ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 pm

Pretty good bowling conditions Saturday. Cool, overcast
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Password Please » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm

I watched the start of the days play, Para Hills were exceptional with the ball and everything was pitched up.
Flinders couldn't pierce the field at all and put pressure on themselves by not being able to score. PH took their chances and just snuffed them out.
Well played PH.
Fantastic bowling effort, had nothing to do with the wicket.
Neutral supporter that just went for a watch.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:55 pm

The ATCA ‘Steven Bradbury’ award goes to Gepps Cross CC in A3. Didn’t win a game before Christmas and sat bottom of the ladder. Then proceeded to win every game, jumped from 6th to finals in the raingate round, and then destroyed the top 2 sides on their home decks.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Password Please » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:07 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The ATCA ‘Steven Bradbury’ award goes to Gepps Cross CC in A3. Didn’t win a game before Christmas and sat bottom of the ladder. Then proceeded to win every game, jumped from 6th to finals in the raingate round, and then destroyed the top 2 sides on their home decks.

Those wins are priceless.
Password Please

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:19 am

Password Please wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:The ATCA ‘Steven Bradbury’ award goes to Gepps Cross CC in A3. Didn’t win a game before Christmas and sat bottom of the ladder. Then proceeded to win every game, jumped from 6th to finals in the raingate round, and then destroyed the top 2 sides on their home decks.

Understand they were dobbed in as well. Been down for a while Gepps Cross so good to see they've turned things around.

Think ATCA still needs to look at that last round ruling. Good on Gepps (A3) for taking their chances and winning the flag, but both they and Port Districts (A2) come from the clouds with the advantage of playing when others didn't. Other clubs were relegated cos of this.

And the umpires for the A1 Grand Final need to be looked at. Surely a Sunday One Day match would have been a better spectacle than the one served up. 65 off 44 overs hardly suggests the normal batting friendly surface at Para Hills was playing as usual. Why would the home team dob them in, if that was the case anyway? Don't get me wrong, I think Para Hills have been the best team all season and would have won regardless, but surely a more even playing field on the Sunday should have been the option taken.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:52 am

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Password Please wrote:

Understand they were dobbed in as well. Been down for a while Gepps Cross so good to see they've turned things around.

Think ATCA still needs to look at that last round ruling. Good on Gepps (A3) for taking their chances and winning the flag, but both they and Port Districts (A2) come from the clouds with the advantage of playing when others didn't. Other clubs were relegated cos of this.

And the umpires for the A1 Grand Final need to be looked at. Surely a Sunday One Day match would have been a better spectacle than the one served up. 65 off 44 overs hardly suggests the normal batting friendly surface at Para Hills was playing as usual. Why would the home team dob them in, if that was the case anyway? Don't get me wrong, I think Para Hills have been the best team all season and would have won regardless, but surely a more even playing field on the Sunday should have been the option taken.

You can't blame the umpires for Flinders Park's poor showing. I must admit, I assumed Flinders Park were dobbed in on a wetty when I was following the scores on Saturday. Very unusual for Para Hills to put the opposition in after winning the toss, but I have been assured the pitch was fine and it was a combination of good bowling/fielding and some poor batting. They aren't the first team to crumble in a big game.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:40 am

5 catches from the keeper.
Just looking at that alone makes me think it was doing a bit.
Could've been driving at good balls though I guess.
Still a very ballsy decision to give the opposition an opportunity to make a decent score day one, if the pitch was so good.
Normally in a gf runs on the board day one is the go.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:42 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:You can't blame the umpires for Flinders Park's poor showing. I must admit, I assumed Flinders Park were dobbed in on a wetty when I was following the scores on Saturday. Very unusual for Para Hills to put the opposition in after winning the toss, but I have been assured the pitch was fine and it was a combination of good bowling/fielding and some poor batting. They aren't the first team to crumble in a big game.

You'd do it any time that the pitch was covered and the weather was clearing up for the remainder of the weekend, the pitch would've sweated a bit and the outfield would've been a bit wet and slow, your ball might age a bit sooner but if you're on a tight line and length you'll get sideways movement.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 am

Its all part of cricket. Love the sport but I don't think there is any other sport where the coin toss is so important (the odd occasion in footy where the wind changes but you don't really know that will happen)

Some you win / some you lose...that's cricket.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Reilly » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:43 pm

I couldn't get there on the weekend and haven't spoken to any of the players so have no idea what the pitch conditions were. Although it was a poor weekend for FP, I don't think anyone expected they'd be playing off in an A1 GF this season. The boys did an exceptional job just getting there. If you look at where the cricket club was 5 - 7 years ago I think they should be pretty happy with how far they have come. If they can keep the same core group together and maybe add in one or two more I think they'll be around the mark again next season.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Password Please » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Para Hills just bowled brilliantly, straight and full and Flinders just kept hitting the fielders, FP settled but weren't scoring.
You could just sense a wicket was due at any time.
Carey came on and first ball was a rank half tracker that was attempted to cut, snick, out. More pressure. FP just couldn't handle it.
The two catches I saw behind the stumps were crackers.
You don't call off a days play just for the sake of it, PH were ballsy enough to take the punt their bowlers were good enough to bowl tight lines and get the job done.
Wicket had absolutely nothing to do with it, outfield was dry.
No excuses, FP played a better side on the day and I hate PH in the nicest possible way.
Password Please

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:06 pm

Will Woodville South accept their promotion to A1 or will they opt to stay in A2 like they did in 2016?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Gordon Smith announced as Payneham's senior coach
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Gordon Smith announced as Payneham's senior coach

Hopefully he can reverse their slide down the grades .... good luck!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby the smokey » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:55 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

How many blocks from IF will follow him to Payneham? I know he wasn't the coach last year but he has a lot of blokes at IF that really look up to him... will be interesting.
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 am

the smokey wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

How many blocks from IF will follow him to Payneham? I know he wasn't the coach last year but he has a lot of blokes at IF that really look up to him... will be interesting.

Stuff all is my guess.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Catter4lyfe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Real question is I heard he was going to ports and had a deal with Eranga signed to head to ports. Be interesting to see if this change impacts that.

Eranga in A3s would really be taking the pi55 if that does happen.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:46 pm

I believe Gordon smiths former assistant at Ingle Farm is now the coach of Port Districts.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:56 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:I believe Gordon smiths former assistant at Ingle Farm is now the coach of Port Districts.

"Believe".. C'mon man, the FB status went up start of the month and you were all over it/

"believe".. you know. Just say it straight. 8) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:I believe Gordon smiths former assistant at Ingle Farm is now the coach of Port Districts.

"Believe".. C'mon man, the FB status went up start of the month and you were all over it/

"believe".. you know. Just say it straight. 8) :lol:

One less coach for enfield to recruit.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps