Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am

The Bedge wrote:
helicopterking wrote:You missed the main reason- No Sunday Cricket

In my head that was included under the commitment level required [emoji38]
Which is a load of shit anyway when club cricketers in England play Saturdays, Sundays and heck even a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
helicopterking wrote:You missed the main reason- No Sunday Cricket

In my head that was included under the commitment level required [emoji38]
Which is a load of shit anyway when club cricketers in England play Saturdays, Sundays and heck even a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday!

We aren't in England though, and we have other things to enjoy in this country - all they have is cricket :P :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4009 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote: Cricket is still strong in colleges and at schools in inner east, inner south, inner north and Glenelg-Henley beachside areas. Good numbers. No schools play further north or south. No interest.

I can think of at least one that does.

Haha Trinity yes!

And the clubs out north continued to go head to head with them on Saturday morning, denying themselves access to every single cricketer from the BIGGEST SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA even though every other junior club competition in Adelaide was running successfully on Sunday mornings, as was junior club footy out north. Amazing stuff.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Is cricket a dying sport?

If you believe the T20 spruikers it is.

T20 is as much to blame for the downfall of cricket as anything. Players becoming mercenaries chasing money playing T20 over national duties, CA saturating our TV screens over two months with a competition and promoting it as the best thing since world series cricket. Promoting shorter formats all through juniors right down to the T20 blast program.

Hell I even saw the SACA Friendship cup includes a T12 competition! WTF!

Not just juniors having 20/20 shoved at them, next weeks Under 17 Shield has been reduced to one week of 20/20 cricket. When this is the only chance that some country lads get to show there wears for there metro zoned club, they have to slog. FFS!

BTW, there was a T10 cup in the UAE recently :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:14 pm

No **** way hound tell me that's not true!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:30 pm

tigerpie wrote:No **** way hound tell me that's not true!
Double headers each day and sometimes teams need to change venues....
heater31

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:47 am

heater31 wrote:

Who's the bright spark that voted this format in?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby bunji » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

It is great to see the attempts being made to increase the levels of involvement through t20 blast . The CA perspective is increase numbers through shorter format and then push talented players into high performance. Definitely socio-economics are a factor and those kids accessing coaching and games obviously benefit. Programming changes are welcomed through less Sunday games and will definitely help the standard, would love to see third grade playing more red ball cricket however it seems the programming focus is only around those things which supports the costs and benefits to the High performance department. Without support from SACA the days of Northerns, Southerns and Port Adelaide are looking numbered which will be very detrimental to the game in this state. I would love to see help provided by taking positive action through the schools primarily by providing equipment at a much cheaper price, this is not just a problem in South Australia - as has been mentioned previously, cricket has sadly become more become exclusive due to the increasing costs for a young boy or girl to participate.
bunji
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 pm

All 3rd and 4th Grade off tomorrow. Bit of a shame. Thought they would go ahead perhaps with reduced overs especially as there is meant to be a change mid-afternoon.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 am

Tony Clifton wrote:All 3rd and 4th Grade off tomorrow. Bit of a shame. Thought they would go ahead perhaps with reduced overs especially as there is meant to be a change mid-afternoon.

Yet ATCA B1 is going ahead with reduced overs......
heater31

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:08 pm

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:All 3rd and 4th Grade off tomorrow. Bit of a shame. Thought they would go ahead perhaps with reduced overs especially as there is meant to be a change mid-afternoon.

Yet ATCA B1 is going ahead with reduced overs......

Common sense from ATCA

Disappointing that supposed 'premier cricket' doesn't play
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Just interested in some premier cricket enthisiasts opinion of Riley Robinson from ND. What are your thoughts on the young lad? Where does he rate in comparison to some of the other young quicks in the system?
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Burras » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

tigerpie wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Who's the bright spark that voted this format in?

The Premier Cricket delegates....
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:17 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Just interested in some premier cricket enthisiasts opinion of Riley Robinson from ND. What are your thoughts on the young lad? Where does he rate in comparison to some of the other young quicks in the system?

Looks the goods. Tall, decent pace. Handy now but will be real good. Has had some back issues but having a decent crack now.

Jets at a bit of a low ebb currently but the plus side is that players like Robinson get to play 1st Grade and take the new ball.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 pm

I was lucky enough to be his coach for a couple of years of juniors and I'm just pumped for lad that he's doing well at the A grade level. Hopefully he can squeeze his way back into the 19's state squad. I hadn't seen him bowl for a little while and caught a couple of overs on Saturday and thought he had certainly gotten quicker but wasn't sure what he was like compared to others. Really good kid and i hope he continues to improve
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:51 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Haha Trinity yes!

And the clubs out north continued to go head to head with them on Saturday morning, denying themselves access to every single cricketer from the BIGGEST SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA even though every other junior club competition in Adelaide was running successfully on Sunday mornings, as was junior club footy out north. Amazing stuff.

I disagree with you there, my lad has played PDCA & WSJCA a in the past couple of seasons and I think the PDCA is much more advanced in developing players than the other.

The batting for 6 overs and retiring rule is a bit silly in the WSJCA, it doesn't teach the kids to build an innings and last year I seen clubs have 4 or 5 players take off during the game to play Ray Sutton, the PDCA has a cut off at 11:45 to allow players and coaches to reach their afternoon commitments.

Going head to head with Trinity isn't a big imposition for the PDCA clubs, I think only Craigmore are affected, perhaps in the Barossa there may be more players that play both.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7933 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:I was lucky enough to be his coach for a couple of years of juniors and I'm just pumped for lad that he's doing well at the A grade level. Hopefully he can squeeze his way back into the 19's state squad. I hadn't seen him bowl for a little while and caught a couple of overs on Saturday and thought he had certainly gotten quicker but wasn't sure what he was like compared to others. Really good kid and i hope he continues to improve

I think it was only injury that kept him out of the U19s this season. He's highly rated
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am

Some interesting comments/rumours re TTG, i certainly haven't heard them. In fact some of the experienced blokes have indicated the opposite, and no intention of stopping anytime soon.

The sleepyman may need a change of scenery, been doing the job for a long time now and a fresh voice may be needed for the playing group.

TTG have over the past few years given and opportunity to numerous youngsters such as D Holiday, T Oakley, Z Schwarz, M Herrman, B Atkinson , Kyle Brazel. There are few more younger blokes behind them as well who will get a go soon enough such as Zac Worden

Certainly not doom and gloom.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am

Footy Smart wrote:Some interesting comments/rumours re TTG, i certainly haven't heard them. In fact some of the experienced blokes have indicated the opposite, and no intention of stopping anytime soon.

The sleepyman may need a change of scenery, been doing the job for a long time now and a fresh voice may be needed for the playing group.

TTG have over the past few years given and opportunity to numerous youngsters such as D Holiday, T Oakley, Z Schwarz, M Herrman, B Atkinson , Kyle Brazel. There are few more younger blokes behind them as well who will get a go soon enough such as Zac Worden

How did it work when Sounda spent Saturday's playing Grade 46 in the PDCA whilst coaching TTG?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7933 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Some interesting comments/rumours re TTG, i certainly haven't heard them. In fact some of the experienced blokes have indicated the opposite, and no intention of stopping anytime soon.

How did it work when Sounda spent Saturday's playing Grade 46 in the PDCA whilst coaching TTG?

wasn't coaching, Ben Cameron was.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps