Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.
3 for the tackle, two for the resulting concussion. Can't remember too many larger suspensions in recent history, other than the Dylan Jessen incident at Hamley Bridge.

I didn't see the weekend's incident, only the aftermath.

Two observations:
1) Video footage supplied assisted with the determination. This isn't always available but apparently it provided conclusive evidence to support the charge.
2) Precedent is set. Saw a dump tackle laid that was paid as a free kick that didn't result in a concussion. No further penalty. Same dumping action but the lack of injury clearly mitigates the requirement to report/suspend.

What a can of worms this is for leagues, umpires and clubs.

In concluding, I'm not disputing the charge, the charge length or whether the incident occurred. Just pointing out players will need to be extremely vigilant if the action alone is worth a 3-week charge. And once again, video footage extremely helpful in determining the outcome of a report. Wonder what the costs are for videoing each A grade match?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 549 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 pm

whufc wrote:Over the last two seasons we have had two players come to our club that needed a clearance from Virginia. Lets just say on both occasions obtaining the clearances was an absolute nightmare versus any other clubs we have had to deal with including clubs in our own league.

Lots of work to be done at that footy club me thinks.

Can't say that's our experience with Virginia. We had a player return last week, was approved and processed quickly and efficiently and passed on well wishes for the season.

From an outsiders view they appear to be doing more right than wrong - just on field results killing them.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Over the last two seasons we have had two players come to our club that needed a clearance from Virginia. Lets just say on both occasions obtaining the clearances was an absolute nightmare versus any other clubs we have had to deal with including clubs in our own league.

Can't say that's our experience with Virginia. We had a player return last week, was approved and processed quickly and efficiently and passed on well wishes for the season.

From an outsiders view they appear to be doing more right than wrong - just on field results killing them.

You've really got your eye on that job havent you??!! ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 15, 2024 5:57 pm

OnSong wrote:Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.
3 for the tackle, two for the resulting concussion. Can't remember too many larger suspensions in recent history, other than the Dylan Jessen incident at Hamley Bridge.

Two observations:
1) Video footage supplied assisted with the determination. This isn't always available but apparently it provided conclusive evidence to support the charge.
2) Precedent is set. Saw a dump tackle laid that was paid as a free kick that didn't result in a concussion. No further penalty. Same dumping action but the lack of injury clearly mitigates the requirement to report/suspend.

In concluding, I'm not disputing the charge, the charge length or whether the incident occurred. Just pointing out players will need to be extremely vigilant if the action alone is worth a 3-week charge. And once again, video footage extremely helpful in determining the outcome of a report. Wonder what the costs are for videoing each A grade match?

United certainly arent shy in using their CCTV are they? Was it their CCTV on their clubrooms or did they have other footage? Their CCTV is very average quality
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby OnSong » Thu May 16, 2024 8:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:
OnSong wrote:Balaklava's Jaden Brownlie given 5 weeks for a dump tackle that left a United player with concussion symptoms on the weekend.

Two observations:

United certainly arent shy in using their CCTV are they? Was it their CCTV on their clubrooms or did they have other footage? Their CCTV is very average quality

I believe it was CCTV but apparently pretty clear footage of the incident. I haven’t seen it. Don’t have an issue with it although pretty sure you’d clearly see a 2-3 week striking incident on that footage later in the game but that’s not really what I came here for. Gotta be super careful with that dump tackle action.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Fri May 24, 2024 9:47 am

The Bedge wrote:

They have good football director now in charge
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby hairy cat » Thu May 30, 2024 6:48 am

The game was at two wells

Did they video the spectators on the field of play during the melee
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby OnSong » Thu May 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Did they video the player/coach throwing a few as well? ;)
OnSong
Coach

Postby Satchelola » Fri May 31, 2024 10:49 pm

Let me give you one piece of advice, if you're an aspiring ventriloquist Virginia FC is the club to be. Jim Henson if he was still alive would be running hand over fist to be there and have his hand arm and wrist ready to go. The Muppets, the wombles, Agro, Botso, bert and Erny, Elmo and sesame street. All have one thing in common. Run by a bunch of Muppets. There it is, I said it its truth just look at the results. Mid-season break is going to be busy. What rhymes with day holds all the strings. Satchelola out!
- I am Sancho, this is Paulo & I love the Muppets!
Satchelola
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:40 pm

OnSong wrote:Did they video the player/coach throwing a few as well? ;)

How many weeks did the Longies player get who started it all off with the behind the play hit?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Satchelola » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:08 pm

Satchelola wrote:Let me give you one piece of advice, if you're an aspiring ventriloquist Virginia FC is the club to be. Jim Henson if he was still alive would be running hand over fist to be there and have his hand arm and wrist ready to go. The Muppets, the wombles, Agro, Botso, bert and Erny, Elmo and sesame street. All have one thing in common. Run by a bunch of Muppets. There it is, I said it its truth just look at the results. Mid-season break is going to be busy. What rhymes with day holds all the strings. Satchelola out!

Just a quick update for those playing at home in your best game show voice.

And Now, the time we’ve all been waiting for. It’s Virginia FC’s Coaches Whhhhheeeeeeel of Forrrrrrrtune! Up next we saw their 4th B grade Coach in 2 years, then we saw the
3rd A grade coach in 2 years.

A re-active response from the Committee, finally deciding that an A Grade Asst Coach also sacked after Numerous threatening remarks loudly, and abruptly in a way what one would describe like a Pelican burping. The main Question is: Who am I for 50 points.

1: Don’t you know who I am
2.: Dont you know where I’m from
3: I’ll slap you down like you’ve never felt before - Ohhhh stop it now!
And finally, question 4. Who gives 2 shites

Virginia in a world of hurt after tonight’s training. Players leaving, turtles retracting and the Muppets are on again so I better go. Shite I love it when I’m right! So, who’s next?

Ohh, Ohh I almost forgot, why don't you just !@#$ off. Ramblers look out.
Satchelola Out!
Satchelola
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:04 pm

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of blokes.

Have seemed from the outside and hearing from players who were there that it has been a bit of a dogs breakfast for the last couple of years.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dr. Pink » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:31 pm

Satchelola wrote:
Satchelola wrote:Let me give you one piece of advice, if you're an aspiring ventriloquist Virginia FC is the club to be. Jim Henson if he was still alive would be running hand over fist to be there and have his hand arm and wrist ready to go. The Muppets, the wombles, Agro, Botso, bert and Erny, Elmo and sesame street. All have one thing in common. Run by a bunch of Muppets. There it is, I said it its truth just look at the results. Mid-season break is going to be busy. What rhymes with day holds all the strings. Satchelola out!

Just a quick update for those playing at home in your best game show voice.

And Now, the time we’ve all been waiting for. It’s Virginia FC’s Coaches Whhhhheeeeeeel of Forrrrrrrtune! Up next we saw their 4th B grade Coach in 2 years, then we saw the
3rd A grade coach in 2 years.

A re-active response from the Committee, finally deciding that an A Grade Asst Coach also sacked after Numerous threatening remarks loudly, and abruptly in a way what one would describe like a Pelican burping. The main Question is: Who am I for 50 points.

1: Don’t you know who I am
2.: Dont you know where I’m from
3: I’ll slap you down like you’ve never felt before - Ohhhh stop it now!
And finally, question 4. Who gives 2 shites

Virginia in a world of hurt after tonight’s training. Players leaving, turtles retracting and the Muppets are on again so I better go. Shite I love it when I’m right! So, who’s next?

Ohh, Ohh I almost forgot, why don't you just !@#$ off. Ramblers look out.
Satchelola Out!

luv it. Do not know what it means but
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:44 pm

Was an interesting read, but not a lot made sense - and I believe I'm fluent in gibberish! :lol:

One thing I'm sure of though, Virginia wont be letting any contracted players walk.

Question though - if an asst coach was making threatening remarks, then what is the issue with being moved on? Or am I missing something?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:Was an interesting read, but not a lot made sense - and I believe I'm fluent in gibberish! :lol:

One thing I'm sure of though, Virginia wont be letting any contracted players walk.

Question though - if an asst coach was making threatening remarks, then what is the issue with being moved on? Or am I missing something?

I too would like a translation
wenchbarwer
Under 18s

Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 101 times

Postby Satchelola » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:38 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Was an interesting read, but not a lot made sense - and I believe I'm fluent in gibberish! :lol:

I too would like a translation

I’ve written and deleted a response to be clearer sooooo many times. I may have had a few froff dogs when that went up! Apologies for that.
Simply, there is only one credible football person in leadership there, an advantage over any other club, a fantastic resource not to mention good looking!. Sadly, an opportunity that was missed. Or was it ignorance? Funny how the Country Champ side was coached by their knifed and sacked Senior Coach! Yes I get it, it’s about win/loss and all that cr@p, but the parrots Virginia have in the background are obviously louder than they should be? So ,now after what i just heard. I felt compelled to provide more positive feedback.

SO, I summarise,
1. Unless you’re a local, go and grab a BBD’s and keep walkin.
2. If you’re not a noted name from times gone bye. Please do the same!
3. You mention Cultural Change again. Please follow steps noted above -BUT! A cultural change doesn’t mean it was sh!thouse then and now, nor a complete overhaul is needed. If mediocrity is the preferred position then that’s up to the 3!
4. You’d get more out of Waldorf and Statler then the ‘Executive Commit’…… sorry, almost spat out my spritzer! Their funny ones! That’s where it will be left. All I can hear is a Grover Washington Jnr original song in the background!
5.It’s on them that they have missed a real opportunity to take that club further than it has before. They chose that path to listen to other voices. Just like an ABC Q&A episode gone wrong!
6. It‘s just like a gift that keeps on giving.

What has been a verbal spew on my behalf , the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. In the last ( 60 mins or so) - it’s now understood that the playing group were responsible for the axing of their “Coaches”. Now I’ve told a few porky’s here and there, some good some bad. But, to blame and hide behind the playing group for that decision to remove their Coach? Absolutely spineless to blame and hide behind a playing group. It’s not a role that is to be led by others behind row A.

Out!
Satchelola
Mini-League

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:15 am

Not sure if that's any better. Any chance you could try again without all the cryptic sh!t
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 574 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:17 am

Allow me to try:

Virginia and A grade coach Wayne Knowles parted ways, then B grade coach / asst coach Trevor Greig was also moved on. Both persons behaviour, coaching style and feedback from the playing group was identified as a key reason.. or that was at least what was informed.. Knowles then coached the association side?

Also have let another assistant go Mark Papps who is going to Seaton (hence Rambler comment?) but Papps also had a hand in the Knowles / Greig decisions?

Guessing what Satchelola is saying is one or two stalwarts of the clubs pull all the strings - and if they don't like something, they interject, even if it's to the detriment to the club, and then shift the blame and hide the decision behind playing group?

Now perhaps suggesting that players who have come to the club, want out due to mismanagement?

I could be miles off here by the way..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:47 am

The Bedge wrote:Allow me to try:

Virginia and A grade coach Wayne Knowles parted ways, then B grade coach / asst coach Trevor Greig was also moved on. Both persons behaviour, coaching style and feedback from the playing group was identified as a key reason.. or that was at least what was informed.. Knowles then coached the association side?

Also have let another assistant go Mark Papps who is going to Seaton (hence Rambler comment?) but Papps also had a hand in the Knowles / Greig decisions?

Guessing what Satchelola is saying is one or two stalwarts of the clubs pull all the strings - and if they don't like something, they interject, even if it's to the detriment to the club, and then shift the blame and hide the decision behind playing group?

Now perhaps suggesting that players who have come to the club, want out due to mismanagement?

I could be miles off here by the way..

Whether you're miles off or spot on, I completely understood all that :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 574 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:58 am

The message expresses frustration and disappointment with the leadership and decision-making at a football club. Key points include:

Apology for previous unclear communications due to potential inebriation.
Criticism of the club's leadership, highlighting that only one credible football person is in charge, and lamenting missed opportunities or ignorance.
Highlighting the irony that the coach of the Country Championship side was the same person previously fired.
Skepticism about the club’s cultural change efforts, suggesting that mediocre performance is tolerated.
Mocking the club’s executive committee for being ineffective, likening them to comedic characters.
Assertion that the club missed an opportunity to advance due to listening to the wrong voices.
Revealing that the playing group was blamed for the dismissal of their coach, calling this action spineless.

The overall tone is one of disillusionment and criticism towards the club's leadership and decision-making processes.

via chatgpt
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 1466 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy