If you were voting in the Federal Election tomorrow.....-

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Who would you vote for tomorrow in a Fed Election?

Donkey Vote (Informal)
9%
Liberal/National Coalition
30%
Labor
54%
Other Party
4%
Independent
2%

Total votes : 46

Postby whatcha got there? » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:11 pm

PhilG wrote:
heater31 wrote:
whatcha got there? wrote:
PhilG wrote:Anyone who donkey votes is voting for the Coalition.

In other words - DON'T DO IT!

i only voted for the first time last year (yeah im a youngin') and i was "who the f**k do i vote for?"

coz people my age really dont give a rats.
all i know is i hate john howard and his scary eyebrows *shudders*

so donkey voting seems easier than standing there scratching my head like a twatt.

same here. Ive done one fed and one state and Now seriously considering a donkey coz I live in labor held electorates so what's the point of voting I ask???????????

Having said that - Whatcha - if you don't know who to vote for, there's plenty f help outside the booth. Grab all the stuff that's out there from all the parties, and then take your time and choose one and follow the appropriate piece of paper.

i dont donkey vote because i dont understand, if thats what you mean. i'm clued up, its just the parties dont have any ideas that appeal to me.

i dislike liberals because i believe john howard is in bed with george bush. or is just his puppet.

i dislike labor because all they seem to be about is "we can do this better.." and when the time comes, i bet you they wont perform.

as for greens, family first etc, id vote for them, but in all seriousness - what is the odds of them actually winning an election?

nick xenophon - now there's a bloke who should be higher up in politics. there should be more like him.
Libertine wrote:Have to agree with Blink even though he is a fool
whatcha got there?
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:48 pm

I don't donkey vote because the Democrats are an American party

I don't vote Liberal because I'm not rich and don't own a big business

I won't vote Labor because Gough Whitlam spent too much money back in the 1970's

I won't vote Green because I'm white and I don't want to be a minority in my own country

I won't vote Family first because I'm the least important member in my Family

I won't vote Country party because I live in the city

I won't vote Independent because because no one else will vote for me

I won't vote Australian Democrats because Australia is no longer a democracy

OK, jokes aside the two party system is outdated and returning a right wing government repeatedly over a decade is gradually lessinging our civic rights as well as diluting the effectiveness of Democracy. Many won't vote Labor because they say things should be better. Don't you agree? Isn't that their job? As our current system stands we have two choices.

In previous elections there was only one, especially with Latham the loose cannon in charge. If you are doing well then it would be tempted to retain the dictator but if you are starting to struggle you might be looking at a change. The good thing is we all get to say what we want and vote the way we choose...for now (sedition anyone?).

To say you wouldn't vote Labor because they would break promises is ridiculous. Remember the Liberals told us that interest rates wouldn't rise and that the troop committment to Vietnam, er Iraq would not increase. Regardless of what stripe we are politically it is naive in the extreme to suggest that one party doesn't break promises after they are elected.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whatcha got there? » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
To say you wouldn't vote Labor because they would break promises is ridiculous. Remember the Liberals told us that interest rates wouldn't rise and that the troop committment to Vietnam, er Iraq would not increase.

i never said liberals havent broken promises. they have. and no doubt they will continue to.
i was just meant if a different party, such as labor, was voted in, things would not improve.
Libertine wrote:Have to agree with Blink even though he is a fool
whatcha got there?
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:28 pm

whatcha got there? wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
To say you wouldn't vote Labor because they would break promises is ridiculous. Remember the Liberals told us that interest rates wouldn't rise and that the troop committment to Vietnam, er Iraq would not increase.

i never said liberals havent broken promises. they have. and no doubt they will continue to.
i was just meant if a different party, such as labor, was voted in, things would not improve.

Maybe. But if you vote for the devil you know you end up with the Devil.

Cheers,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby PhilG » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 pm

Last edited by PhilG on Tue May 15, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby Sojourner » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Why not support ex Glenelg Footballer David Holst and get on board with the Political Party that he founded - Dignity for the Disabled?

Having smaller groups in the parliment breaks up the monopoly of both Labor and Liberal, you still get to preference one of them if you feel inclined to do so, If they run a candidate in the Federal Election, I will be voting under the line with them as my first choice.

http://www.clp-sa.org.au/CLP/may-2005-advertiser.htm
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby PhilG » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:10 am

Last edited by PhilG on Tue May 15, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilG

Postby Sojourner » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:04 pm

PhilG wrote:Any chance of that party making it into Victoria?

Hopefully!

You could always drop them an email through their website and see what their plans are, I am sure that David is always looking for interested people to take up the batton and give it a go interstate!

http://www.dignity4disabled.com.au/
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby PhilG » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:30 am

PhilG

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics