PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:33 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1. .

Was explained that they shouldn't be "rewarded" with going back to Grade 2 after pulling out.

Fair way of looking at it.

One day its all going to click for them and they will be the next Salisbury West. Just need the club to support the cricket and appreciate the benefits a summer of cricket brings.

Pound for pound they match Salisbury West, Westies have always had a strong junior program and haven't been shy in chucking the kids in the deep end and giving them Grade 1 exposure at a young age, that's where they are streets ahead of the rest of the pack.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Was explained that they shouldn't be "rewarded" with going back to Grade 2 after pulling out.

Fair way of looking at it.

One day its all going to click for them and they will be the next Salisbury West. Just need the club to support the cricket and appreciate the benefits a summer of cricket brings.

Pound for pound they match Salisbury West, Westies have always had a strong junior program and haven't been shy in chucking the kids in the deep end and giving them Grade 1 exposure at a young age, that's where they are streets ahead of the rest of the pack.

Yeah probably just needs someone in an administrative role to connect all the dots......similar to Johhny Ashworth back in the late 90's- early 2000's

Would be a great opportunity for someone hint hint hint.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1.

Is this the second time they have 'left' and then returned?

Hope the club can get up and running again in div 1 and have sustained period in the division. Have always had the talent to be a genuine div 1 powerhouse but never made it happen for one reason or another.

Good on them for putting their hand up to go straight back in there, no other club would be keen.

Hopefully they take off from where they left for the betterment of the comp.

Where does this leave the Units? Will Nugget and Woody head back to Dwight Reserve?

I'll be looking on with keen interest, I hope they get well supported by their club and have some decent heads giving their cricket some sustainability, great bunch of lads.

Woody won’t leave the units again, nugget will be back at Dwight reserve.. Matt marsden won’t ever leave Parafield, but the question gets asked of him regularly to come across!

EP have actually got a massive name on board to coach this season, when he sat down to interview he didn’t just talk about winning a grade 1 flag he put forward an entire business plan and talked more about growing the entire club as one and make it a destination club for many years to come! We’ve never had anyone care about the cricket let alone any team other than the A grade since Johnny ashworth passed away tbh, so landing this bloke is going to be huge for them on field and even bigger off field
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:A little surprised EP have been allowed straight back into div1.

Is this the second time they have 'left' and then returned?

Hope the club can get up and running again in div 1 and have sustained period in the division. Have always had the talent to be a genuine div 1 powerhouse but never made it happen for one reason or another.

Good on them for putting their hand up to go straight back in there, no other club would be keen.

Hopefully they take off from where they left for the betterment of the comp.

Where does this leave the Units? Will Nugget and Woody head back to Dwight Reserve?

I'll be looking on with keen interest, I hope they get well supported by their club and have some decent heads giving their cricket some sustainability, great bunch of lads.

Woody won’t leave the units again, nugget will be back at Dwight reserve.. Matt marsden won’t ever leave Parafield, but the question gets asked of him regularly to come across!

EP have actually got a massive name on board to coach this season, when he sat down to interview he didn’t just talk about winning a grade 1 flag he put forward an entire business plan and talked more about growing the entire club as one and make it a destination club for many years to come! We’ve never had anyone care about the cricket let alone any team other than the A grade since Johnny ashworth passed away tbh, so landing this bloke is going to be huge for them on field and even bigger off field

Couldn't agree more with that mate.

Funnily enough I mentioned Johnny in my post without seeing you one.

Whilst Ive had my differences with the place (which were pretty much all around no one caring about cricket) I absolutely love EP and the blokes involved there. I hope the new coach can bring some sustainability because the talent is there ready to go.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:26 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Woody won’t leave the units again, nugget will be back at Dwight reserve.. Matt marsden won’t ever leave Parafield, but the question gets asked of him regularly to come across!

Is it Thommo?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:30 pm

The coach definitely has big plans and like I said hearing someone talk about building a cricket club up the way he did with different ideas and things was new to everyone at EP! He’s been involved with high level cricket clubs for a long time and as far as I know always been successful so will be good to see what he brings to the table.. As far as I know already recruited 3-4 blokes, outside of the returning EP boys, to bolster to A grade’
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:32 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:The coach definitely has big plans and like I said hearing someone talk about building a cricket club up the way he did with different ideas and things was new to everyone at EP! He’s been involved with high level cricket clubs for a long time and as far as I know always been successful so will be good to see what he brings to the table.. As far as I know already recruited 3-4 blokes, outside of the returning EP boys, to bolster to A grade’

Well tell us who it is **** ya! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:34 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:The coach definitely has big plans and like I said hearing someone talk about building a cricket club up the way he did with different ideas and things was new to everyone at EP! He’s been involved with high level cricket clubs for a long time and as far as I know always been successful so will be good to see what he brings to the table.. As far as I know already recruited 3-4 blokes, outside of the returning EP boys, to bolster to A grade’

Good to hear, it would be an attractive gig if you had the commitment of the playing group.

I think I've got a fair idea who you are referring to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Well tell us who it is **** ya! :lol:

Nah I’ll wait until he announces himself, I think he is still tied in to another club and hasn’t told them to be honest.. But I’m sure it wouldn’t take much thinking to figure it out yourself in reality lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Dr Phil » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Well tell us who it is **** ya! [emoji38]

Nah I’ll wait until he announces himself, I think he is still tied in to another club and hasn’t told them to be honest.. But I’m sure it wouldn’t take much thinking to figure it out yourself in reality lol
Congrats Bedge

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
Dr Phil
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Absolute disgrace in putting EP straight back into grade 1. The privilege to play grade 1 has to be earnt not just given. EP has done the dirty to the association twice in the last 5 seasons or so and especially stuffed up grade 1 last season. I would have put them in grade 3 or 4 without allowing any of their former players (the ones who walked away) to play. Let them earn some respect back from the other clubs as what I have heard if it was up to the clubs to vote them in like before there would have been no EP seniors next season. I know it wasn't up to the clubs as EP maintained 1 team last year so they are not treated like a new club. Lets see if a football club is serious about cricket as they haven't had their AGM and it could change after that.

Putting EP back into grade 1 only allows PG the easy road to drop to grade 2. Compare this with what Enfield has had to put up with in grade 2.

2 should have been promoted from grade 2 and only 1 demoted to regain an 8 team comp, or to allow PG to be demoted promote 3, Units, Craigmore and either OTH or Royals.

Anyway good luck to them with the big B (remoured) at the helm. I will watch to see what happens during the season.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:23 pm

So who is in Grade 1 this season?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:I would have put them in grade 3 or 4 without allowing any of their former players (the ones who walked away) to play..

That would be the only way you could drop them down the grades.

It's a little like the debate in AdFL about clubs that drop out then return in D7 - are you rewarding the club with instant success in a lower division, or punishing them by being that low?

It's hard to say players cant return though, after all it's community cricket.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:So who is in Grade 1 this season?

1. Salisbury West
2. Angle Vale
3. Virginia
4. Dublin
5. North Pines
6. Eastern Park
7. Central United
8. Craigmore

Out: Parafield Gardens, North Eastern Knights
In: Central United, Craigmore
Returning: Eastern Park
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:46 pm

Grade 2
1. North Eastern Knights (relegated)
2. Parafield Gardens (relegated)
3. Eyre Royals
4. ATCO
5. Smithfield
6. One Tree Hill
7. Enfield
8. Peninsula Pirates (promoted D3 G/F)

Grade 3
1. Salisbury West 'B' (relegated)
2. Eyre Royals 'B' (D3 premiers)
3 North Eastern Knights 'B' (D3 minor premiers)
4. Enfield 'B'
5. Craigmore 'B'
6. North Pines 'B'
7. Two Wells 'A' (D4 G/F)
8. Dublin 'B' (D4 G/F)

Grade 4
1. One Tree Hill 'B' (relegated)
2. Parafield Gardens 'B' (relegated)
3. North Pines 'C'
4. Central United 'B'
5. Salisbury West 'C'
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Six Team Grades
Grade 1
1. Salisbury West 'A'
2. Angle Vale 'A'
3. Virginia 'A'
4. Dublin 'A'
5. North Pines 'A'
6. Central United 'A' (Grade 2 Premiers)

Grade 2
1. Craigmore 'A' (Grade 2 G/F)
2. Eastern Park 'A'
3. Parafield Gardens 'A'
4. North Eastern Knights 'A'
5. Eyre Royals 'A'
6. One Tree Hill 'A'

Grade 3
1. Smithfield 'A'
2. ATCO 'A'
3. Eyre Royals 'B' (Grade 3 Premiers)
4. Peninsula Pirates (Grade 3 G/F)
5. Enfield 'A'
6. North Eastern Knights 'B' (Grade 3 minor premier)

Grade 4
1. Salisbury West 'B'
2. Craigmore 'B'
3. North Pines 'B'
4. One Tree Hill 'B'
5. Two Wells 'A'
6. Dublin 'B'

Grade 5
1. Enfield 'B'
2. Parafield Gardens 'B'
3. Central United 'B'
4. North Pines 'C'
5. Salisbury West 'C'
6. Make Para Vista field a 2 day side.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:09 pm

Interestingly, A&SCA seems to be going well - 10x grades of 8 teams all playing 2 day cricket.

Why can't we have that. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Absolute disgrace in putting EP straight back into grade 1. The privilege to play grade 1 has to be earnt not just given. EP has done the dirty to the association twice in the last 5 seasons or so and especially stuffed up grade 1 last season. I would have put them in grade 3 or 4 without allowing any of their former players (the ones who walked away) to play. Let them earn some respect back from the other clubs as what I have heard if it was up to the clubs to vote them in like before there would have been no EP seniors next season. I know it wasn't up to the clubs as EP maintained 1 team last year so they are not treated like a new club. Lets see if a football club is serious about cricket as they haven't had their AGM and it could change after that.

Putting EP back into grade 1 only allows PG the easy road to drop to grade 2. Compare this with what Enfield has had to put up with in grade 2.

2 should have been promoted from grade 2 and only 1 demoted to regain an 8 team comp, or to allow PG to be demoted promote 3, Units, Craigmore and either OTH or Royals.

Anyway good luck to them with the big B (remoured) at the helm. I will watch to see what happens during the season.

Just for the record it was the club that pulled the team because majority of their A grade squad weren’t available for the first part of the season! Would have been a tough 5-6 weeks and the cricket delegate at the time didn’t want that so most of us were forced to find another team if we wanted to play..

Who is the big B? Lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:35 pm

If any pdca teams are interested In having a pre season hit out this year let us know. Our mob will be keen for a one dayer if time between footy/cricket allows.

2.5 hours north of the CBD, plenty of breweries/wineries/accomodation around there area to make a day or weekend of it
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:51 pm

whufc wrote:If any pdca teams are interested In having a pre season hit out this year let us know. Our mob will be keen for a one dayer if time between footy/cricket allows.

2.5 hours north of the CBD, plenty of breweries/wineries/accomodation around there area to make a day or weekend of it

I’d be keen
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps