14 year old banned for 5 years

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: 14 year old banned for 5 years

by woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 pm

tigerpie wrote:this is a bloody disgrace.....when you step over the white line the umpires are the game police.they enforce the rules that are in place. now if you break the rules then you pay the penalty. The end!!! If you dont like the rules then dont play the game. When you break the rules accept the penalty and move on. Now this young man did neither and has re-offended 3 times i believe and was given a pretty light suspension in my opinion and numerous others.

If he belted a copper, who like the umpires,enforce the law would he have been dealt with so lightly...dont think so!!!!

And i'm not fussed what race he is because that has NO bearing at all in this case. Its a kid belting an umpire and thats it. The sanfl should have enforced the original suspension!!!!

i certainly wouldnt blame the umpires for striking,blame the arbiters of our game.

totally agree with everything you wrote... well said mate... kid should have got life though!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3029 times
Been liked: 2404 times

by Bluedemon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm

From Adelaide Now

ALL Great Southern Football League (GSFL) junior umpires will strike this weekend in protest to 14-year-old Jyrah Miller's reduced ban.

Miller, who struck and spat on field umpire David Marks in a match earlier this, had his suspension reduced from 10 years - five of which were suspended - to three years, by the SANFL’s appeals board yesterday.

This was despite both the GSFL and Encounter Bay Football Club supporting the initial ban.

GSFL and and SFL umpires staged an emergency meeting last night and voted to strike from all GSFL junior matches this weekend in protest of the reduced ban.

SFL/GSFL umpires co-ordinator Darren Hincks said local umpires were outraged by the reduced ban and believed a strike was necessary but regrettable.

“We sincerely and honestly regret taking this action,” he said.

“Many people will be affected by this and we’re conscious of that, but we have to send a strong message that this decision is unacceptable.

“They (SANFL tribunal) have a responsibility, and they’ve shirked that responsibility with this decision.”

A blanket-strike across all-grades in both the GSFL and SFL was discussed, however, the majority of umpires felt that option was too severe.

The affected clubs will be forced to contribute their own umpire this weekend or cancel the game entirely.

Both league presidents supported the umpire’s decision to strike.

SFL president Craig Warman said any aggression shown toward an official cannot be tolerated.

“We’re fully supportive of this circumstance,” Warman said.

“In no-way should the player’s actions be condoned,”

Remaining umpires across both leagues will wear a red arm-band over the weekend to symbolise their anger at the appeal decision.

The ‘seeing-red’ campaign will also include a written statement to highlight the importance of umpire safety.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by diggaditch » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Is there a need for some sort of "agreement of terms" of playing football so as to avoid players taking appeals to higher powers. Have two cases [RMFL and GSFL] i know of this year where players have taken further action and imo have got reductions due to football leagues not being able to financially afford standing firm to their original ruling.
diggaditch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

by Bulls forever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Seagull wrote:
diggaditch wrote:Is there a need for some sort of "agreement of terms" of playing football so as to avoid players taking appeals to higher powers. Have two cases [RMFL and GSFL] i know of this year where players have taken further action and imo have got reductions due to football leagues not being able to financially afford standing firm to their original ruling.

Someone will always find a way to get around the "appeal system". Best way is not to have one, you do the crime, you do the time IMO.

Everyone in SA is now tied to CFB and as such bound by their appeal rules. That is, if a person is sentenced to 10 or more games, then they can appeal to the SANFL Commissioner. What astounds me is that an ex senior police officer is Chair of the Commission, yet they totally ignored any education process, that people might have accepted instead of a outright reduction from 5 to 3. I know NEMJFA have written a letter of disgust to the SANFL on behalf of all their clubs. Absolute disgrace and that is without taking into account everything else that this lad has done this year.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues