PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:09 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Invested parents are the key. They will be the drivers of a club's junior program. They are the ones who want their kids to be part of something decent and will do something about it, will have relationships with other families, schools, winter sports clubs etc

I feel for a 'club' that has committee members who are tied up with senior cricket also tasked with the responsibility of developing/starting juniors. Too much to do and they typically don't have the contacts to start with.

Easier said than done but identify a couple of mums/dads who have kids in the junior age group. Get them to run the show, clubs then just need to resource them rather than the same people run a bunch more stuff

Then said parents kids grow out of juniors and the junior program falls off quicker than the mountain man on the New Price Is Right.

Everyone sits back because someone else is doing it all, then that someone else goes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dr Phil » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Invested parents are the key. They will be the drivers of a club's junior program. They are the ones who want their kids to be part of something decent and will do something about it, will have relationships with other families, schools, winter sports clubs etc

I feel for a 'club' that has committee members who are tied up with senior cricket also tasked with the responsibility of developing/starting juniors. Too much to do and they typically don't have the contacts to start with.

Easier said than done but identify a couple of mums/dads who have kids in the junior age group. Get them to run the show, clubs then just need to resource them rather than the same people run a bunch more stuff

Then said parents kids grow out of juniors and the junior program falls off quicker than the mountain man on the New Price Is Right.

Everyone sits back because someone else is doing it all, then that someone else goes.
Liked for the mountain man.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
Dr Phil
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

:lol: Brilliant comparison
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 pm

How pissed off were you when he didn't even a gig on an episode?

Should've been mandatory.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Rinse, repeat

Once something is running it's easier to continue it. Starting from scratch is much harder. There are always parents of U10s there, parents with younger brothers coming through etc.

Clubs shouldn't look at it as we need to set up U10, U12, U14 and U16 teams so we need to find 44 players, 4 coaches, an extra oval, 4 team kits, more match balls... that's very difficult. Instead clubs need to find two parents. Still difficult but not as difficult.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am

PDCA AGM the other night.. nothing exciting.

Two new clubs to enter - one the former Never2Late side from C&CCA, the other been playing under the North Pines banner.
Eastern Park returning to D1

Discussion around potential for 6 team grades in the future - appeared to be supported by all clubs, but still the stupid argument of needing to have a couple years to implement so you don't make clubs sad that don't get promoted.

I couldn't give a **** if clubs are sad for a season that they're not in the grade they want - we are stuck again in D2 despite winning 5 games in 2 seasons, we don't get a choice about going down.. **** we shouldn't even be in D2 to begin with! We have managed to go from D5 to D2 without winning a thing.

Anyway, I digress.

Test weekend off means a Sat/Sun game as well - **** i love Sunday cricket :roll:

Roll on the new season, can't wait for another 6 months of wasted Saturdays chasing a stupid red ball in the hope of somehow making my dad proud.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:33 pm

"Discussion around potential for 6 team grades in the future - appeared to be supported by all clubs, but still the stupid argument of needing to have a couple years to implement so you don't make clubs sad that don't get promoted."

would this be a combination of 2 day and one day games - we did the maths in the BLCA and found at 6 teams you could have a round of 2 day, one day and 20-20 and still have weeks off

BLCA however looking at 10 teams competitions with only 2 dayers - 18 weeks
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:would this be a combination of 2 day and one day games - we did the maths in the BLCA and found at 6 teams you could have a round of 2 day, one day and 20-20 and still have weeks off

BLCA however looking at 10 teams competitions with only 2 dayers - 18 weeks

Bit to play out, but yeah i think so.

Would either be 5x 2 dayers, 5x 1 dayers maybe couple of T20's - schedule test weekend and Aus Day weekend off, finish season earlier, or could be 5x 2 dayers and 10x one dayers which is what they played in Grade 4 last year.

As was pointed out, the gap between summer and winter seasons seems to be almost non-existent, and impacts things such as finals availability, interest levels, burn out factor and being able to schedule/fit in presentation evenings.

Particularly when you factor in the last couple of footy seasons and the impact covid has had, having a bit more flexibility would be good.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm

We found we are programming to accommodate more time off as tis it what the public want

Often difficult for the older generation to comprehend, we would play all the time, but essential moving forward to keep players playing cricket
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:PDCA AGM the other night.. nothing exciting.

Two new clubs to enter - one the former Never2Late side from C&CCA, the other been playing under the North Pines banner.
Eastern Park returning to D1

Discussion around potential for 6 team grades in the future - appeared to be supported by all clubs, but still the stupid argument of needing to have a couple years to implement so you don't make clubs sad that don't get promoted.

I couldn't give a **** if clubs are sad for a season that they're not in the grade they want - we are stuck again in D2 despite winning 5 games in 2 seasons, we don't get a choice about going down.. **** we shouldn't even be in D2 to begin with! We have managed to go from D5 to D2 without winning a thing.

Anyway, I digress.

Test weekend off means a Sat/Sun game as well - **** i love Sunday cricket :roll:

Roll on the new season, can't wait for another 6 months of wasted Saturdays chasing a stupid red ball in the hope of somehow making my dad proud.

I'd happily come play at your club if I could mate
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:09 am

A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1.

Is this the second time they have 'left' and then returned?

Hope the club can get up and running again in div 1 and have sustained period in the division. Have always had the talent to be a genuine div 1 powerhouse but never made it happen for one reason or another.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 am

whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1. .

Was explained that they shouldn't be "rewarded" with going back to Grade 2 after pulling out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:21 am

whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1.

Is this the second time they have 'left' and then returned?

Hope the club can get up and running again in div 1 and have sustained period in the division. Have always had the talent to be a genuine div 1 powerhouse but never made it happen for one reason or another.

Good on them for putting their hand up to go straight back in there, no other club would be keen.

Hopefully they take off from where they left for the betterment of the comp.

Where does this leave the Units? Will Nugget and Woody head back to Dwight Reserve?

I'll be looking on with keen interest, I hope they get well supported by their club and have some decent heads giving their cricket some sustainability, great bunch of lads.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Good on them for putting their hand up to go straight back in there, no other club would be keen.

Matty Marsden hinted the other night that they'll have a very good A grade side this season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:34 am

Wonder how Grade 2 will shape up - NEK and Parafield Gardens returning, no doubt both will pick up a couple for the lower div. Pete Atkins will be back for the Knights, and wouldn't surpirse if Brad Wills headed to Gardens.

Eyre Royals lose Akram to Craigmore, that will make it interesting given he held their batting together last season.. might see them drop off the pace a bit.

ATCO get Dylan Childs back bolsters their lineup.

Peninsula Pirates should come up for their first taste of Grade 2 with Salis West heading down a grade.

with Central United and Craigmore gone, Smithfield and Parafield look the sides to beat followed by One Tree Hill and i'll have NEK in 4th.

Atco 5th, Eyre Royals 6th, Pirates 7th and Enfield to continue last couple seasons at the foot of the ladder.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Good on them for putting their hand up to go straight back in there, no other club would be keen.

Matty Marsden hinted the other night that they'll have a very good A grade side this season.

Is he heading out there for cricket too?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Doubt it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:40 am

The Bedge wrote:Wonder how Grade 2 will shape up - NEK and Parafield Gardens returning, no doubt both will pick up a couple for the lower div. Pete Atkins will be back for the Knights, and wouldn't surpirse if Brad Wills headed to Gardens.

Eyre Royals lose Akram to Craigmore, that will make it interesting given he held their batting together last season.. might see them drop off the pace a bit.

ATCO get Dylan Childs back bolsters their lineup.

Peninsula Pirates should come up for their first taste of Grade 2 with Salis West heading down a grade.

with Central United and Craigmore gone, Smithfield and Parafield look the sides to beat followed by One Tree Hill and i'll have NEK in 4th.

Atco 5th, Eyre Royals 6th, Pirates 7th and Enfield to continue last couple seasons at the foot of the ladder.

Where has Brad been?

Smithfield will have the same look, I'd say Parafield will blossom in Grade 2 after doing the hard yards for so long.

The Goats can be anything and NEK will be better for the experience.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Doubt it.

Yeah, I would've thought he would've by now if he was ever going to.

He still owns the ugliest ton I've ever seen after being clearly caught in the covers by Tuckers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1. .

Was explained that they shouldn't be "rewarded" with going back to Grade 2 after pulling out.

Fair way of looking at it.

One day its all going to click for them and they will be the next Salisbury West. Just need the club to support the cricket and appreciate the benefits a summer of cricket brings.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps