ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Mark Hanson must be incredibly fit, only 7 boundaries and a 6 out of his 500+ runs for the season.

Haha, yeah those lazy SOBs at Pooraka do the bare minimum when it comes to entering scores into MyCricket.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Trader wrote:Now you're testing my memory...

1 - Cuconuts, M
2 - Gabb (wk)
3 - Hanson
4 - Overall
5 - Bailey
6 - Behrendt
7 - Fox
8 - Eranga
9 - Pickford
10 - Clayfield
11 - Carey
12 - Fonseka

If Gabb selected as WK, how does Fonseka get in?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Trader wrote:Now you're testing my memory...

1 - Cuconuts, M
2 - Gabb (wk)
3 - Hanson
4 - Overall
5 - Bailey
6 - Behrendt
7 - Fox
8 - Eranga
9 - Pickford
10 - Clayfield
11 - Carey
12 - Fonseka

If Gabb selected as WK, how does Fonseka get in?

I wouldn't have picked him and I recon Jamie Barnes would have a clear claim for that spot.

I suspect they picked the team of the year on the assumption that he would win keeper of the year and then Gabb piped him for that role and they were too lazy to reselect the team.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 pm

The fact an allrounder wins the medal yet doesn't win all round performance of the year is beyond me
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:The fact an allrounder wins the medal yet doesn't win all round performance of the year is beyond me

I can accept the umpire voted award (medal) having a different winner to the league appointed award (all rounder of the year).
Fox simply didn't have anyone taking votes off him.

But I'm not sure Eranga should have won the all rounder award anyway.

Fox - 440 runs at (at 54.88), 13 wickets (at 32.08). (medal)
Eranga - 280 runs (at 28.2), 24 wickets (at 16.71). (all rounder award)
Clayfield - 250 runs (at 35.43), 28 wickets (at 13.46).

I'd have given it to Clayfield, 4 extra wickets is worth more than 30 runs IMO. Clayfield also has better batting and bowling averages than Eranga.

But I did notice they put up Eranga's fielding award when they announced him as the all rounder, perhaps they were trying to help justify his selection!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Trader wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:The fact an allrounder wins the medal yet doesn't win all round performance of the year is beyond me

I can accept the umpire voted award (medal) having a different winner to the league appointed award (all rounder of the year).
Fox simply didn't have anyone taking votes off him.

But I'm not sure Eranga should have won the all rounder award anyway.

Fox - 440 runs at (at 54.88), 13 wickets (at 32.08). (medal)
Eranga - 280 runs (at 28.2), 24 wickets (at 16.71). (all rounder award)
Clayfield - 250 runs (at 35.43), 28 wickets (at 13.46).

I'd have given it to Clayfield, 4 extra wickets is worth more than 30 runs IMO. Clayfield also has better batting and bowling averages than Eranga.

But I did notice they put up Eranga's fielding award when they announced him as the all rounder, perhaps they were trying to help justify his selection!

Clayfield also hit a ton and Eranga i think had a Highscore of 58. again little things i think are just a touch off,
Even the fielding award got me. he is a super fielder and you don't take on his arm, but (being a little bias) Ruhode is elite and i think it was mentioned on here earlier this season. he was incredible all year.

Again though all still have their reasons to win the award. i think Clayfield stat wise was the stand out all year. hundred, 8fa and 2nd in bowling i think he would have been a deserving winner or at least tied for it.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 pm

I'm not sure you can classify yourself as an allrounder if you only take 13 wickets. I reckon 250 runs and 20 wickets is the minimum standard.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I'm not sure you can classify yourself as an allrounder if you only take 13 wickets. I reckon 250 runs and 20 wickets is the minimum standard.

so we are saying he won it more as a batter who bowls?

he bats 4 and opens the bowling that to me still is allrounder and his batting was just stronger this season.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:31 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

he bats 4 and opens the bowling that to me still is allrounder and his batting was just stronger this season.

We are talking about the best allrounder, which is based on overall performance with bat, ball and in the field. Fox falls short because he only took 13 wickets. I would have rated Eranga, Clayfield, Barnes and Pickford ahead of Fox as the best allrounder.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Punter707 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:01 am

Eranga has played international cricket - Says enough doesn't it.
He has been a very good player for SPOC but he wasn't in the best 12 this season. Simple.
Punter707
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Reilly » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 am

Bit of rain around where I am today and obviously a little more forecast for tonight/tomorrow morning. Could make things interesting tomorrow. Might throw some doubt into the minds of some captains as to what to do if they win the toss...
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:47 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

We are talking about the best allrounder, which is based on overall performance with bat, ball and in the field. Fox falls short because he only took 13 wickets. I would have rated Eranga, Clayfield, Barnes and Pickford ahead of Fox as the best allrounder.

100% agree with that.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:47 am

Punter707 wrote:Eranga has played international cricket - Says enough doesn't it.
He has been a very good player for SPOC but he wasn't in the best 12 this season. Simple.

and when he wants to turn it on he does!
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Big weekend of cricket ..... all the best to those teams playing in Grand Finals. I hope the weather doesn't play a part.
In A1 the two best teams will face off, but I think it's a massive home ground advantage for Para Hills. They bat very deep which allows their top order to play their shots. Flinders Park have done exceptionally well coming up from A2 last year and covering the loss of Taylor through injury, but I think their only chance is to bat first and post a competitive score of 250+. I'm tipping a comfortable win for the Hornets.
In A2 the minor premiers Goodwood miss out, so it's Woodville South v Port Districts and a premiership and promotion is up for grabs. Port Districts must be pinching themselves. Two weeks ago playing finals was almost a remote chance, but they managed to play week 2 against Payneham and snuck into 4th spot on the back of 100 run 9th wicket partnership. Then last week they chase down Goodwood's total of 213 after being 5 for 122. They are on a roll so I'm tipping them to get up in a close 1.
In A3, it's Unley v Gepps Cross. Unley have been top all year and only lost the one game. They have a very well balanced side. Gepps Cross are similar to Port Districts in that they were able to sneak into the top 4 after beating Trinity outright in the final round, when all their opponents were washed out. They then caused a massive upset by beating Golden Grove. I think Unley will be too strong.
Good luck to all those involved.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Interesting to see that last year Gepps Cross were due to be relegated from A3 and PAOC were set to be promoted from B1.
ATCA sensed it wasn't a good move for either club, and after agreements from all parties, the teams remained in their previous grades.

Gepps Cross are playing in an A3 grand final and PAOC picked up the wooden spoon in B1.
Imagine how lopsided their seasons would have been if they did swap grades last year!

Props to Heyzer for getting this one right!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:00 pm

Para Hill's must've bowled well or were Flinders pk chucked in on a wetty?
Anyone know?
All out 65 in 45 overs looks bad.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:51 pm

tigerpie wrote:Para Hill's must've bowled well or were Flinders pk chucked in on a wetty?
Anyone know?
mccard and Carey bowled amongst well together in partnership.
Pitch was well covered and rock hard, started late because of wet surrounds. was an incredible bowling and fielding effort.

A lot of loose shots cost Flinders Parks wickets. Hence the 6 catches by the wk
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:45 am

no_remorse28 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Para Hill's must've bowled well or were Flinders pk chucked in on a wetty?
Anyone know?
Pitch was well covered and rock hard, started late because of wet surrounds. was an incredible bowling and fielding effort.

So, why did you dob them in if the pitch was so good?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby tigerpie » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:
Anyone know?

So, why did you dob them in if the pitch was so good?

Good question, especially a grand final with wet surrounds.
Hard to keep the ball dry.
Ballsy decision on a rock hard pitch.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:54 am

Backed our bowling, was the captain's gut feel and we backed his instinct
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times