River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Ramrod wrote:Tips for this week.
Mannum vs Imperials. Might be a good time for us to get them, I think they will be just to strong. Mannum By 10 points.
ramblers vs Mypo. Cant see who will shut down the Mypo forwards. Fidge will have to pull something out of the bag if ramblers want the win. Mypo by 7 goals.
Jervois vs Meningie. Good game this one, will be very close, Jervois have recruited well, and might be a bit strong. Jervois by 8 Points

Imps by 13 points
Tigers by 60 points
Bears by 17 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Panther32 wrote:Mine would be...

Mannum
Jervois
Ramblers
Mypo
Imperials
Tailem
Meningie

Panther You're not involved with this comp at all, and by judging where you have put meningie i think you're good friends with Champ and have some issues with grasshopper. And another thing if you knew anything about this comp you would know Tailem Bend will struggle to win a game.

Geez I must have missed that rule where you have to be involved in the comp to have an opinion!!!
And I take it being a fat bastard eating pies and drinking cans on the sideline counts as being involved??!!
I guess we will just wait and see. :roll:
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Ramrod » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

Mannum
Jervois
Ramblers
Mypo
Imperials
Tailem
Meningie

Panther You're not involved with this comp at all, and by judging where you have put meningie i think you're good friends with Champ and have some issues with grasshopper. And another thing if you knew anything about this comp you would know Tailem Bend will struggle to win a game.

Geez I must have missed that rule where you have to be involved in the comp to have an opinion!!!
And I take it being a fat bastard eating pies and drinking cans on the sideline counts as being involved??!!
I guess we will just wait and see. :roll:[/

Your opinion is ridiculous. You're an imbecile.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Panther32 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:25 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

Mannum
Jervois
Ramblers
Mypo
Imperials
Tailem
Meningie

Your opinion is ridiculous. You're an imbecile.

Is this because I have put your beloved Imps in 5th spot or because I have put a team that won 2 games ahead of a team that won 3 games???
Glad to see you have supported your argument and not just insulted me there Ramrod!
Or did I just describe you to a tee???
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby Ramrod » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:31 pm

[quote="Panther32"][quote="Ramrod"][quote="Panther32"][quote="Ramrod"][quote="Panther32"]Mine would be...

Mannum
Jervois
Ramblers
Mypo
Imperials
Tailem
Meningie[/quote]

Panther You're not involved with this comp at all, and by judging where you have put meningie i think you're good friends with Champ and have some issues with grasshopper. And another thing if you knew anything about this comp you would know Tailem Bend will struggle to win a game.[/quote][/quote]

Your opinion is ridiculous. You're an imbecile.[/quote]
Is this because I have put your beloved Imps in 5th spot or because I have put a team that won 2 games ahead of a team that won 3 games???
Glad to see you have supported your argument and not just insulted me there Ramrod!
Or did I just describe you to a tee???[/quote]

Well I think might be right with us, unfortunately. Well there's no denying I like a pie, no doubt about it. But to put Tailem above Meningie is just ludacris. If biffboy is right in saying they are paying a reserves player $300 they might be in trouble. Who knows he might be a gun reserves player, but that doesn't feel me with confidence.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37 pm

[quote="Ramrod"][quote="Panther32"][quote="Ramrod"][quote="Panther32"][quote="Ramrod"][quote="Panther32"]Mine would be...

Mannum
Jervois
Ramblers
Mypo
Imperials
Tailem
Meningie[/quote]

Panther You're not involved with this comp at all, and by judging where you have put meningie i think you're good friends with Champ and have some issues with grasshopper. And another thing if you knew anything about this comp you would know Tailem Bend will struggle to win a game.[/quote][/quote]

Your opinion is ridiculous. You're an imbecile.[/quote]
Or did I just describe you to a tee???[/quote]

Well I think might be right with us, unfortunately. Well there's no denying I like a pie, no doubt about it. But to put Tailem above Meningie is just ludacris. If biffboy is right in saying they are paying a reserves player $300 they might be in trouble. Who knows he might be a gun reserves player, but that doesn't feel me with confidence.[/quote]
So I am an imbecile because I have 6th and 7th around the wrong way??? My apologies, I will go back right now and swap them around!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Skip Dimes wrote:
From The Outer wrote:Very doubtful that Smith will play at Imperials and even more doubtful that Tailem will be competitive. My mail is that they will be lucky to fill a reserves side.

Smith will be at imps, don't worry about that. The only reason there was some speculation regarding his footy situation, was possibly a change of employment commitments taking him interstate.

It seems not..

River Murray Football League Mt Barker Football club Smith, Philip Pending 2014-03-31
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

GWW wrote:
Skip Dimes wrote:
From The Outer wrote:Very doubtful that Smith will play at Imperials and even more doubtful that Tailem will be competitive. My mail is that they will be lucky to fill a reserves side.

Smith will be at imps, don't worry about that. The only reason there was some speculation regarding his footy situation, was possibly a change of employment commitments taking him interstate.

It seems not..

River Murray Football League Mt Barker Football club Smith, Philip Pending 2014-03-31

Can't see that through river murray clearances GWW but can see that James Smith to Mypo is pending, wow another forward.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Interesting one that, I thought he was moving away bit that would suggest different

Amazing how many clearances are up on that page :shock:
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Can't see that through river murray clearances GWW but can see that James Smith to Mypo is pending, wow another forward.

It was on the Hills clearances list, hopper.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby From The Outer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Smith will definitely be at Mt Barker. He made that decision over a month ago. Unfortunately the Imps officials did not want to believe it.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby biffboy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Heard tonight that both Matt Thompson & Gene Robinson are playing for the crows this weekend. I guess atleast that evens out then.

So hows everyone's teams looking for round one? I must say that despite our losses, we have still put a solid side on the park. Sure it may take some time to gel with the new style & players but only a fool would write us of at this stage.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:00 am

So I have decided to enlighten you all and fill you in on 3 things I learn every week from the team we play that round or on our personal game :D

1. Mypo have no depth! I did not see one player in the ressies that deserves a crack in the seniors except maybe the ruck man. If they have injuries &/or Gene plays in town, there bottom few will be exposed & will hurt them

2.Saying that, they are serious contenders. If all stay fit, especially that forward line they will be hard to stop. Kowald looked of but Moss, Gene & Smith are a potent bunch of players put together. If Kowald is getting paid, then I deserve a few free frothies for being there as well. Brad Martin is done, was basically an invisible person out there making dummy leads to clear space for Moss

3.Our discipline today may have cost us the game. Sure there were some dubious calls but why even give the ump that chance. Get Thommo & Muffy back & we will contend for the flag this year in a serious manner

Also, looks like Jervois have failed to deliver in a big way today or is it that Meninge just that good?

Next weeks games will be just as intriguing as round one, cant wait to battle the blues
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby P.B » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:59 am

Nice post Biff! Roos v Imps was a tough contest. There would be a few sore boys today! Williamson for Mannum looks like an absolute beauty. Took a grab running back with the flight in the last term that had us punters fearing for his life!
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:29 pm

P.B wrote:Nice post Biff! Roos v Imps was a tough contest. There would be a few sore boys today! Williamson for Mannum looks like an absolute beauty. Took a grab running back with the flight in the last term that had us punters fearing for his life!

Was Sheedy injured PB? Can't seem to see him on the players list on sportingpulse.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby P.B » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:41 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
P.B wrote:Nice post Biff! Roos v Imps was a tough contest. There would be a few sore boys today! Williamson for Mannum looks like an absolute beauty. Took a grab running back with the flight in the last term that had us punters fearing for his life!

Was Sheedy injured PB? Can't seem to see him on the players list on sportingpulse.

Yeah Sheeds didn't play ... think he did a slight hammy in the trial last week. Impressive result by your boys Grassy - was it a case of Jervois being overrated or are the Bears THAT good? Great for the comp to have the Bears up and about early!
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:09 pm

P.B wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

Yeah Sheeds didn't play ... think he did a slight hammy in the trial last week. Impressive result by your boys Grassy - was it a case of Jervois being overrated or are the Bears THAT good? Great for the comp to have the Bears up and about early!

Yeah fair enough, was a great result, very exciting start to the season.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Bustarhyme » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:57 pm

[quote="P.B"][quote="grasshopper22"][quote="P.B"]Nice post Biff! Roos v Imps was a tough contest. There would be a few sore boys today! Williamson for Mannum looks like an absolute beauty. Took a grab running back with the flight in the last term that had us punters fearing for his life![/quote]

Was Sheedy injured PB? Can't seem to see him on the players list on sportingpulse.[/quote]

Yeah Sheeds didn't play ... think he did a slight hammy in the trial last week. Impressive result by your boys Grassy - was it a case of Jervois being overrated or are the Bears THAT good? Great for the comp to have the Bears up and about early![/quote]

Was at the jervois v meninge game and I'd have to say that Menengie looked every bit a genuine threat for a top 4 position. They were very good. The game was played at a high intensity with both sides cracking in. Meninge simply ran harder, used the footy extremely well and kept the foot down all day. Jervois have got a lot of work to do from what I saw but I wouldn't write them off just yet. As for the Bears guess we'll see how serious a contender they are when they play Mypo, Mannum, Ramblers and Imps. Be interesting to see how they go against Tailem this week, if they play the way they played yesterday there won't be too much joy for the Eagles.
Bustarhyme
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

I keep my thoughts to myself mostly but yesterday at mannum was a scrappy affair but a very physical one. if we were going to get mannum it was yesterday. i think they're only going to get better looking at their side. though I'm hoping injury strikes them. i heard Hall hasn't kicked a footy since the gf last year and he was snapping them from everywhere on both feet. we'll be around the mark though don't worry about that.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby pigskin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Hey Biffboy, Don't be too early to judge Martin and Kowald. Kowald hasn't played for 18 months and Martin had a pretty big clean out of his knee after the finals last year. I would give it 6 or 7 games until I would judge whether they are still good enough or not, just my thoughts.
pigskin
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy