Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:This was never in question Jim. Clearly all the pigs have been in the trough.

And not just federal.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 7460808202

Not all of us have subscriptions to the Australian so i cant read the article.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Big Tony in Adelaide today as this is part of his reconnect with SA program. Basically the Liberals are seriously in danger of losing safe seats in SA as the economy struggles and unemployment heads North.

That a been said there was some good news today. it wont take off until 2018 but my word did we need it. Although I still feel for yhe ASC guys at the moment as he next few years will still be tough but at least a form of ship building has a future on SA. At least we have an industry that will hang on in SA for sometime yet.

If we can get a decent chunk of the subs work maybe just maybe a few jobs can come on in.
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Tony Burke being questioned over claims now, also Albanese
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

stan wrote:Big Tony in Adelaide today as this is part of his reconnect with SA program. Basically the Liberals are seriously in danger of losing safe seats in SA as the economy struggles and unemployment heads North.

That a been said there was some good news today. it wont take off until 2018 but my word did we need it. Although I still feel for yhe ASC guys at the moment as he next few years will still be tough but at least a form of ship building has a future on SA. At least we have an industry that will hang on in SA for sometime yet.

If we can get a decent chunk of the subs work maybe just maybe a few jobs can come on in.

Some real encouraging and positive news, can't wait to get to work tomorrow and hear more about it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:48 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
stan wrote:Big Tony in Adelaide today as this is part of his reconnect with SA program. Basically the Liberals are seriously in danger of losing safe seats in SA as the economy struggles and unemployment heads North.

Some real encouraging and positive news, can't wait to get to work tomorrow and hear more about it.

Good luck mate. The concern is still there will be a lull in the next few years leading up to 2018 as the air warfares ramp down. The government is still expecting the overall workforce to drop away to about 1000 overall before ramping up. So good news in the lingert term but still some struggles ahead.

I think the recent polls and also Mr Abbotts visit to SA has maybe made him realize that the the benifit of having as much work in regards to navel ships and that includes subs work done here in SA is more than $$$ but its also about people.

Hopefully a large chunk of the subs work can be done in SA as that would now be massive for SA. But you just never really know.
stan
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:08 am

stan wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Good luck mate. The concern is still there will be a lull in the next few years leading up to 2018 as the air warfares ramp down. The government is still expecting the overall workforce to drop away to about 1000 overall before ramping up. So good news in the lingert term but still some struggles ahead.

I think the recent polls and also Mr Abbotts visit to SA has maybe made him realize that the the benifit of having as much work in regards to navel ships and that includes subs work done here in SA is more than $$$ but its also about people.

Hopefully a large chunk of the subs work can be done in SA as that would now be massive for SA. But you just never really know.

Yes the concern is the down time between the end of the AWD project and the start of a possible new project in 2018. Stil plenty of work at the moment but after that is still a bit concerning.

Abbott coming here would surely make him see how important it is to SA.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Bully wrote:Tony Burke being questioned over claims now, also Albanese

I am absolutely appalled by Tony Burke's behaviour. He went to a Robbie Williams concert?? FFS!!!
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Leaping Lindner wrote:

I am absolutely appalled by Tony Burke's behaviour. He went to a Robbie Williams concert?? FFS!!!

This was never just a liberal mp issue. All mp's have been nicely in the trough.
stan
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

I know. But he actually went to a Robbie WIlliams concert. I thought the man had taste. ;)
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby stan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:06 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:I know. But he actually went to a Robbie WIlliams concert. I thought the man had taste. ;)

Come on mate he could of gone to worse.
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am

stan wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:

This was never just a liberal mp issue. All mp's have been nicely in the trough.

oh ok.....thats not what s..eb.y says. Its all only ever the LNP who do these types of things.............. :D
Bully
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:57 am

oh ok.....thats not what s..eb.y says. Its all only ever the LNP who do these types of things.............. :D[/quote]

(-|
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 am

Bully wrote:
stan wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:

oh ok.....thats not what s..eb.y says. Its all only ever the LNP who do these types of things.............. :D

Cant wait to sit next to brownie on a domestic flight in cattle class. Reckon she'd go a few tinnies on the flight.
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:34 pm

So Tony burke demands Bronwyn bishop stands down immediately after her claims of tax paying money, yet he wont now do the same after he has been found out for doing the likes of it.
Bully
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Bully wrote:So Tony burke demands Bronwyn bishop stands down immediately after her claims of tax paying money, yet he wont now do the same after he has been found out for doing the likes of it.

Its a totally different scenario here.
She CLEARLY broke the rules. Why does she have to take a limo at taxpayers expense when she has a 24 hour com car? She took the piss and got caught.
Burke hasn't.
Yes giving your kids business class flights is bullshit but its in the rules.
Abbott would love to abolish unions but I bet he'd keep the mob that negotiate parliamentary salaries and perks!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby stan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Bully wrote:So Tony burke demands Bronwyn bishop stands down immediately after her claims of tax paying money, yet he wont now do the same after he has been found out for doing the likes of it.

Not really the same. You little mate Pyne is in the same boat as Burke.

Actually I agree with you. Burke should stand down and also Pyne should stand down.

Happy world coming.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:56 pm

tigerpie wrote:

Its a totally different scenario here.
She CLEARLY broke the rules. Why does she have to take a limo at taxpayers expense when she has a 24 hour com car? She took the piss and got caught.
Burke hasn't.
Yes giving your kids business class flights is bullshit but its in the rules.
Abbott would love to abolish unions but I bet he'd keep the mob that negotiate parliamentary salaries and perks!

Agrer with you here. Burke and Bullys mate Pyne s just looks bad. Bishop was taking the piss. Chartered flights, Limos.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Hockey and Hansen-Young now dragged into this. As I said blood in the water and the media have a taste.
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 pm

stan wrote:

Not really the same. You little mate Pyne is in the same boat as Burke.

Actually I agree with you. Burke should stand down and also Pyne should stand down.

Happy world coming.

why is pyne now my mate ? Have always said he is a fool
Bully
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:06 pm

There will be a flood of claims against all politicians.
Some mud will stick but most will wash off under the "rules as they now stand"
I have no problem with what they do as long as its in the rules.
If its not in the rules then anyone caught is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I bet Slipper is well and truly cranky about all this and it seems with good reason.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics