Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:'This sort of thing'???? I don't think we see defections like this all that often. Independents siding with political parties definitely, even pollies from a major party falling out and becoming an independent or joining a minor party but not a major party polly defecting to the other major party. Last person I can remember was Karlene Maywald who didn't change sides but did accept a ministry to try and repair the Murray situation at that time. She was crucified at the election as the situation with the River Murray worsened (through worsening drought and no fault of her own) but Labour went on the win the election.

I think this will reignite tensions within the party as it shows Steven Marshall to be quite an ineffective leader. Marshall has been sighted twice in 2 months. Next time we see him will be to fend off leadership speculation and the time after that will be to accept defeat after a leadership spill from Vicki Chapman.

Yeah, nice try
It was well known Labor were trolling for potential defectors and were chucking all sorts of chocolates at people. They always knew MHS had potential because of his over inflated opinion of himself in life. But he was the fourth in line which just shows what they really think about him.
This sums him up: http://www.news.com.au/national/colin-james-martin-hamiltonsmiths-defection-is-treachery-of-unfathomable-depths/story-e6frfkp9-1226933323469

Karlene Maywald was slaughtered for treachery, not because she failed on the Murray (which Labor continually failed to deliver on despite all of Rann's bluster)
Marshall been sighted twice in 2 months is horse shit. The Press have just been having lots of fun with the dysfunctional Labor Govt. There wont be a challenge.
Here's a little insight into MHS. On Monday night, his wife was re-elected President of the Mitcham Liberal branch whilst he sat there. People who know her reckon she couldn't have known about it or she would have withdrawn. He has now embarrassed her. Says it all about him, because it's always been about him.

So it's labors fault for capitalising on the dysfunctional libs? Horrible look for Marshall.

Having said that I would be annoyed if I voted for MHS. But not annoyed at labor
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 am

Its a shocking reflection of the Liberals and Steven Marshall leadership

Gotta love marshall trotting out the election vote % again. Clearly living in denial
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Yeah, nice try
It was well known Labor were trolling for potential defectors and were chucking all sorts of chocolates at people. They always knew MHS had potential because of his over inflated opinion of himself in life. But he was the fourth in line which just shows what they really think about him.
This sums him up: http://www.news.com.au/national/colin-james-martin-hamiltonsmiths-defection-is-treachery-of-unfathomable-depths/story-e6frfkp9-1226933323469

Karlene Maywald was slaughtered for treachery, not because she failed on the Murray (which Labor continually failed to deliver on despite all of Rann's bluster)
Marshall been sighted twice in 2 months is horse shit. The Press have just been having lots of fun with the dysfunctional Labor Govt. There wont be a challenge.
Here's a little insight into MHS. On Monday night, his wife was re-elected President of the Mitcham Liberal branch whilst he sat there. People who know her reckon she couldn't have known about it or she would have withdrawn. He has now embarrassed her. Says it all about him, because it's always been about him.

I don't know, I thought he sounded quite sincere in the press conference and his arguments for changing sides seemed to make sense. His electorate are still represented by 'a passionate Liberal' so this is simply a win for the good people of Waite and indeed all South Australians :D

But you didnt vote for Labor
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 am

What will be interesting is what happens when he sits in cabinet and hears all of the cover ups and the actual state of this government and its finances.

You know, MHS with his finely honed military skills might just be pulling a swifty over Labor and might just be a double agent. 8-[
Like all traitors - They have cultivated him over a long period of time - well before the election. Spotting that his ego is his soft spot and working on it until he cracked.
His training also worked well for him with the dodgy scientology documents. He didn't double or triple check them, and didn't tell anyone else about them before announcing them - that worked well for him.

And he wonders why he couldn't make it as leader..............
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 28, 2014 10:22 am

So if you think this has happened for a long period of time and before the election, why didn't Marshall get wind of it and turf him? Poor leadership?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:30 am

Marshall did know about it as well as all of the others they were approaching.
HS told them it was nothing to worry about it, went to the shadow cabinet meeting on Monday knowing he was going to shaft them, went to the Mitcham branch meeting to watch his wife get re-elected knowing he was going to shaft THEM, and came out on Tuesday morning.
Good bloke to have on your side - he'll fit in well with his new mates.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 am

Gozu wrote:Jay Weatherill has done nothing but kick goals since becoming Premier.

1. Got rid of Mike Rann, none of the useless Libs could do it.

2. Ended Don Farrell's political career.

3. Won the unwinnable election, beating the golden child Steven Marshall.

4. Convinced the Independent Geoff Brock from a conservative electorate to side with Labor.

5. Now convincing MHS a former Liberal Party leader to side with Labor all but guaranteeing another four years in government and effectively ending the leadership of Marshall as there is almost no way he now lasts another four years in the job.

Well played Mr Weatherill, well played =D>

Yes, he's looked after HIMSELF and his job very well
Has he done anything positive for the State?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 am

Not defending what he did. I would be pissed off if I was in his electorate. Just saying it's not a good look for the libs as they clearly think it is a sinking ship.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Jay Weatherill has done nothing but kick goals since becoming Premier.

4. Convinced the Independent Geoff Brock from a conservative electorate to side with Labor.

5. Now convincing MHS a former Liberal Party leader to side with Labor all but guaranteeing another four years in government and effectively ending the leadership of Marshall as there is almost no way he now lasts another four years in the job.

Stadium and hospital.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:16 am

bennymacca wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Stadium and hospital.

Built the Chowilla and Dartmouth dams and stopped 6pm closing as well?
His time as Treasurer went well - did he actually hit a mark on anything he promised?

He's achieved one thing - he continually pulls the wool over some peoples eyes.
I'm happy to acknowledge when he does achieve something tangible he's promised
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 am

Hmmm. I'm sensing that you are a little agitated Jimmy. :evil:
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 am

Jimmy_041 wrote: But you didnt vote for Labor

Correct, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? Not voting for a major political party doesn't preclude me from having an opinion and making comment on their politics, achievements, failures and comings and goings.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby LBT » Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

Marshall mentioned yesterday that 4 Liberal MPs had been approached by Labor. Hamilton Smith, and McFetridge were named.. I wonder who the other 2 were?
LBT
League - Best 21

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:54 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Hmmm. I'm sensing that you are a little agitated Jimmy. :evil:

Nah....... just more food for stirring up a discussion

I've never been a fan of his. He's very much like Turnbull and Rudd. If he doesn't get his way, he spits the dummy, sulks and stirs. The fact that he solely caused his own downfall seems to have conveniently slipped his mind ever since. He could have been Premier if he hadn't been "it's all about me".
He has a long history of not liking being told no.
I actually dont care what he did because Labor should remain in power for 4 long years, but for gawd sake, dont think this bloke has done what he did for the sake of SA. Any other person would have pulled a sickie on Monday and Monday night. Just shows how self centred and arrogant he really is.

When you meet some of these people face to face, you get a much better idea of what they are really like.
A bit like safooty.net people really..................... :D
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 11:55 am

Maybe they gave Chapman and Evans an opportunity to have a go at each other from across the floor.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 11:55 am

Jimmy_041 wrote: When you meet some of these people face to face, you get a much better idea of what they are really like.
A bit like safooty.net people really..................... :D

So very true, on both fronts.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 11:56 am

Surely Williams would have been one.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I actually dont care what he did

Clearly evident. Don't get too upset Jimmy it's just politics.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Here's the remaining Libs. Who could it be, now?

Troy Bell Mt Gambier
Vickie Chapman Bragg
Iain Evans Davenport
John Gardner Morialta
Mark Goldsworthy Kavel
Steven Griffiths Goyder
Stephan Knoll Schubert
Steven Marshall Dunstan
Duncan McFetridge Morphett
Adrian Pederick Hammond
Michael Pengilly Finniss
David Pisoni Unley
Isobel Redmond Heysen
Rachel Sanderson Adelaide
David Speirs Bright
Vincent Tarzia Hartley
Peter Treloar Flinders
Dan van Holst Pellekaan Stuart
Tim Whetstone Chaffey
Mitch Williams MacKillop
Corey Wingard Mitchell
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 pm

MHS has only ever been about MHS, and an old school friend of mine on the ALP-SA strategy team (a former state Minister) has said so repeatedly.
It will be interesting to see whether he says the same when I see him for coffee next week.

Meanwhile watch for MHS eventually joining the ALP and making a pitch for Jay's job! ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics