Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

I believe there are people who don't want to work and take rejection too easily and give up rather than persisting
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11860 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I believe there are people who don't want to work and take rejection too easily and give up rather than persisting

As I said, I blame it on no scores in football
They think they don't make mistakes and don't lose
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 721 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I believe there are people who don't want to work and take rejection too easily and give up rather than persisting

Still a minority.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 pm

They're all lazy little buggers who need their bottoms smacked.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Bully » Sat May 17, 2014 10:47 am

and they say our election is long and drawn out.

551 Million people voted in Indias election over the past 2-3weeks :roll:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Psyber » Sat May 17, 2014 7:26 pm

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/23577121/ji ... o-payment/

Jillian Skinner says NSW considering inviting GPs to treat patients in hospital to avoid $7 co-payment

I don't like this aspect of the budget either, but I can't see that working...

Most GPs on the medical forums are not keen on the co-payment idea.

GPs groups have been advised that there will be no increase in the Medicare Rebate as the $7.00 co-payment effectively gives them a $2.00 per standard consultation fee rise for this coming year - while Medicare saves $5.00 by reducing the Medicare Rebate.

Several groups have already reported they explored whether they could waive the $7.00 co-payment for the less well off, and have been advised that they can, but if if they do that they will also have to waive the standard incentive component for software compliance too , which means they will take a 25% cut in the present bulk-billing rebate if they do it. (And the present rebate is not much over half the AMA recommended full fee.)

So I can imagine them lining up to go to public hospitals, just to face the same dilemma there instead of in their surgeries, after putting in the travelling time as well. (NOT)

That said, there are some people who come to the doctor unnecessarily often, and some GPs have in the past mooted charging a token fee** to control this, but were not allowed to do so unless they billed the patient totally and let the patient deal with Medicare, which some GPs in wealthier areas do adopt as policy.

Traditionally the states were fully responsible for funding public health services and public education. They've gotten used to getting extra grants for specific projects, and lately have become more reliant on them while the federal government was being rather generous and ignoring the ongoing deficits. So, they didn't budget for the possibility it may not go on forever. (A bit like basing your household budget on a lot of overtime continuing to come your way.)

** In my early days in private practice I found I was getting 10 requests a day for prescriptions to be posted to people who had forgotten to ask for them when they saw me or their GP. That was eating about 40 minutes a day by the time you looked up the file to check the request was correct, wrote the prescription, and recorded having done so. Introducing a token fee for prescriptions not obtained at consultation dried that up fast.
(It was legal because Medicare pays nothing towards writing such prescriptions.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Q. wrote:

Still a minority.

and that makes it ok???

the real problem is with the job network agencies and how they operate....sometimes to the detriment of the job-seeker
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11860 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:02 am

The circus just gets better!!!

Do they think that we are all stupid??

Did anyone see Pyne on the w/end F--K me seriously this bloke is a senior member of cabinet.
And what can you say about Abott???? Worst PM in history that made a career out of calling someone a liar and breaking of promises but looks straight at the camera as if he is innocent of same!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 19, 2014 11:16 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Still a minority.

and that makes it ok???

the real problem is with the job network agencies and how they operate....sometimes to the detriment of the job-seeker

Doesn't make it okay, but no use in tarring all young people with the same brush.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 am

shoe boy wrote:The circus just gets better!!!

Do they think that we are all stupid??

Did anyone see Pyne on the w/end F--K me seriously this bloke is a senior member of cabinet.
And what can you say about Abott???? Worst PM in history that made a career out of calling someone a liar and breaking of promises but looks straight at the camera as if he is innocent of same!!!

Come on now. Its not like he made some promises, put it on a big banner, signed it and stood in front of it.........oh wait ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 19, 2014 11:23 am

You would expect a dip is support after a tough budget, but these numbers are pretty damning

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nation ... 6922196566
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon May 19, 2014 1:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:You would expect a dip is support after a tough budget, but these numbers are pretty damning

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nation ... 6922196566

Massive dip in popularity for the Libs - worst dip in history for a new government even outstripping the polls after the Howard Government's Budget of 96. Also the greatest post budget announcement dip in the polls ever.

"this Government is in Deep Trouble very early............this is being driven by electorates distrust of the Government.....................many Australians feel the budget is inequitable and unfair"

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-brushes-aside-disastrous-polls-saying-people-knew-coalition-would-have-to-make-tough-decisions-20140519-38iu6.html

Of Course arrogant Tony just keeps on stating that they had a mandate and that the country was forewarned what the Government was going to do. Well, obviously not mate!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm

"Tony Abbott brushes aside disastrous polls, saying people knew Coalition would have to make tough decisions"

Maybe only 44% (and falling by the hour) of voters knew about those tough decisions that were not discussed or even flagged during the election campaign.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-brushes-aside-disastrous-polls-saying-people-knew-coalition-would-have-to-make-tough-decisions-20140519-38iu6.html#ixzz327xrQNnI
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Interesting listening to Bob Day giving Weatherill a major serve this morning
Made him look completely vapid, and for once, Weatherill suddenly lost his arrogance
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Interesting listening to Bob Day giving Weatherill a major serve this morning
Made him look completely vapid, and for once, Weatherill suddenly lost his arrogance

Didn't Know Weatherill was part of the Abott circus?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Interesting listening to Bob Day giving Weatherill a major serve this morning

Bob Day is a multiple failed candidate and Liberal stooge who kept changing sides until he hit the jackpot because of farcical preference arrangements.

I heard the interview this morning and I can tell you Day didn't come out smelling like roses.

Weatherill shouldn't even bother wasting his time on him.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 997 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Didn't Know Weatherill was part of the Abott circus?

He's trying to make himself part of it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 pm

dedja wrote:

Bob Day is a multiple failed candidate and Liberal stooge who kept changing sides until he hit the jackpot because of farcical preference arrangements.

I heard the interview this morning and I can tell you Day didn't come out smelling like roses.

Ha! Weatherill shut up because Day outed him on his bull$hit funding campaign based upon hollow promises from a dying labor party :oops:
He is also correct that Weatherill seems to think its important for the SA Senators to stick up for SA but his labor mates never seem to do it
This is all a major smokescreen from Weatherill and will go on for 4 years whilst they do nothing
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm

It is probably a good time for all SA senators to stick up for SA and start demanding a reversal of the budget decision to cut education and health funding to the state.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Gozu » Mon May 19, 2014 5:38 pm

dedja wrote:

The same Bob Day who didn't think WorkChoices went far enough.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics