River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon May 26, 2014 8:58 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:No siren incidents PB?? The Blue boys have found their stride. Everyone wrote off the two MB teams but we have depth and youth that just keeps piling through. Mannum don't have the best players in my opinion. They're all too old. Bowen, Clayton, Sheedy, Mueller are all 35? Clayton is too slow and has no fitness. Without O'Malley they are a 5 goal weaker side. Because of their age they will be inconsistent. I expect Mypo and Meningie to improve but balance will be restored to the world when Imps v Ramblers play in the GF.

I see Gene Robinson had a big game for the crows 23 possies and a couple of goals.

Yeah quite an effort! May have just secured a spot down there permanently.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby used to be » Wed May 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Interesting read in the advertiser today. A bit rich O'Hara having a comment when he is the worst offender but tries to hide it.
He is correct though no club can withstand the amount of money being earned by hard workers , volunteers and sponsors, only to be handed over to players , which in a lot of cases do nothing to support the club they are at for the moment and also in a lot of cases perform worse than the locals. No club no matter what bs will be told on here is immune from this . There needs to be 3 clubs in Murray bridge again so that the large amount of talent can be distributed fairly . Then we need a points system , and we also need a salary cap with massive penalty's for player and club involved in any breach. Each league is unique in its requirements and to be ruled upon as we are is completely wrong . Tailem and Jervois are great traditional clubs but a merger does have merit and would be for the best . Meningie merge with border downs , and we get a merger from the rest of the Mallee league maybe even 2 teams from there . Not often I say something serious but this is serious and needs to be addressed now. Good luck with it Mick but please look in your own backyard. Please think before you criticise me for the merger bit and think of the new people who would be involved and the new excitement of a new era of local footy.
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby lutz » Wed May 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Ricky Fox from Tailem? Playa?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby biffboy » Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 am

lutz wrote:Ricky Fox from Tailem? Playa?

Never heard of him so must be good
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:03 pm

We got belted yesterday. Lucky Mannum played the mercy rule and pulled off Sheedy, Clayton and Hall early in the last. I said some of their older players were too old and slow but the rain suited them perfectly. I was preying for the rain to stop so we could cut them up with our pace but it just kept pouring. Louis D battled hard all day against Bowen, he is a monster of a man. Quasty didn't get a kick and Hodgey got belted by Hall in a great fair bump. Have to love country footy! I still think if its dry we'll get them. Just have to wait till next time. We need the big man Davey back and Leechy is getting some form in the 2s and Clarkey may be out for a few so there's some real talent to still come back!

Looking forward to the chooks this week. Nothing better than knocking them off the top of their pen.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:We got belted yesterday. Lucky Mannum played the mercy rule and pulled off Sheedy, Clayton and Hall early in the last. I said some of their older players were too old and slow but the rain suited them perfectly. I was preying for the rain to stop so we could cut them up with our pace but it just kept pouring. Louis D battled hard all day against Bowen, he is a monster of a man. Quasty didn't get a kick and Hodgey got belted by Hall in a great fair bump. Have to love country footy! I still think if its dry we'll get them. Just have to wait till next time. We need the big man Davey back and Leechy is getting some form in the 2s and Clarkey may be out for a few so there's some real talent to still come back!

Looking forward to the chooks this week. Nothing better than knocking them off the top of their pen.

Yeah, I thought it was an interesting result as the blues are generally pretty good in the wet. Maybe your kids are a bit scared of the hard stuff MM?

Solid result for us Chooks & I cant see Imps knocking us of our "perch". A hard preseason is beginning to pay of with few injury concerns, only Weyland with a crook leg but he would never miss the blues. Hope you enjoy your rooster burger as it may be the only highlight of your day
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby P.B » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:40 pm

biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:We got belted yesterday. Lucky Mannum played the mercy rule and pulled off Sheedy, Clayton and Hall early in the last. I said some of their older players were too old and slow but the rain suited them perfectly. I was preying for the rain to stop so we could cut them up with our pace but it just kept pouring. Louis D battled hard all day against Bowen, he is a monster of a man. Quasty didn't get a kick and Hodgey got belted by Hall in a great fair bump. Have to love country footy! I still think if its dry we'll get them. Just have to wait till next time. We need the big man Davey back and Leechy is getting some form in the 2s and Clarkey may be out for a few so there's some real talent to still come back!

Yeah, I thought it was an interesting result as the blues are generally pretty good in the wet. Maybe your kids are a bit scared of the hard stuff MM?

Solid result for us Chooks & I cant see Imps knocking us of our "perch". A hard preseason is beginning to pay of with few injury concerns, only Weyland with a crook leg but he would never miss the blues. Hope you enjoy your rooster burger as it may be the only highlight of your day

Haha MM too old and slow. Sheedy was huge yesterday. Michael O'Malley is a freak, his ability to get to so many contests is unbelievable. I wouldn't be too confident against Ramblers either, they seem to a much better side than they were 6 weeks ago. Im just worried about us having to play them off an extended break again! We all know what happened last time :oops:
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby P.B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Does anyone know who's in the RMFL squad? I know who the Mannum lads but I'd like to see the whole squad???
P.B
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:10 pm

P.B wrote:Does anyone know who's in the RMFL squad? I know who the Mannum lads but I'd like to see the whole squad???

Matt Altmann, Ben Gogel, Liam O’Neil, Alex Pfeiffer, Sam Pfeiffer, Jake Sutcliffe, Jarrad Weyland and Matt Thompson is the list from Ramblers mate.

I would also like to thank the President at Mypo for introducing the correct captain during speeches after the game Saturday. He was the first one to get it right in the last 3 attempts
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Meningie
Fenton, Warmington, Liston, Thorpe, Gibbs, Rossi, Arbon, Reichelt, Benbow. I think that's ours.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby P.B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Sheedy, Clayton, Bowen, Williamson, O'Malley, Bowles, Pech and Rudiger from Mannum. Looks like there will be some solid players if they make themselves available which I've heard the Mannum lads have. Im sure there'll be a few 'injuries' pop up!
P.B
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:31 am

anyone manage to venture down to Johnstone Park last night to get a look at the RMFL squad? rumours circulating that its looking like a strong team?!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 am

Monopoly Man wrote:anyone manage to venture down to Johnstone Park last night to get a look at the RMFL squad? rumours circulating that its looking like a strong team?!

Yeah I've heard the same MM, there was 20+ on the track last night, I'd expect a lot more for the compulsory on Thursday. Reading on some other threads and talking to people seems like a lot of leagues(hills included) have been training for a couple of weeks.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:13 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:anyone manage to venture down to Johnstone Park last night to get a look at the RMFL squad? rumours circulating that its looking like a strong team?!

Yeah I've heard the same MM, there was 20+ on the track last night, I'd expect a lot more for the compulsory on Thursday. Reading on some other threads and talking to people seems like a lot of leagues(hills included) have been training for a couple of weeks.

Yeah its a difficult one. You look at our squad and there’s not too many ‘locals’ four of which train with the Crows, and given our location its probably a bit too much to ask city players to come up 2-3-4 times a week. I’m not sure many would turn up? I think if you had a location like the Hills it would be much easier to call a Wednesday night session at one of their ovals which is 20mins away.

20+ is a good result, I’ll be Thursday for a look. If we get everyone available the midfield talent will be good to watch.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 am

Monopoly Man wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

Yeah its a difficult one. You look at our squad and there’s not too many ‘locals’ four of which train with the Crows, and given our location its probably a bit too much to ask city players to come up 2-3-4 times a week. I’m not sure many would turn up? I think if you had a location like the Hills it would be much easier to call a Wednesday night session at one of their ovals which is 20mins away.

20+ is a good result, I’ll be Thursday for a look. If we get everyone available the midfield talent will be good to watch.

Yeah that's a very valid point, and yes agree midfield will be very strong for sure and I think it will be the strongest RMFL side we've had in years.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby P.B » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

Two years ago the side was very strong ... this one may beat it if everyone is available come Thursday. you're both right about the midfield. Apart from Altman who are the other well known forwards in the squad?
P.B
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Owen Love, James Moss and even Rudiger from Mannum seems to be playing some good footy up forward. Killed us on the weekend at different stages. Sutcliffe and Gogel from the chooks are others. benbow from the bears. Plenty of forwards to choose from PB
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The Duke » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:06 pm

A win for the Cods will increase Hallys stocks and explain why Kenny Hinkley wants him back at the Power.
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Bazza J » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 pm

The Duke wrote:A win for the Cods will increase Hallys stocks and explain why Kenny Hinkley wants him back at the Power.

My old mate The Duke is back! Still has the inside scoop on all that is jargon. I was hoping to catch up for a beer with you this weekend but turns out I forgot you would be at Buckingham for a certain birthday. Surely the time has come for the great Duke to receive a knighthood for all that he has given to this wonderful game of ours?

Nothing better than finishing the dinner and dishes at Mannum and seeing a post from Dukey. Made my day!
Bazza J
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Karoonda

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:51 am

I don't know the full team but Liston, Fenton, Warmington and Arbon made it from the Bears.
grasshopper22
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy