PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am

whufc wrote:No Grand Final displayed on MyCricket for the LO1.

Rumour has it a player from the Grand Masters has 'dobbed' in their own club for collaborating to get a desired result in the round 18 clash between the A & B Grade which saw the A grade win a double bonus point.

On the first two occasions the A & B Grade met the B grade actually won, on the third occasion with finals on the line the A Grade managed to chase down 175 off 19.5 overs ensuring they got the double bonus points.

Apparently no grand final to be held, no premiers anointed and Para Vista to be declared Minor Premiers for the year.

If true PDCA has to take a hell of a lot of responsibility imo for allowing an A and B grade to be in the same division.

Very sad end for all clubs in that comp if true.

Should've allowed Angle Vale to go through or award Vista the Nothing Cup.

Does anyone know when and where the presentation is for the Grand Masters, and where I can get tickets from?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

whufc wrote:Absolutely the club lack integrity but its just fraught with danger and so naïve to think that a club wouldn't take advantage of it in the very near future.

Now a whole season for a bunch of clubs has been screwed over by something most of us would have guessed could happen in the very near future.

Completely eliminate any risk at all and make them play in separate divisions...simple.

Really only one club burnt by this - Vista.. but they would've pissed the flag in anyway. Grand Masters still would've make the finals, probably still would've fielded same side vs Angle Vale.

The onus is on the club, and they should be better than that - simple. Their punishment? Missing a Grand Final... perhaps they could cop further sanctions, but that's a pretty severe penalty in itself, spending all season playing only to miss the GF.

If it was a 2 day comp it would be easier, they'd only play twice - Round 1 and Round 7 - very hard to doctor results (or have the intention) in those games.. 1 day comp a little harder with 3 meetings.. however, PDCA could've appointed an official to the games if they had concerns about something dodgy happening.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:27 am

The Bedge wrote:Geez PDCA really have lost a lot of players to BLCA over the years

Picked up a few as well, it comes in waves. At Atco we had Danny Kaye & Trae McArthur, obviously Dublin have the Barker Boys. AV picked up Meredith.

Interesting as we discussed earlier in the year. The boys coming from the Barossa (Barkers) were top class players both finishing in the top 4 for runs.

Going the other way Benny McMullen was a star with the ball finishing third in their comp. Surprisingly though really struggled with the bat finishing around 30th in their leagues runs.

Most of the others who went across to the Barossa had a couple of fleeting moments but really didn't have an impact.

Also with the PDCA crew who went to Willaston and div2 of Barossa. Dyl McIver topped the league for runs but none of the others finished in the top 15.Wickets wise only Mitch McIver finished in the top ten in tenth position. Dylan Childs from Atco had a strong year though finishing fourth in their wickets.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Absolutely the club lack integrity but its just fraught with danger and so naïve to think that a club wouldn't take advantage of it in the very near future.

Now a whole season for a bunch of clubs has been screwed over by something most of us would have guessed could happen in the very near future.

Completely eliminate any risk at all and make them play in separate divisions...simple.

Really only one club burnt by this - Vista.. but they would've pissed the flag in anyway. Grand Masters still would've make the finals, probably still would've fielded same side vs Angle Vale.

The onus is on the club, and they should be better than that - simple. Their punishment? Missing a Grand Final... perhaps they could cop further sanctions, but that's a pretty severe penalty in itself, spending all season playing only to miss the GF.

If it was a 2 day comp it would be easier, they'd only play twice - Round 1 and Round 7 - very hard to doctor results (or have the intention) in those games.. 1 day comp a little harder with 3 meetings.. however, PDCA could've appointed an official to the games if they had concerns about something dodgy happening.

Your kinder than I am. If they are 100% found to have cheated to make results go their way they should be kicked out the comp or at very least not allowed to have two teams in the same division ever again.

PDCA have an option to never have this issue happen again and that's simply avoid two teams in the same div. Guarentee if they allow clubs to keep having sides in the same comp this issue will arise again within five years.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:34 am

Fight me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:35 am

The Bedge wrote:Fight me.

Oi...….my club has lost our gun spinner / opening bat.....when you moving out to the country and playing for the Barebackers!!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:36 am

The Bedge wrote:Geez PDCA really have lost a lot of players to BLCA over the years

You can add Deakin Davis and Hayden Moss to the Willaston list. (Smithfield/EP & Smithfield)
Owen, Williams and 2 x Goulding to Lyndoch (Smithfield)
Hannun, McMillan, Colbourne, Parker to Freeling (Smithfield x2, Riverside & ATCO/Craigmore?)
Crossley, Kaye, McArthur, Norman to Light Pass (Craigmore, ATCO & Units)
Ray Ray, Banks, McMullen, PJ, Gill, Jeffrey, Ahern to Sth Gawler (EP & Craigmore)
Sibbick, Gebauer, Lewendon, Chesson to Sandy (BL, Craigmore x2 & Westies)
McCafferty and Coombes to Greenock (Westies)

There's more that have come and gone or returned but there would be a fair line up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:38 am

whufc wrote:

Picked up a few as well, it comes in waves. At Atco we had Danny Kaye & Trae McArthur, obviously Dublin have the Barker Boys. AV picked up Meredith.

Interesting as we discussed earlier in the year. The boys coming from the Barossa (Barkers) were top class players both finishing in the top 4 for runs.

Going the other way Benny McMullen was a star with the ball finishing third in their comp. Surprisingly though really struggled with the bat finishing around 30th in their leagues runs.

Most of the others who went across to the Barossa had a couple of fleeting moments but really didn't have an impact.

Also with the PDCA crew who went to Willaston and div2 of Barossa. Dyl McIver topped the league for runs but none of the others finished in the top 15.Wickets wise only Mitch McIver finished in the top ten in tenth position. Dylan Childs from Atco had a strong year though finishing fourth in their wickets.

McArthur was an Angle Vale junior, used to go by a different surname.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

McArthur was an Angle Vale junior, used to go by a different surname.

Didn't realise he played at Angle Vale, yeah he was Menzies. Is now at Lights Pass with Danny Kaye and Dylan Childs.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

You can add Deakin Davis and Hayden Moss to the Willaston list. (Smithfield/EP & Smithfield)
Owen, Williams and 2 x Goulding to Lyndoch (Smithfield)
Hannun, McMillan, Colbourne, Parker to Freeling (Smithfield x2, Riverside & ATCO/Craigmore?)
Crossley, Kaye, McArthur, Norman to Light Pass (Craigmore, ATCO & Units)
Ray Ray, Banks, McMullen, PJ, Gill, Jeffrey, Ahern to Sth Gawler (EP & Craigmore)
Sibbick, Gebauer, Lewendon, Chesson to Sandy (BL, Craigmore x2 & Westies)
McCafferty and Coombes to Greenock (Westies)

There's more that have come and gone or returned but there would be a fair line up.

Im guessing for many in recent times anyway that the lure of having a crack on turf is strong.

Also a few of those names have definitely being getting swung a bit of coin which from understanding (maybe naively) isn't a huge aspect of Para Districts gratefully.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 am

whufc wrote:Didn't realise he played at Angle Vale, yeah he was Menzies. Is now at Lights Pass with Danny Kaye and Dylan Childs.

Yep,, that was him, I coached him in an association under 14 team or something, I think I made him captain, then again when we won the SAMCA under 21's cup.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Didn't realise he played at Angle Vale, yeah he was Menzies. Is now at Lights Pass with Danny Kaye and Dylan Childs.

Yep,, that was him, I coached him in an association under 14 team or something, I think I made him captain, then again when we won the SAMCA under 21's cup.

I reckon you had him captain of the u/21 PDCA side, game was played at Fitzroy, that was when he was at Atco and a few of us went out and watched. Very good side, reckon you Luke Childs, Tuckers, Nugget and a few others.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:20 am

whufc wrote:I reckon you had him captain of the u/21 PDCA side, game was played at Fitzroy, that was when he was at Atco and a few of us went out and watched. Very good side, reckon you Luke Childs, Tuckers, Nugget and a few others.

This game?

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ID=1813676

I was coaching Churches.. had been rolled for 19 the game before. Pretty reasonable effort in the end I thought against a strong PDCA side. Luke Childs took the game away from us.. he was a bit fitter back then :P

From memory Dom wasn't initially in the side, then we played a friendly T20 game and he played for Churches and blasted 80 odd from about 30 balls. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I reckon you had him captain of the u/21 PDCA side, game was played at Fitzroy, that was when he was at Atco and a few of us went out and watched. Very good side, reckon you Luke Childs, Tuckers, Nugget and a few others.

This game?

I was coaching Churches.. had been rolled for 19 the game before. Pretty reasonable effort in the end I thought against a strong PDCA side. Luke Childs took the game away from us.. he was a bit fitter back then :P

From memory Dom wasn't initially in the side, then we played a friendly T20 game and he played for Churches and blasted 80 odd from about 30 balls. :lol:

Yeah that's the one...……..Luke certainly was....actually a very underrated cricketer back in his day. Good with the ball, very very very handy number 7/8 with the bat in div1/2 and one of the best fielders you would have ever seen.

I remember we had a massive night the night before.....one of the lads birthdays I reckon and I was ducking off into the bushes for a few sneaky vomits.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I reckon you had him captain of the u/21 PDCA side, game was played at Fitzroy, that was when he was at Atco and a few of us went out and watched. Very good side, reckon you Luke Childs, Tuckers, Nugget and a few others.

No Nugget, we had Wardy, Dom and Trav from Westies, Tuckers, Aussie Smith from the Vale along with my 12 year old spinner Forrester. Lyndon Woods came in for the last minor round game, Will Quick was in there too as well as Luke.

Pound for pound ATCA was far better than us, we just executed a great game plan that everyone stuck to, had a ripper group too, everyone played their part and played for each other, great banter along the way too.

While I was addressing the team in the changerooms pre-game @ Fitzroy that day some Wizard looking dude from the medieval battle across the park came waltzing in to our rooms, walked through the group and proceeded to take a dump in our dunny.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:that day some Wizard looking dude from the medieval battle across the park came waltzing in to our rooms, walked through the group and proceeded to take a dump in our dunny.

Damn! Forgot about tha1 with the medieval stuff going on! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 am

The Bedge wrote:

This game?

Yep, Dom didn't want to play initially but then came to the practice match pretty keen, I wasn't gonna boot anyone out so he suited up for you guys.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No Nugget, we had Wardy, Dom and Trav from Westies, Tuckers, Aussie Smith from the Vale along with my 12 year old spinner Forrester. Lyndon Woods came in for the last minor round game, Will Quick was in there too as well as Luke.

Pound for pound ATCA was far better than us, we just executed a great game plan that everyone stuck to, had a ripper group too, everyone played their part and played for each other, great banter along the way too.

While I was addressing the team in the changerooms pre-game @ Fitzroy that day some Wizard looking dude from the medieval battle across the park came waltzing in to our rooms, walked through the group and proceeded to take a dump in our dunny.

That's right......the medivial thing was on across the park :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:55 am

whufc wrote:
That's right......the medivial thing was on across the park :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have a couple of photo's of it, the other has Scotty in it.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 am

So effing good! :lol: :lol:

That was the best bit of the whole day! Watching people sword fight and throw magical spells at each other :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps