Junior Footy - Elizabeth Area

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Junior Footy - Elizabeth Area

Postby skywalker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Am looking to get young Lucas Skywalker away from the TV and get him into footy but don't know much about the way local footy clubs cater for juniors around the Elizabeth - Munno Para area. Lots of info/opinions on the seniors side of it, but would like some kind of independent (if thats possible) rating of junior programs. Prefer a club with the right attitudes and role models to young people, not a "beer drinking, pot smoking, writing themselves off" kind of culture. Any suggestions?
I wanna grow up to be Chad Vader
skywalker
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Junior Footy - Elizabeth Area

Postby Draft Pick 72 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Come a few minutes up the road to Gawler!!!
Draft Pick 72

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Sounds like mission impossible
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby aceman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

skywalker wrote:Am looking to get young Lucas Skywalker away from the TV and get him into footy but don't know much about the way local footy clubs cater for juniors around the Elizabeth - Munno Para area. Lots of info/opinions on the seniors side of it, but would like some kind of independent (if thats possible) rating of junior programs. Prefer a club with the right attitudes and role models to young people, not a "beer drinking, pot smoking, writing themselves off" kind of culture. Any suggestions?

Take Little Lucas to Elizabeth Footy Club, they do a good job with their juniors. Was at their rego night and they do it very well.
ps I'm not an Elizabethan either, come from the north-east of the city.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Pag » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Drive the extra five minutes from Elizabeth to Salisbury mate. Best oval and facilities north of the city, junior teams in every grade, excellent coaches and the kids are really taken care of, with plenty going to play senior footy at the club, or further to SANFL/AFL.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Eastern Park best junior football club in the Elizabeth area by a mile.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5596 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Pag wrote:Drive the extra five minutes from Elizabeth to Salisbury mate. Best oval and facilities north of the city, junior teams in every grade, excellent coaches and the kids are really taken care of, with plenty going to play senior footy at the club, or further to SANFL/AFL.

I must admit Salisbury have always done well with their juniors & players going on to League ranks.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 am

Bring him down to Argana park mate. We really look after our juniors and give them every oppurtunity to succeed.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby skywalker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Yup have had a good talk to a lot of people and have taken him out to Elizabeth under Gary Stewart. Hopefully have made the right decision.
skywalker
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

skywalker wrote:Yup have had a good talk to a lot of people and have taken him out to Elizabeth under Gary Stewart. Hopefully have made the right decision.

Is Gary Stewart the bloke who use to be involved in Smithfield and is a regular at Central games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5596 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am

skywalker wrote:Yup have had a good talk to a lot of people and have taken him out to Elizabeth under Gary Stewart. Hopefully have made the right decision.
:) Good on u mate. Welcome to Argana Park.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby skywalker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am

whufc wrote:

Is Gary Stewart the bloke who use to be involved in Smithfield and is a regular at Central games.

Couldn't tell you mate.
skywalker
Under 16s

Postby RedMagpie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm

I have been a bit of a club whore, Played alot of Juniors at North Pines, that club, for the tallent they have seen through there doors should be a force in the Amature Leauge, however through poor management and just a terrible set up of senior football, under 14's and higher, they have lost alot of footballers!

I went to Salisbury North to play under 15's and tasted my first success playing finals football. How ever, while they had good junior players and AMAZING facilites they were not a club and the atmosphere was terrible, in the under 16's I went back to North Pines with alot of lads to go through the season undefeated only to be knocked out in straight sets, I played seniors out there that year but didn't really enjoy the get pissed mentality that seemed to filter through from the under performing seniors to their under 17's at the time and now down to us under 16's!

Under 17's I went back out to Salisbury North, how ever two weeks befor the first game we were unsure if there was going to be an under 17's side, so i headed down Waterloo Corner Road to a club that in the under 15's were well respected. I managed to met a young Pag and a footy club that supports Junior development and has amazing structures in place!

Salisbury by far has one of the best junior set ups in the North and that is evident with decades of Great junior sides comming through, and Salisbury have provided many SANFL and now a few AFL footballers. With Guys like Kym Finlay-Smith, Shane Brown and Kym McPherson over seeing things Saislbury is the Club to be at!

I will add, Eastern Park have produced many good footballers and Junior sides are always successful, Elizabeth also seem to have a good junior set up, but dont seem to get the success the other good set ups do.

If I had my time again, I would have gone to Salisbury in the under 15's and never have left! I think it is good to play at different clubs, see different structures, because one may not fit all, I do apriciate my time at Soalisbury North, they instilled confidence in my game and I fell I understood my role that year better than I had or do now! But the comradarie was not there. The Salisbury football club support their juniors with many senior players getting out and around the kids on Sunday's, even at training, it is not uncommon to see the seniors having a kick and a catch before training with the 14's or 16's.
RedMagpie
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BZB27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 pm

RedMagpie wrote:I have been a bit of a club whore, Played alot of Juniors at North Pines, that club, for the tallent they have seen through there doors should be a force in the Amature Leauge, however through poor management and just a terrible set up of senior football, under 14's and higher, they have lost alot of footballers!

I went to Salisbury North to play under 15's and tasted my first success playing finals football. How ever, while they had good junior players and AMAZING facilites they were not a club and the atmosphere was terrible, in the under 16's I went back to North Pines with alot of lads to go through the season undefeated only to be knocked out in straight sets, I played seniors out there that year but didn't really enjoy the get pissed mentality that seemed to filter through from the under performing seniors to their under 17's at the time and now down to us under 16's!

Under 17's I went back out to Salisbury North, how ever two weeks befor the first game we were unsure if there was going to be an under 17's side, so i headed down Waterloo Corner Road to a club that in the under 15's were well respected. I managed to met a young Pag and a footy club that supports Junior development and has amazing structures in place!

Salisbury by far has one of the best junior set ups in the North and that is evident with decades of Great junior sides comming through, and Salisbury have provided many SANFL and now a few AFL footballers. With Guys like Kym Finlay-Smith, Shane Brown and Kym McPherson over seeing things Saislbury is the Club to be at!

I will add, Eastern Park have produced many good footballers and Junior sides are always successful, Elizabeth also seem to have a good junior set up, but dont seem to get the success the other good set ups do.

If I had my time again, I would have gone to Salisbury in the under 15's and never have left! I think it is good to play at different clubs, see different structures, because one may not fit all, I do apriciate my time at Soalisbury North, they instilled confidence in my game and I fell I understood my role that year better than I had or do now! But the comradarie was not there. The Salisbury football club support their juniors with many senior players getting out and around the kids on Sunday's, even at training, it is not uncommon to see the seniors having a kick and a catch before training with the 14's or 16's.

U only say that coz in under 15's salisbury went underfeated premiers and our closet win was like 9 goals in the grand final.;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues