The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby tigerpie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:41 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Reports the Marshall government is trying to sell off existing Adelaide 500 infrastructure before the next election, basically making it impossible for Labor to reinstate the race.


Still not convinced this decision was made in the best interests of South Australia and rather some money being swung their way by someone with a vested interest in motor racing moving location.

Me either.
He appeased the east end of town and gave a handup to the shahins.
If it does get sold, it will be a firesale to the shahins.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2862
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 235 times

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Dinglinga75 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:53 am

tigerpie wrote:Me either.
He appeased the east end of town and gave a handup to the shahins.
If it does get sold, it will be a firesale to the shahins.


His own electorate
Dinglinga75
Member
 
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:48 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby stan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:09 pm

Whilst he has appeased the Eastern suburbs electorates, I think he has missed a step in the bogan factor.

Not sure all his good news stories and the stuff he is spinning about Health will get him over the line.

Also his opening up the resivoirs hasn't exactly been a resound success lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13128
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 955 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ooooh, I sense this may cause a leadership spill...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk


Psyber taking on Marshall? :-k


Nope :lol:

I flirted with the idea of standing for State Parliament back in the early 90s when David Wotton was about to retire and Alexander Downer offered to nominate me for Heysen, but my then wife freaked out at the very Idea of being a pollie's wife. (That's the wife who died in 2008.)

Her argument was, "You're too idealistic and you'll hate the compromises you would have to make, and that would make you hell to live with!"
In the end I concluded she was probably right.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 292 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Psyber wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ooooh, I sense this may cause a leadership spill...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk


Psyber taking on Marshall? :-k


Nope :lol:

I flirted with the idea of standing for State Parliament back in the early 90s when David Wotton was about to retire and Alexander Downer offered to nominate me for Heysen, but my then wife freaked out at the very Idea of being a pollie's wife. (That's the wife who died in 2008.)

Her argument was, "You're too idealistic and you'll hate the compromises you would have to make, and that would make you hell to live with!"
In the end I concluded she was probably right.


Likewise about 10 years ago
As one of my family, who is involved in government, warned me: you have to be a particular type of person to do that job. And that doesn't mean anything good
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 681 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Psyber » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Psyber wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ooooh, I sense this may cause a leadership spill...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk


Psyber taking on Marshall? :-k


Nope :lol:

I flirted with the idea of standing for State Parliament back in the early 90s when David Wotton was about to retire and Alexander Downer offered to nominate me for Heysen, but my then wife freaked out at the very Idea of being a pollie's wife. (That's the wife who died in 2008.)

Her argument was, "You're too idealistic and you'll hate the compromises you would have to make, and that would make you hell to live with!"
In the end I concluded she was probably right.


Likewise about 10 years ago
As one of my family, who is involved in government, warned me: you have to be a particular type of person to do that job. And that doesn't mean anything good


Yes, My brother in law is a former Liberal state politician, and I went my state high school with three former ministers in the Bannon government.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 292 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Psyber » Mon May 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Terry Groom former SA ALP Minister died of a heart attack a few days ago. The details are on the InDaily site.
(Terry was one of the three former politicians I went to high school with that I mentioned above.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 292 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest