wrote:
BPlumber wrote:

Some crackers. Personally I think Blyth will win and the head says Clare but the heart Sevenhill.

Auburn have been a little more competitive of late. An upset against brinky wouldn’t be out the question
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:55 am

Watervale continue to be the surprise packet of the season.

Blyth have a must win game this weekend. Whilst any of Lower North, Watervale, Clare, Brinky, can finish in any of the top4 positions albeit you would expect Lower North to hold onto top spot.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Office room chat.

Apparently Clare may have to play up to 4 under 16's players due to not having enough players qualified.
whufc
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 am

RIP Scooter Smith.

Stanley would not be the same without his leadership and input over the last 20 years
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:15 am

Any news from this comp. I know its starting October 16.

From what I have heard not a lot has changed this year.

Sevenhill will line up with some serious talent but will also be blooding some youngsters. Lose Matty Kuerschner this year.

Clare still struggling to attract a full 11 cricketers will field a very strong with at least 7 real decent cricketers.

Brinky much the same, will lack depth but have some of the best talent in the comp with Steele and Moller.

Lower North will most likely win it unless they have lost 7-8 blokes.

Watervale the surprise packet last year a bit of an unknown again.

Blyth were great in 2019-20 making the GF that never got played due to Covid, recruited well and then missed in the finals in 2020-21. Who will know what they will produce.
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:13 am

Would have been a while since Blyth/kybunga went into the Christmas break on top in the A1s. Over half a century maybe
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:20 am

BPlumber wrote:Would have been a while since Blyth/kybunga went into the Christmas break on top in the A1s. Over half a century maybe

geez that snuck up.....last time I properly check Blyth had lost 2 out of their first 3 games.

Been on a bit of a roll of late then. I know Riley Stirling is hitting runs for fun.

Sevenhill in the four as well. Great to see given the amount of younger players they have been using.
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:57 pm

whufc wrote:
BPlumber wrote:Would have been a while since Blyth/kybunga went into the Christmas break on top in the A1s. Over half a century maybe

geez that snuck up.....last time I properly check Blyth had lost 2 out of their first 3 games.

Been on a bit of a roll of late then. I know Riley Stirling is hitting runs for fun.

Sevenhill in the four as well. Great to see given the amount of younger players they have been using.

Charats once again up there in the wickets and Justin’s been bowling well.
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:50 pm

BPlumber wrote:
whufc wrote:

Charats once again up there in the wickets and Justin’s been bowling well.

Justin had a classic association game.

His ball was that wide off the pitch it would have made Harmison blush.......................then finished with 3/8 of his 10 overs or something very close. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charats bowling should be illegall.......not because of his action but because how bloody god damn slow it is :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:27 am

Doggies back to the big dance!
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:03 am

BPlumber wrote:Doggies back to the big dance!

Hopefully for their sake they get to actually play it this time.
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:36 am

whufc wrote:

Wouldn’t have been a day where those 11 blokes haven’t thought about it since either. Very Close group with 9 out of the 11 of that team still together from two years on, with Will Pratt (played all year in 19/20 and had to leave for work) and Michael hartwig (past captain) coming in. Been a large journey.
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:43 am

BPlumber wrote:
whufc wrote:

Wouldn’t have been a day where those 11 blokes haven’t thought about it since either. Very Close group with 9 out of the 11 of that team still together from two years on, with Will Pratt (played all year in 19/20 and had to leave for work) and Michael hartwig (past captain) coming in. Been a large journey.

Absoluely...very well deserved.

Whilst Lower North are undisputedly the best side they are not unbeatable on GF day as Sevenhill found out a few years ago and Brinkworth 5 years ago.

Best of luck.
whufc
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 pm

whufc wrote:

Do they play on turf wickets or hard wicket in this comp?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:00 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Do they play on turf wickets or hard wicket in this comp?

Hard wicket...

Blyth made the GF two years ago but unfortunately didn't get to play the game due to the Covid restrictions forcing comps to stop.
whufc
Coach

Postby Angler » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:41 am

Liking the A1 & A2 fixture for the upcoming 2022/23 season.

6 teams in each grade and 15 games in each.
Angler

Been liked: 13 times

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:12 am

Angler wrote:Liking the A1 & A2 fixture for the upcoming 2022/23 season.

6 teams in each grade and 15 games in each.

Nice......good to get rid of the bye in the A Grade.

Only a little change i noticed but on Mycricket they are referring to the comp as Senior Mixed A1. I know the odd female has played here and there without problem (Ellie Falconer, McPharlin) but are they now actively promoting the comp as a Mixed comp.

Anyone know where Clare will play this year given the redevelopments......whilst only a small amount of the oval is a construction site many sixes would head into there so presume they wont be playing there.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps