APPS

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: APPS

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Blue Boy wrote:So does an ex SANFL player from your club attract points if they want to come straight back ???

If they played juniors at your club, no.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 pm

OnSong wrote:
Blue Boy wrote:So does an ex SANFL player from your club attract points if they want to come straight back ???

Or if they've played 25 or more games for your club....... or is my info off?
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Or if they've played 25 or more games for your club....... or is my info off?

That too.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm

See with sensible discussion all can be resolved :lol:
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby '00'02'03'07 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Mr Hart, what a mess! Hopefully the following allieviates any confusion:

any player recruited into your club, for the 2011 season, from another SAAFL club will be allocated three (3) points for Div 1-3 players and two (2) points for Div 4-7 players. Any player recruited from North Pines, Ovingham or Wingfield Royals will be allocated two (2) points as this player has played “A” grade at that club.

As indicated earlier ALL EXISTING players registered at your club who currently have a “Player Point Rating” of one (1) or above will automatically drop one (1) point for the 2011 season. (ie. John Smith transferred from SAAFL club A to SAAFL club B in March 2010 and was allocated one point. If John Smith continues to play with SAAFL Club B during 2011 he will automatically drop to zero points)

Hey Footy Chick. Was just wondering. What if a player returns to a club which he has previously played for? How does the player points work then?
'00'02'03'07
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:18 pm

'00'02'03'07 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Mr Hart, what a mess! Hopefully the following allieviates any confusion:

any player recruited into your club, for the 2011 season, from another SAAFL club will be allocated three (3) points for Div 1-3 players and two (2) points for Div 4-7 players. Any player recruited from North Pines, Ovingham or Wingfield Royals will be allocated two (2) points as this player has played “A” grade at that club.

As indicated earlier ALL EXISTING players registered at your club who currently have a “Player Point Rating” of one (1) or above will automatically drop one (1) point for the 2011 season. (ie. John Smith transferred from SAAFL club A to SAAFL club B in March 2010 and was allocated one point. If John Smith continues to play with SAAFL Club B during 2011 he will automatically drop to zero points)

Hey Footy Chick. Was just wondering. What if a player returns to a club which he has previously played for? How does the player points work then?

Junior or 25 games, zero points. Otherwise maximum value.
OnSong
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:35 pm

White Line Fever wrote:
zedman wrote:yeah..doesnt hurt to have discussions on points of conjecture but in the end we want whats good football..urggh cliche :)

Let's just take it one week at a time :lol:

yeah that one to :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Shirtfront » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 am

So we are putting a points system in to encourage the home grown talent. I can understand that. It pretty much has put the last nail in the coffin for teams like Kilburn though.
I pose a question, if player A has played over 100 games for his club, could he be worth -1 point?? Also possibly 150 games -2, over 200 -3. Obvioulsy player A has committed to the club concerned, maybe the league would reward that team by putting some points in credit?
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 am

Shirtfront wrote:So we are putting a points system in to encourage the home grown talent. I can understand that. It pretty much has put the last nail in the coffin for teams like Kilburn though.
I pose a question, if player A has played over 100 games for his club, could he be worth -1 point?? Also possibly 150 games -2, over 200 -3. Obvioulsy player A has committed to the club concerned, maybe the league would reward that team by putting some points in credit?

How would that promote/encourage nurturing junior players?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Shirtfront » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 am

OnSong wrote:
Shirtfront wrote:So we are putting a points system in to encourage the home grown talent. I can understand that. It pretty much has put the last nail in the coffin for teams like Kilburn though.

How would that promote/encourage nurturing junior players?[/quote

I would suggest it would kick clubs into gear to try and nuture their young talent into 100 + game players and therefore receive a bonus with points credit.
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 am

Shirtfront wrote:
OnSong wrote:

I would suggest it would kick clubs into gear to try and nuture their young talent into 100 + game players and therefore receive a bonus with points credit.

By making a senior player minus points, you're making more room to bring in more players from outside your club and not bring your juniors through.
You could get the same incentive from playing one 300 game veteran as blooding three rookies, I don't think that's helping promote the juniors.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Shirtfront » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 pm

OnSong wrote:
Shirtfront wrote:
OnSong wrote:

By making a senior player minus points, you're making more room to bring in more players from outside your club and not bring your juniors through.
You could get the same incentive from playing one 300 game veteran as blooding three rookies, I don't think that's helping promote the juniors.

Again, may argument is, by putting the time into your rookies to hopefully make them 100 + players, they already will feel wanted and probably stay at the club for longer than before. If you have these rookies playing up to 100 games of A grade footy, i would suggest the need to look elsewhere for 'big name players' would not be as demanding.

Its just a suggestion anyways, we can agree to disagree.
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Shortfall in that is what is stopping clubs naming the player in question in the C's when they don't play. What if they name them to double up ect....Too many loop holes in what otherwise sounds like a very logical idea... Maybe further study gives it merit.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:21 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Shortfall in that is what is stopping clubs naming the player in question in the C's when they don't play. What if they name them to double up ect....Too many loop holes in what otherwise sounds like a very logical idea... Maybe further study gives it merit.

What is the benifit of them doing that?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

In our local paper today, it confirms that our league - Spencer Gulf (SGL) has officially adopted the points system for 2011.

I rang my club deligate to confirm a few things:
He has said that all new recruits for season 2011 are worth 3 points, SANFL 4 points etc (as we are all aware of)
He also mentioned that last years recruits are worth 0. Yet by other posts on here, it was mentioned they still maybe worth 1 point.
Anyone from the leagues that don't adopt the point system are worth 0 points.
25 games at your club are worth 0.

There are a few things I think could fall into grey area for my team/club
25 Games played for your club - We have 2 different situations. 1 young lad has moved to Adelaide for school, played all his junior footy with us and in the last 2 years has been cleared between us & a Div3 team - not sure if he has played 25 games.
The other may have played 25 games, or just short of. His family is apart of our club. If he plays his 25th game this year, does he go from 3 points to 0 in the season? (if he attracts points initially)

Another footballer has moved due to work and for the past 2 seasons has played reserves in the HFL League, has played A's in the HFL previously. Would/Should he be 3 points? His father is also a past player.
Another footballer hasn't played football for 2 seasons, previously Div 2 I believe. Is he worth 3 points?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:45 pm

7-Dog wrote:In our local paper today, it confirms that our league - Spencer Gulf (SGL) has officially adopted the points system for 2011.

I rang my club deligate to confirm a few things:
He has said that all new recruits for season 2011 are worth 3 points, SANFL 4 points etc (as we are all aware of)
He also mentioned that last years recruits are worth 0. Yet by other posts on here, it was mentioned they still maybe worth 1 point.
Anyone from the leagues that don't adopt the point system are worth 0 points.
25 games at your club are worth 0.

There are a few things I think could fall into grey area for my team/club
25 Games played for your club - We have 2 different situations. 1 young lad has moved to Adelaide for school, played all his junior footy with us and in the last 2 years has been cleared between us & a Div3 team - not sure if he has played 25 games.
The other may have played 25 games, or just short of. His family is apart of our club. If he plays his 25th game this year, does he go from 3 points to 0 in the season? (if he attracts points initially)

Another footballer has moved due to work and for the past 2 seasons has played reserves in the HFL League, has played A's in the HFL previously. Would/Should he be 3 points? His father is also a past player.
Another footballer hasn't played football for 2 seasons, previously Div 2 I believe. Is he worth 3 points?

Ok, don't know what bylaws the SGL may have introduced this year, but here's my interpretation as per the basic structure of the APPS:

7-Dog wrote:He also mentioned that last years recruits are worth 0. Yet by other posts on here, it was mentioned they still maybe worth 1 point.

Not sure about this, depends on how your league applies it. Some leagues are stipulating recruits last year that would have been worth three points are worth two points for the 2011 season. Can vary though.

7-Dog wrote:1 young lad has moved to Adelaide for school, played all his junior footy with us and in the last 2 years has been cleared between us & a Div3 team - not sure if he has played 25 games.

If he played junior footy AT YOUR CLUB, he is 0 points.

7-Dog wrote:he other may have played 25 games, or just short of. His family is apart of our club. If he plays his 25th game this year, does he go from 3 points to 0 in the season? (if he attracts points initially)

Pretty sure if he hasn't played 25 games, 3 points for the season. Not sure what the case would be next year though. Family ties doesn't have pulling power though, either junior footy or 25 previous games, otherwise 3 points.

7-Dog wrote:Another footballer hasn't played football for 2 seasons, previously Div 2 I believe. Is he worth 3 points?

No footy for 24 months, 0 points.
OnSong
Coach

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Cheers Onsong, thanks for clearing a few up.

Just clarifying the Junior at my club. I expected the junior I mentioned to be worth 0, but I also have another lad who is coming back to the club.

However his junior footy was U/11, 13's & 1st year U/15's. He then played for another SGL team for 1 year, before moving to another SGL club where he played his Under 18 footy. He also played league footy for that club.

I am assuming that he really wouldn't be considered "OUR" junior, but not sure on this one.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby X Runna » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:13 pm

7-Dog wrote:Cheers Onsong, thanks for clearing a few up.

Just clarifying the Junior at my club. I expected the junior I mentioned to be worth 0, but I also have another lad who is coming back to the club.

However his junior footy was U/11, 13's & 1st year U/15's. He then played for another SGL team for 1 year, before moving to another SGL club where he played his Under 18 footy. He also played league footy for that club.

I am assuming that he really wouldn't be considered "OUR" junior, but not sure on this one.

He's yours........zero points
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Probably know the answer already but what if a player passes 25 games mid season for their club. Are they then worth 0 points after that time or do they have to be past 25 games at seasons start??
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Blacks130 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Probably know the answer already but what if a player passes 25 games mid season for their club. Are they then worth 0 points after that time or do they have to be past 25 games at seasons start??
From what I understand it doesn't matter either way. That is, a player carrying points doesn't lose his rating once he plays his 25th game. If he's worth a point he stays a point until that point reduces at the start of the next season.
Blacks130
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues