Banned cricketers

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Banned cricketers

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Banned cricketers

Postby Homer J » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Central United and South Gambier would feel mighty ripped off given this occurred before the Country Living T20 Finals and these players were allowed to play in the finals a week after this occurred.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Homer J wrote:Central United and South Gambier would feel mighty ripped off given this occurred before the Country Living T20 Finals and these players were allowed to play in the finals a week after this occurred.

The game where the players were reported was played on 20 January and the tribunal hearing was held on 3 February which was after the Country Living T20 Finals. I guess you can question why it took so long for the hearing, but it does take time to set up tribunal and gather witnesses. Bottom line is they have to be innocent until proven guilty, therefore Central United and South Gambier cannot have too many complaints.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:58 pm

So what you are saying is that if a player is reported in a semi final they will be allowed to play in the grand final because a tribunal can't be organised quickly enough. If found guilty and suspended for one game what penalty is that - miss the first round of next season when they should have missed the grand final! The player would be laughing all the way. Tribunals should be held before the next round.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 am

Different Comps Lads.

Rocco head butted a bloke after the ATCA Turf20s semi finals (allegedly).
Rocco then played in (and won) the SAMCA T20 semi and grand finals.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:13 am

Interestingly, Kane Richardson has just been suspended from District and Shield cricket for a verbal offence that occurred in a grade game.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:38 am

The Old Fellow wrote:So what you are saying is that if a player is reported in a semi final they will be allowed to play in the grand final because a tribunal can't be organised quickly enough. If found guilty and suspended for one game what penalty is that - miss the first round of next season when they should have missed the grand final! The player would be laughing all the way. Tribunals should be held before the next round.

No, that is not what I'm saying. If a situation arose where a player was reported in a Semi Final , I'm sure ATCA would ensure a tribunal hearing is held and decision made before the Grand Final was played. The Pooraka boys were suspended as a result of incidents in the ATCA T20 Semi Final, which they lost. If they had won that game and had players on report, ATCA would have had to resolve the issue before the grand final. I'm not sure they are obliged to resolve the issue just because Pooraka are in the SAMCA T20 Cup finals which is a completely different competition.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby beeroclock » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Trader wrote:Different Comps Lads.

Rocco head butted a bloke after the ATCA Turf20s semi finals (allegedly).
Rocco then played in (and won) the SAMCA T20 semi and grand finals.

Totally acceptable then.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:So what you are saying is that if a player is reported in a semi final they will be allowed to play in the grand final because a tribunal can't be organised quickly enough. If found guilty and suspended for one game what penalty is that - miss the first round of next season when they should have missed the grand final! The player would be laughing all the way. Tribunals should be held before the next round.

No, that is not what I'm saying. If a situation arose where a player was reported in a Semi Final , I'm sure ATCA would ensure a tribunal hearing is held and decision made before the Grand Final was played. The Pooraka boys were suspended as a result of incidents in the ATCA T20 Semi Final, which they lost. If they had won that game and had players on report, ATCA would have had to resolve the issue before the grand final. I'm not sure they are obliged to resolve the issue just because Pooraka are in the SAMCA T20 Cup finals which is a completely different competition.

ATCA is not obliged to hold a tribunal before the CLH T20 finals as the offences occurred in another comp but other associations would have taken notice of ATCA promptness (lack of) and attitude of the circumstances and situation. As the ATCA T20 semi and the CLH T20 finals were a week apart and you say that a tribunal would be organised and held between a semi and grand final, a tribunal could have been held in this situation, before the CLH games. It may of helped Pooraka if one was held as some of the games served may have been the two CLH finals and therefore the players would be available earlier than they are now before the A1 finals.
Doubt if it would have had any affect on the result against Central United but the game against South Gambier may have been more interesting. If Rocco was suspended for these games it may of actually helped Pooraka as he lasted only approx 5 balls in both games combined.
People say it was a different comp but the offences and the games to be served are in different comps although both run by ATCA. Offences occurred in ATCA T20 while the suspensions are to be served in the ATCA A1 comp, and the club penalty is in next season's ATCA T20 comp.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps