Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.
3 for the tackle, two for the resulting concussion. Can't remember too many larger suspensions in recent history, other than the Dylan Jessen incident at Hamley Bridge.

I didn't see the weekend's incident, only the aftermath.

Two observations:
1) Video footage supplied assisted with the determination. This isn't always available but apparently it provided conclusive evidence to support the charge.
2) Precedent is set. Saw a dump tackle laid that was paid as a free kick that didn't result in a concussion. No further penalty. Same dumping action but the lack of injury clearly mitigates the requirement to report/suspend.

What a can of worms this is for leagues, umpires and clubs.

In concluding, I'm not disputing the charge, the charge length or whether the incident occurred. Just pointing out players will need to be extremely vigilant if the action alone is worth a 3-week charge. And once again, video footage extremely helpful in determining the outcome of a report. Wonder what the costs are for videoing each A grade match?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 pm

whufc wrote:Over the last two seasons we have had two players come to our club that needed a clearance from Virginia. Lets just say on both occasions obtaining the clearances was an absolute nightmare versus any other clubs we have had to deal with including clubs in our own league.

Lots of work to be done at that footy club me thinks.

Can't say that's our experience with Virginia. We had a player return last week, was approved and processed quickly and efficiently and passed on well wishes for the season.

From an outsiders view they appear to be doing more right than wrong - just on field results killing them.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Over the last two seasons we have had two players come to our club that needed a clearance from Virginia. Lets just say on both occasions obtaining the clearances was an absolute nightmare versus any other clubs we have had to deal with including clubs in our own league.

Can't say that's our experience with Virginia. We had a player return last week, was approved and processed quickly and efficiently and passed on well wishes for the season.

From an outsiders view they appear to be doing more right than wrong - just on field results killing them.

You've really got your eye on that job havent you??!! ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 15, 2024 5:57 pm

OnSong wrote:Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.
3 for the tackle, two for the resulting concussion. Can't remember too many larger suspensions in recent history, other than the Dylan Jessen incident at Hamley Bridge.

Two observations:
1) Video footage supplied assisted with the determination. This isn't always available but apparently it provided conclusive evidence to support the charge.
2) Precedent is set. Saw a dump tackle laid that was paid as a free kick that didn't result in a concussion. No further penalty. Same dumping action but the lack of injury clearly mitigates the requirement to report/suspend.

In concluding, I'm not disputing the charge, the charge length or whether the incident occurred. Just pointing out players will need to be extremely vigilant if the action alone is worth a 3-week charge. And once again, video footage extremely helpful in determining the outcome of a report. Wonder what the costs are for videoing each A grade match?

United certainly arent shy in using their CCTV are they? Was it their CCTV on their clubrooms or did they have other footage? Their CCTV is very average quality
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby OnSong » Thu May 16, 2024 8:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:
OnSong wrote:Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.

Two observations:

United certainly arent shy in using their CCTV are they? Was it their CCTV on their clubrooms or did they have other footage? Their CCTV is very average quality

I believe it was CCTV but apparently pretty clear footage of the incident. I haven’t seen it. Don’t have an issue with it although pretty sure you’d clearly see a 2-3 week striking incident on that footage later in the game but that’s not really what I came here for. Gotta be super careful with that dump tackle action.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri May 24, 2024 9:47 am

The Bedge wrote:

They have good football director now in charge
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy