T20 Cricket - BA$H 4 CA$H Queensland Flood Appeal Sunday

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

T20 Cricket - BA$H 4 CA$H Queensland Flood Appeal Sunday

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 pm

The Lads in the Regional Cricket Board have arranged a fantastic fundraiser for the Queensland Flood victims, if there is anything you can do to support the day refer to the thread below, and of course if you can attend at some stage it promises to be a great family day out.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31416

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3570 times

Re: T20 Cricket - BA$H 4 CA$H Queensland Flood Appeal Sunday

Postby duck-mann » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:18 am

duck-mann
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 am

Huge thanks to the following sponsors who have given good or donations for the cause, please support them -

Sponsors
- JS Sport
- Jenny's designer muffins
- A-mart All sports - Munno Para
- AFL store – Elizabeth
- Adelaide Crows football club
- LJ Hooker – Craigmore
- Richard Finlayson of Quality training & Hospitality College
- Little Aussie Bouncers
- Jim Drivas' Good Guys at Gepps Cross
- Peer IND
- Buttercup
- SA Redbacks/SACA
- Dux Hot Water
- Bell's Pure Ice
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby duck-mann » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 am

we will be having an Auction between the twenty20 games on Sunday, here is a list of the items for sale:

- Collingwood 2010 premiership shirt
- 2010 Port Power signed Guernsey
- 2011Crows signed football
- Aussie ODI Shirt and a Commonwealth bank cap both signed by M Hussey
- 2 Mini Bats with Ashes squads names and signatures. Not authentic signatures but signatures are printed on bats. Bats are in a wooden box.
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby duck-mann » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm

this MAY be the price list for Sunday. It is subject to change but wanted to give people a general idea of what to expect

Price list
water $1
Soft drinks/pop tops $2
energy drinks $3
Beer $4
Spirits $6

Sausage & Bread $2 with or without onion
Paddle Pop $2
Bacon & egg roll $3
Steak Sandwich $5 with or without onion
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby duck-mann » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm

the day has been and gone and what a day. Left home at about 8:20am this morning and got home at 9:15pm..... A MASSIVE thank you to JS Sports and Dennis personally. The shirts/hats and purchase of a couple of auction items helped the cause immensely! Dennis also umpired the main game, thanks mate!

Marc Cossens, the silent partner. The man who orgainsed the BBQ, the ground, the donuts, the ice creams and some of the drinks. He also did a lot of leg work organising the set up of bouncy castle and other things for the day. Taking phone calls and receiving text msgs from everywhere to help me out. THANKS CHAMP! Wouldnt have had things ready for today with out your help!

Daniel Lock, who I work with, volunteered about 5 hours on the BBQ today so a big thanks to him too. Also to the other blokes who had a few stints on there (including the man that was everywhere, Dennis), thank you very much gentlemen.

My wife, Tammy, who spent all day wo-manning the drink and shirt sales. A long day on her feet after having to put up with me coming to bed at 2am for the last 10 days. Im a lucky man having a woman to help with sporting events - even when it is for charity.

The Hart family - Rob, who was DJ/Announcer for the day. Did a great job promoting the sponsors, updating scores/results and obviously kept the music coming. His daughter Cassie - who was our volunteer face painter. I think she had littles girls lining up wanting to be butterflies from 10:30 till about 2 and helped raise about $60 from donations even though face painting was free... so thank you to Cassie for her time, and to all those Mums and Dads that popped a coin in the bucket.

Bryan from "little aussie bouncers" for donating his time and organising the bouncy castle for free. Im sure the kids had an amazing time jumping around today, mums and dads will be thanking you as their little ones sleep well tonight!

All the players! It was amazing to see the strength of the teams we fielded! The PDCA O33s team really was a LEGENDS of PDCA teams. On paper those names still strike fear into any opposition player and make spectators stand and admire. (I dont know any of the C&CCA players so sorry lads cant comment there) Both 'open' sides.... I heard so many people say today "if this was the we had for SAMCA we would smash teams" - so all I can say is thank you to all the talented cricketers for making themselves available on the only free day we all get!!!

Last but not least, anyone who donated from as little as $1 up to the generous $500 from the C&CCA exec. THANK YOU. this day wouldve been a great day of cricket anyway, but it would not have served its cause without everyones generosity!!!

Sooo.... the question everyone is asking.... How much did we raise? Including the money donated directly in to the fund from Peer IND we managed to make just over an AMAZING $8,500...

A great effort from every involved!!!!
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby carey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 pm

DUCK-MAN

it goes with out saying mate THANK YOU for a super job doing a thankless effort is super! you and CUZ are stars no doubt about it!

yes i just got home and yes i am drunk......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 am

duck-mann wrote:
All the players! It was amazing to see the strength of the teams we fielded! The PDCA O33s team really was a LEGENDS of PDCA teams. On paper those names still strike fear into any opposition player and make spectators stand and admire. (I dont know any of the C&CCA players so sorry lads cant comment there) Both 'open' sides.... I heard so many people say today "if this was the we had for SAMCA we would smash teams" - so all I can say is thank you to all the talented cricketers for making themselves available on the only free day we all get!!!

I must say, it was an absolute privilige to play alongside some of the players in the O.F team, the sledging of each other still hasn't stopped, even though we were on the same side.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks to Lightning McQueen for the snaps ->

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Browny25 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 am

Great photos

Pity the same wasnt done for the "open" game?
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby duck-mann » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Browny25 wrote:Great photos

Pity the same wasnt done for the "open" game?

so much was going on when the 'open' game starter we forgot to get everyone together! There was suppose to be a minute silence before the 'open' game too but they were into the 2nd over before I even realised they were out there!
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby Oxygen Thief » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:35 pm

well done to Mr. and Mrs. Duckmann, you guys toiled away all day, Working hard behind the bar and making sure you kept the dollars rolling in.

really enjoyed the comradery of the day- and especially my SECOND dig where i got
a chance to play with my mongoose. I also had a chance to use my new bat.

thanks guys!
Oxygen Thief
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morgan-Cadell

Postby dark & stormy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:14 pm

iget it :lol: nice ;)
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby sports follower » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:35 pm

duck-mann wrote:the day has been and gone and what a day. Left home at about 8:20am this morning and got home at 9:15pm..... A MASSIVE thank you to JS Sports and Dennis personally. The shirts/hats and purchase of a couple of auction items helped the cause immensely! Dennis also umpired the main game, thanks mate!

Marc Cossens, the silent partner. The man who orgainsed the BBQ, the ground, the donuts, the ice creams and some of the drinks. He also did a lot of leg work organising the set up of bouncy castle and other things for the day. Taking phone calls and receiving text msgs from everywhere to help me out. THANKS CHAMP! Wouldnt have had things ready for today with out your help!

Daniel Lock, who I work with, volunteered about 5 hours on the BBQ today so a big thanks to him too. Also to the other blokes who had a few stints on there (including the man that was everywhere, Dennis), thank you very much gentlemen.

My wife, Tammy, who spent all day wo-manning the drink and shirt sales. A long day on her feet after having to put up with me coming to bed at 2am for the last 10 days. Im a lucky man having a woman to help with sporting events - even when it is for charity.

The Hart family - Rob, who was DJ/Announcer for the day. Did a great job promoting the sponsors, updating scores/results and obviously kept the music coming. His daughter Cassie - who was our volunteer face painter. I think she had littles girls lining up wanting to be butterflies from 10:30 till about 2 and helped raise about $60 from donations even though face painting was free... so thank you to Cassie for her time, and to all those Mums and Dads that popped a coin in the bucket.

Bryan from "little aussie bouncers" for donating his time and organising the bouncy castle for free. Im sure the kids had an amazing time jumping around today, mums and dads will be thanking you as their little ones sleep well tonight!

Last but not least, anyone who donated from as little as $1 up to the generous $500 from the C&CCA exec. THANK YOU. this day wouldve been a great day of cricket anyway, but it would not have served its cause without everyones generosity!!!

Sooo.... the question everyone is asking.... How much did we raise? Including the money donated directly in to the fund from Peer IND we managed to make just over an AMAZING $8,500...

A great effort from every involved!!!!

No worries Duckmann always happy to help a good cause.....
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby sports follower » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
duck-mann wrote:

I must say, it was an absolute privilige to play alongside some of the players in the O.F team, the sledging of each other still hasn't stopped, even though we were on the same side.

I agree LM, a great day with some good cricket and it was great playing with some very talented cricketers from the PDCA.
The sledging from team mates was hilarious.
Catchit should of played in the "Old Boys" team after his performance yesterday.
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps